New Visitor

StrikeForce Technologies

Each time I try to use Google, I get a popup from publisher StickForce Technologies,Inc and the name of

LicMgrEP.  What is this?  Is it part of Constant Guard?

Official Employee
ComcastTerry

Re: StrikeForce Technologies

StrikeForce Technologies is a third party software company which deals with internet security, keylogging and authentication. This has nothing to do with Comcast and is a program which is installed on your computer.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.strikeforcetech.com/index.aspx

Hope this is helpful! :smileygrin:

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

ComcastTerry wrote:

StrikeForce Technologies is a third party software company which deals with internet security, keylogging and authentication. This has nothing to do with Comcast and is a program which is installed on your computer.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.strikeforcetech.com/index.aspx

Hope this is helpful! :smileygrin:

Excuse me Comcast Terry, but I think you'll find that you have given some incorrect information.  Id Vaultis in fact from StrikeForce Technologies and is part of the Constant Guard Protection suite.

Please see this post here for addtional information:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Constant-Guard-Strikeforce-Technology/m-p/10556...

@ balocco,

Please see the above link for the solution from a previous thread.

Please let us know the results.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Official Employee
ComcastTerry

Terry Mahnke
Repair Technician II / Incubation.
National Activation Security & Repair (NASR)
Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hello -

A few things here:

1. Strikeforce Technologies - DOES make the application GuardedID (NOT ID Vault), which installs as part of the Constant Guard Protection Suite. However, it can also install as part of other applications or bundles.

To answer the question, though - YES - it does install as part of Constant Guard Protection Suite, and it can be disabled 3 ways:

1. IF Constant Guard Protection Suite is installed, go to the Options of the dashboard (main screen), to Configure Anti-Keylogging, and click to disable it;

2. By going to your Administrative Tools control panel, to Services, finding it in the list of active applications and Stopping the service;

3. By Removing it - go to the Programs/Features control panel (Vista/ 7) or Add/Remove software control panel (XP) - find the Guarded ID (GIDD) in the Programs list, and click to highlight, click to Remove, and teh RESTART.

Removing or disablign the anti-keylogging feature which Guarded ID provides will in no way affect your other installed security programs - which are part of the Constant Guard Protection Suite, including Norton. It is a separate application.

Hope this answers your question for you.

New Visitor
customerrc

Thanks for all the info.  Therefore...are Comcast ISP customers advised to allow it?  This only started appearing with no explanation, as far as I recall.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

It is not going to harm your computer, and so you can "allow" it when prompted. If you are concerned and do not want to use the anti-keylogging, then "allow" it and disable the anti-keylogging in the Constant Guard Options tab, OR "allow" it, and then remove the GuardedID application (the Strikeforce application) after you have installed the software. The bottom line, though, is that it is not going to harm the computer and you can remove it at any time.

New Visitor
trazko

Why is it a part of the security program suit, Constant Guard, if you are not reccommending its use? I understand that it can be disabled, but I would expect to see comcast endorsing the same software that it offers its customers for protection.

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi trazko,

At no point are we recommending you do not use the anti-keylogging portion of the CGPS Security Suite but if you already have an anti-keylogging software application installed on your computer system and receiving random characters when typing then we suggest you disable the anti-keylogging portion of the CGPS Security Suite.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem with this StrickForce Technologies.  Every time I open anything, I get the pop up that it wants permission to open.  I click "Don't Allow", but I want it to go away permanently.  I saw that you said it's a program on my computer, so I went to uninstall it, and there is nothing there under StrikeForce or LicMgr...

How can I get rid of this????

Official Employee
CGPS-Support

Hi Tbird515,

It sounds like you are having an issue with the Constant Guard anti-virus software which is completely seperate fromthe Constant Guard Protections Suite (CGPS).  You will need to contact them, directly, in order to resolve your issue.  Below, is a link to their support page.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Support/Contacts