New Visitor
Suzeq170

How do I go about installing the free Norton anti virus protection?  Thanks.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Norton

New Visitor
cheryldp1

I have tried several times to download but my computer was unable to restart and had to recover from a point when it was able to.  I had been paying for Norton previously but did not renew.  After starting the process, it did indicate another version was detected and would remove or update.  What is he issue?

Contributor
BeZurcher

Did you uninstall the one you paid first. Make sure you use the Norton Removal tool.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

cheryldp1 wrote:

I have tried several times to download but my computer was unable to restart and had to recover from a point when it was able to.  I had been paying for Norton previously but did not renew.  After starting the process, it did indicate another version was detected and would remove or update.  What is he issue?

Hi cheryldp1,

Please go here and follow the instuctions.  You will notice from the first sentence that it covers your situation with a paid subscription previously installed, as well as instructions for exporting your ID Safe data if you used the former Norton product to save your logins.

Even though the install offered to remove the previous versioln - it does not always do as good a job as trying a clean install - especially if something was not quite right with the prior product.

Let us know how you get on.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Regular Visitor

How do I download norton free

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

ragsdome wrote:

How do I download norton free

Hi ragsdome,

Please go to this link and follow the instructions.

Let us know how things go!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'