Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

What is the latest version of Norton 360?

[ Edited ]

What version is Norton 360?

Thank you

Security Expert
CajunTek

Re: What is the latest version of Norton 360?

Comcast's offering is 20.1.0.24

TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor
ThomasBalmer

Live update will take up to 20.2.0.19, but REAL Norton 360 is 20.2.1.22.  This Xfinity verson is not compatable with the new norton toolbar that is for the new Firefox 19.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

ThomasBalmer wrote:

Live update will take up to 20.2.0.19, but REAL Norton 360 is 20.2.1.22.  This Xfinity verson is not compatable with the new norton toolbar that is for the new Firefox 19.

Yes the update is coming soon hopefully.:smileywink:

Just to quote Tony Weiss on the Norton forum:

"Unfortunately, the update is not available for Comcast Norton Security Suite 20.2.0 at this time. As you may have noticed, an update had recently been released in a throttled manner - version 20.3 - and will be available for Comcast customers shortly after the full release. This 20.3 update will receive the Firefox 19 patch as well. I hope that clears up the confusion; I'm sorry for the inconvenience."

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

Thanks. It can get confusing if you been using another security solution for awhile. I'm at 20.1.0.24 as of now, waiting for the update.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Confusing yes....Actually, with that version you have 20.1.0.24... running liveupdate manually until it says "no more updates" restarting as required....Should bring you up to 20.2.0.19 which is the current version for Comcast NSS.

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

I have tried that; however, after several attempts I seem to be stuck with 20.1.0.24. Maybe 20.2.0.19 is off the servers in wake of the 20.3 update.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

SatinKnight wrote:

I have tried that; however, after several attempts I seem to be stuck with 20.1.0.24. Maybe 20.2.0.19 is off the servers in wake of the 20.3 update.

Hi SatinKnight,

Try this download in lieu of using the download manager.

Please let us know how you get on.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

Thank you, it worked. However, it's the 2012 GUI instead of the 2013 GUI. I downloaded Norton from the business side, so I had to get the pin to continue the setup from the residential side (no big deal). I'm now at 20.2, but with the old 2012 GUI. Should I upgrade manually, or will it upgrade on its own.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi SatinKnight,

the download link I gave you was for Version 20.1 - which is the 2013 product.  You would have to run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until LiveUpdate responds "no updates found" and it should then be on version 20.2.0.19 which is the most recent version.  You shold not had to hacve downloaded anything from the busines side - the lnk I ghacve you was a download for the evryday user of NSS ( although both programs are the same with different PINs).  I don't; understand why you downloaded it twice, and if you are on v 20.2.0.19, then you are current.

You don't have NSS loaded twice do you?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

[ Edited ]

No, I didn't install it twice. I have the Comcast Business Class, and when I switch from Comodo Internet Security back to Comcast Norton 360, I downloaded from the Business Class website. The Business Class gave me Norton 360 with a totally different GUI (2013 GUI), but it would not update to 20.2.0.19 after several updates it remain at 20.1. Before I install the download link you gave me, I used Norton Uninstall tool to unistall my previous install, then I install the Norton on the link you provided. Thank you.

GUI from Business Class

https://upware.comcast.com/apps/4352?2126661361

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi SatinKnight,

From the screenshot you provided in the Business Link, the GUI looks different from the Residential GUI in that the residential doesn't have the Service Status (lower left) and actually has an extra Option at the top - "TASKS".

Here is what mine looks like - I did expand Support so you can compare the dropdown menu (on yours) and I have shown I am on version 20.2.0.19.

NSS v 20.2.0.19.png

You said "after several updates" - as I said you have to run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until you get the specific words "no updates found"  If you do not see exactly the following - keep runing LiveUpdate until you do.  Note - if you run LiveUpdate 10 times and it doesn;t show "no updates found" by that time - quit as there is something else wrong.

NIS LU No updates found.PNG

Since you want to run the Business Suite, and have it installed, please rerun LiveUpdate as instrctd and let us knwo where you are at when you se the "no update found".

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

Since the Business Class Norton 360 is different from the residential Norton 360, maybe this is the reason why I'm not seeing the 20.2 update. I may have to wait for the 20.3 update, weird.

Screenshot - 2_22_2013 , 4_34_49 PM.jpgScreenshot - 2_22_2013 , 4_31_29 PM.jpgScreenshot - 2_22_2013 , 4_28_50 PM.jpg

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

That is very interesting - it appears you have a program titled Norton Internet Security Online and if you look at your About the vendor provider is different (as in no name).  I have no idea  how you got it. 

It looks more like Norton Internet Security than it does NSS (N 360 clone) and I know that version is offered by Century Link - but other than that I do not know much about it.

I noticed from your past posts you had Comodo installed- was the removal tool ever used to removed it?  Also that you had Business Suite installed, used HitmanPro and other security programs - were any of them pro versions running in real-time?

I'm sorry, but I have reached the end of my knowledge base - so perhaps it might be best for you to contact Norton Support .  Sorry we could not get this worked out for you.

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

[ Edited ]

Thanks, you know I never notice that, it is Norton Internet Security and not Norton 360. I downloaded it from the Comcast business portal, weird indeed. I'm switching back to residential Norton something is wrong, and I don't want to comprimise my computer for outdated version or signatures. Thank you.

P.S.

I just found out while talking to a business tech, that the Comcast Business Class are now using Norton Internet Security instead of Norton 360 which make sense since many of the features of 360 wouldn't be use by most business class customers.

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

I had sent a email out to Comcast Business Class support about the NIS issue not updating to 20.2, and received a phone call this morning, and was told that the Comcast Norton Internet Security is 'static' and will not be updating any further than Version 20.1. What???  Security updates are fine, but with no version updates how are bugs going to be fixed. Now I really confused. I'm switching to Comcast Norton 360.   :smileyconfused:

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

SatinKnight wrote:

I had sent a email out to Comcast Business Class support about the NIS issue not updating to 20.2, and received a phone call this morning, and was told that the Comcast Norton Internet Security is 'static' and will not be updating any further than Version 20.1. What???  Security updates are fine, but with no version updates how are bugs going to be fixed. Now I really confused. I'm switching to Comcast Norton 360.   :smileyconfused:

Thanks for the feedback SatinKnight - I have heard no response from Norton - of course they are just getting to work on the West Coast, so it's still early.

One thing, make sure the follow the instuctions here to ensure a cleaninstall of Norton Security Suite.

Let us now how it goes.

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

[ Edited ]

Thanks, I downloading Norton 360 downgrading Firefox to 18.0.2 (turning off auto update) and waiting for patch 20.3.

P.S..

All is well, Norton 360 install without any issues Version 20.2, downgraded to Firefox 18.0.2 Norton toolbar working without any issues. Thank you for your help.     :smileyhappy:

Norton Expert
JonMcB_Norton

The offering for Business Class customers is now through the Upware Marketplace, which can be accessed from the Business Class portal.  The product is NIS Online now, and not "Norton Business Suite".

The product will receive updates automatically like retail NIS.  Minor, major, and security updates alike.

Regular Contributor
SatinKnight

Thanks, I thought something didn't sound right. Again thanks for clearing this little mishap, it was driving me mad.     :smileylaugh: