Visitor

Re: downloading free norton

I want to install norton free security and antivirus search and destroy system on this computer i have it on my other computer

Recognized Contributor

The link previously given is good info how to.

You dont want to run two security programs that run live updates together, norton wont play nice with other ware, unless it doesnt run live and only updates and runs on your manual command.

You can download cnss at comcast security page.

Id personally use whatever tools ness to remove any and all old security ware first google your specific need.  Or the new install may not run right.

Visitor

Thank you you say just go to comcast security

Service Expert
Bartleby

fanteddy,

I'll assume you meant you want to run Spybot Search & Destroy with the Comcast Norton Suite.  If I'm wrong, please post again.

Spybot S & D may not coexist peacefully with the Norton offering.  It's teatimer application has been known to wreak havoc with other antimalware applications, and vice versa.  Norton's installer may even require Spybot removal, to complete--or offer to take care of that removal during the Norton install process.

You may be able to get rid of Spybot S & D, then install Norton, then reinstall Spybot.  But even doing that may cause issues.  If you try it, I would recommend turning off the realtime protection in Spybot S & D (meaning teatimer).

Recognized Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi fanteddy :smileyhappy:

Here is a great link the flying elephant posted about how too;http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=nsce_1&...

It contained a link to show you step by step how to put comcast sec on your pc, but you will find the comcast security download :http://security.comcast.net/ . Verify your pc meets the stated stats.

I cant recall if I said to remove all other security ware first google for removal tools if ness.

Scan for virus', malwarebytes is awesome and free.

Then load new norton from comcast. And do not load any toolbars even comcasts...rid yourself of any you have now before loading it.  Its really much better without them.

Let us know if you have a difficulty and def' look into bartleby's info here :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
tricianewton

how do I down load comcast norton free

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi tricianewton,

Follow the instuctions in the following link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

Please note when you get to the download of Norton Security Suite, just click on the NoTnaks Burrong on the Constant Guard Protection Suite popup and that will reveal the Get It Now button which will begin your installation.

Any questions/problems, please post back.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
highjack986

yes, I want the Norton protection that comes with my Comcast package!

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

highjack986 wrote:

yes, I want the Norton protection that comes with my Comcast package!

See USAF's post directly above yours for the link.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
New Visitor
Janene2003

is there a limit to how many computers on my network can use the antivirus program?  These are my childrens laptops and pc. 

New Visitor
Janene2003

i guess no limit.....i'm impatient sorry

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Janene2003 wrote:

i guess no limit.....i'm impatient sorry

Actually there is a limit of seven!  The same number of Comcast email accounts you may have!  Once you hit the limit, you'll receive a message about it - so install away.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor
AndrewRoach

I Just Got A new Computer And Would Like To Reinstall norton antivirus

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

AndrewRoach wrote:

I Just Got A new Computer And Would Like To Reinstall norton antivirus

Follow the instuctions in the following link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/How-to-Initially-Install-Norton-Security-Suite/...

Please note when you get to the download of Norton Security Suite, just click on the NoTnaks Burrong on the Constant Guard Protection Suite popup and that will reveal the Get It Now button which will begin your installation.

Any questions/problems, please post back.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014