Visitor

Norton not allowing me to backup C:\\Progam Files...WHy? How do I do that?

Norton Backup not allowing me to add "C:\\Program Files" to a Backup Set.

I want to create a backup of that entire directory before installing some program updates that are available online, but can't find a way.

I'm trying to create a local backup of that directory, but Norton won't allow it to be included in either an existing Backup Set, or a newly created one.

I've tried both adding that folder, and adding "Other File Types", but no joy.

Can anyone provide explain why?

Can ayone offer assistance re: how to create a backup of that directory?

Thanks.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton not allowing me to backup C:\\Progam Files...WHy? How do I do that?

x002657 wrote:

Norton Backup not allowing me to add "C:\\Program Files" to a Backup Set.

I want to create a backup of that entire directory before installing some program updates that are available online, but can't find a way.

I'm trying to create a local backup of that directory, but Norton won't allow it to be included in either an existing Backup Set, or a newly created one.

I've tried both adding that folder, and adding "Other File Types", but no joy.

Can anyone provide explain why?

Can ayone offer assistance re: how to create a backup of that directory?

Thanks.

Norton Security Suite is designed to do backups of your personal data, such as photos and documents. 
It is not a system recovery tool, so it can not be used to accomplish what you are trying to do.

Perhpas I jumped on the answr too quickly, I guesed you were using NSS - or are you actually asking about Norton Online Backup?  which is a different program?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'