Regular Contributor
garysilverman
Accepted Solution

Will Comcast ever get Norton for apple MacBook pro?

[ Edited ]
Will Comcast ever get Norton for Apple Macbook Pro? I am so worried about a virus, I have just bought it early in November and the Norton trial is expiring in like 6 days and I fear for my new computer? With Mountain Lion 10.8.2? I know Comcast and Norton are fighting about a contract, will it ever be solved? A very concerned customer of 16 years! I waited a month for windows 8 and it still doesn't show in requirements but Windows 7 works on my second even newer computer. or do i now go to macfee or other companies and get their 30 day trials till it is worked out???????/ this is really terrible, comcast make the deal and fix the problem already!
Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Will Comcast ever get Norton for apple MacBook pro?

If you really feel that you need virus protection, get ClamX AV. Its free and works better on Macs than any Norton product. Don't wait for comcast.

Regular Contributor
garysilverman

[ Edited ]
Never heard of clam, but if Comcast offers Norton for free, they should offer it for everyone, not just for my windows 8. I don't feel that this is a good answer. If I'm paying to have my internet and TV out from 9:00:00:08pm to 9:00:10:00am over 12 hours yesterday then I want what I am paying for! LOst 5 movies I had on record ( one time only movies so I am screwed) so I just want what due! Norton™ Internet Security for Mac®Powered by Norton 360™ Technology. XFINITY® Internet customers can now get the #1 Ranked Norton™ Security Suite ($160 value) at no additional charge. It's superior online protection that won't slow you down. Mac OS X Mac OS X 10.4.11 or higher (includes 10.6.x support) Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) is not currently supported on this version of NIS P.S i knew Tommy Norton when he was writing 51/4 floppies and sure his company isnt great but I what is due. I'm back for the key punch days, I doubt if your much older that that!
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

FWIW,  the latest update I have found on the MAC issue is located at the following link:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-for-Mac/PLEASE-GET-NORTON-FOR-MAC-MOUNTAIN-LION-FOR-COMCAST-PL...

I'm just the messenger - so don't shot the messenger!  Oh and I am also a customer - just like you are, but have found Comcast lacking in the assistance deparrtment so myself and other "Experts" and customers volunteer our time to try to provide answers.  Have a look around the forums and see how many RED USER names you see - they are Comcast Employees.

We are actually lucky on the Security Board as CGPS_Support does do a very good job helping out here.

Don't mention key punch - I dreaded generating those classified reports that way during my AF days - as you said - many years ago!  :smileywink:

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Regular Contributor
garysilverman

Thanks USAF. I know and am waiting on the deal between norton and comcast.