New Visitor

Re: Norton won't open

no norton protection. Please fix>>>

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi kkirchoffner,

Could you give us some more info in regards to your problem?  Is it installed, just installed, has been woerking and just quit etc.

Please also tell us your operating system XP/Vista/Win 7.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Visitor

im having the same problem..after the update my norton wont open..i have no other virus or spyware/security on the comp besides nss

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

joeandtiffany wrote:

im having the same problem..after the update my norton wont open..i have no other virus or spyware/security on the comp besides nss

After which update?  Liveupdate, version update or what?

Has NSS been installed and working properly?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
lebauman

I am also having problems....it won't finish loading...I am running Windows 7 64 bit

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Folks, if you can't supply information we ask for, we can not help you.  We need as much info as you can give us about the siutation you are facing.

New Visitor
lebauman

Okay, I am running Windows 7 64 bit. My Nortons would not come up. I researched it and it told me to uninstall and re install constant guard. I did this using the tool provided. It will let me download Constant Guard but when it becomes time for my computer to reboot it doesn't. I reboot manually and constant guard is trying to finish the install. My mouse Icon just keeps showing it circling and circling...is there more information you need?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

lebauman wrote:

Okay, I am running Windows 7 64 bit. My Nortons would not come up. I researched it and it told me to uninstall and re install constant guard. I did this using the tool provided. It will let me download Constant Guard but when it becomes time for my computer to reboot it doesn't. I reboot manually and constant guard is trying to finish the install. My mouse Icon just keeps showing it circling and circling...is there more information you need?

Hi lebauman,

Thanks for the addtional info.  You mentioned Constant Guard - are you referring to the Constant Guard Protection Suite (CGPS)?  Norton Security Suite (NSS) is a separate program from CGPS.  So we are talking two different programs already - now you see why the more info the better.  :smileywink:

Let's start by looking in Control Panel > Programs & Features and see if CGPS is present - if so, please uninstall it.

Now, is your Nortons present ( I am assuming you had it installed prior to installing CGPS) and working?

If not let us know if it is still installed or not and we'll go from there.

New Visitor
lebauman

Okay, I have uninstalled Constant Guard and looked in my programs. I do not have Norton's installed anymore. Where do I find just Nortons without the Constant Guard program. The link on the Comcast site installs both with Constant Guard being pre-loaded first then it is supposed to reboot and continue the install. Do you need more information?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

lebauman wrote:

Okay, I have uninstalled Constant Guard and looked in my programs. I do not have Norton's installed anymore. Where do I find just Nortons without the Constant Guard program. The link on the Comcast site installs both with Constant Guard being pre-loaded first then it is supposed to reboot and continue the install. Do you need more information?

OK, here is the link for the Norton Security Suite download.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Products/CGPS/norton/

When you go to the URL you will see a popup for Constant Guard Protection suite - please click on the No Thanks Button.  This will reveal the Get it Now Button which will begin the download of the NSS program.

Once the install is complete,  open NSS and manually Run LiveUpdate (located on drop-down under PC Security on left side of main page of NSS) as many times as necessary for it to respond "no more updates available". If a reboot is requested, reboot and then continue to Run LiveUpdate until it responds "no more updates available" and then reboot one last time.   Please be patient as I have seen this take up to 10 reboots in some cases.

Please let us know your progress.