Contributor

Norton password safe does not work on many websites

The new Norton password manager does not work on many sites. Ironically it does not work on Comcast's site, I have to manually type my username and password. I looked in the Identity Protection and the password and login is there but it does not work. Same with Ebay and many other websites I visit regularly. But some sites it works perfectly that is what makes it so annoying.
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Norton password safe does not work on many websites

Hi Bellingham-Bob,

What is your operatin system and SP# and which browser and version  do you use?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor

Norton Security Suite 20.2.0.19 Windows7 Home Premium 64bit SP1 Firefox 16.0.2
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Thanks for the feedback Bellingham-Bob, I left shortly after my last post and am just now getting back home to look back over what I missed.

Did you upgrade to version 20.2..0.19 over the top or via a clean install?  Was it from version 6 or a former version (like 5)?   Can I assume that your ID Safe was working fine,  autofilling all the usernames and passwords., prior to the upgrade?

Please run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until such time as it responds with the specific words "no updates found".  Until you see those exact words - you are not totally up to date.  You may also encounter a PATCH that needs to be applied.  Apply it and the continue running LiveUpdate as asked for above.  You may need to reboot after the Patch is applied.

Let us kinow your reposnses and if the LU makes any difference.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor

It was a clean install but I backed up my password database and imported it to the new install. I ran live update and it only updated the virus definition files, all the rest were "no updates found"
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Bellingham-Bob wrote:
It was a clean install but I backed up my password database and imported it to the new install. I ran live update and it only updated the virus definition files, all the rest were "no updates found"

Just a doublecheck- was your old install version 5 or version 6 - I ask, as the ID Safe data is backedup up in NPM format in 5 and DAT in 6 - you can check by looking at your backup format.  I know v 6 can import NPM - I have not tried v20.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't find the backup file I used. I am not sure what version the old one was but it looked different than the current version if that is any help. If I could roll back to the older version I would as that worked flawlessly.

This is getting quite annoying as it seems random recently it has been working on Comcast but now does not work on Ebay, Facebook, and several but not all of the forums I vist regularly.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

From main page of NSS > Settings > Identity Protection > Export > Configure[+].  Once you get the new page, click on Browse and see if it takes you to the location where you saved your data before?  Mine takes me right to the Notepad folder that I saved the file in.

BTW, you must be signed into your Vault in order to see the Export option.

Let us know if the backup file format is .DAT or .NPM

Once you locate your Exported backup we can try some other things.

Contributor

The backup I used is gone, it was on a hard drive that was replaced.

When it came time to setup NSS on the new hard drive what I did was boot off my old hard drive make a backup in NSS.

Then I booted off the new hard drive, my old hard drive was still accessible (as drive D).

The backup I created that was physically on the old hard drive and that hard drive is gone

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

I am not sure this will work or not - but it can't hurt anything.  You may not even have the information on your current system - but it's worth a try since it may have been "brought along" when you moved NSS over from the old HDD.

In Win 7, Navigate to:

C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\N360_20.1.0.24\IdentitySafeDataStore\S-1-5-21-1845553030-3031872880-4008053321-1001\IDDStore2.dat

1. Copy the Identity Safe data folder to a new folder in a convenient location on your computer.
2. In the Identity Safe Settings Window select Import Data > Configure [+]
3. In the Import Identity Safe Data window, 'Browse' to the new folder you just created in step 1
4. Double click the folder to open it and select the file IDDStore2 > Open.
5 .Under 'While importing data', select 'Merge with existing data' and click OK. You may be prompted to enter the password for the old data.
6. If you have changed any login credentials for a particular site since the older data was created, you will be presented with a Data Conflict window. Select which login version you wish to keep and click OK.
7. OK your way out and check that the merged logins have been added and are working.

Let us know how things work out.