New Visitor
frankdobbs

comcast antispy ware is giving me an error message at logout

the form of the error message is microsoft and I have submitted the problem report via the microsoft problem report but it still persists.  How do I get the error message more directly to comcast?  Do you know about it?  what do I need to do to stop it.  I am concerned it may be causing problems in my usage. 

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: comcast antispy ware is giving me an error message at logout

Any chance of a copy and paste of the complete message in a reply here?  We do not know about it as we can not see your system.  One sure way to get rid of it (I'm not saying the best way) is to remove the Comcast Toolbar.  There have been conflicts reported between the Comcast Norton Security Suite and the Comcst Toolbar, but once agian since we can not see your system, we do not know what all you have running on it.

Please supply more detail.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

If for some reason you cannot copy/paste the error message, you can take a screenshot of it and post the screenshot.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
bridgetnj

I have also been getting this same message ever since I updated the Norton Security Suite from Comcast and haven't been able to figure out the issue.

Service Expert
Bartleby

How do you know it's the same message?

Without more detail, we can't do much besides ask for additional info.

New Visitor
Nwalker

This is the error message that I've been receiving on my computer every time I logout.  Does this help you figure out what the problem might be and how we can solve it?  I like my comcast toolbar but if that's the only way to get rid of the error message then so be it.

access violation at address 00423B70 in modulee comcastantispy.exe writer of address000000D

Regular Problem Solver
DoubleG

Yes ditch the comcast toolbar.

New Visitor
loglady2

I am also getting the same message. Help I don't think getting rid of the toolbar is the answer

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Remove the Comcast AntiSpyware toolbar.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014
Administrator
ComcastLarry

Hello All-

Given the advice by , has the issue been cleared?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
Nwalker

Yes.  I have taken the comcast tool bar out and the issue has been resolved.  Thank you.

New Visitor
rberger

I get this same error msg during log off. Did you find a solution, beside deleting comcast toolbar?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Removing the toolbar is the ONLY solution.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
rberger

Sorry,

I can't just delete Comcast Toolbar its one of the best! For an expert, you sure don't give out very helpful advice. Gee maybe I should just use a different service provider that would solve everything!

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

@ rberger,

You have a problem, we tell you how to fix it and we are not helpful?? :smileyconfused:

Perhaps you should waste some time on the phone with Comcast Tech support or in live chat. Contact info is in this link:  http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/contactus/ContactUs.html

I think it is funny you are willing to change providers because of a toolbar.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

New Visitor

I receive th error message 00423b70 every time I restart.  How do I get rid of it or correct it?

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

yancosdan wrote:

I receive th error message 00423b70 every time I restart.  How do I get rid of it or correct it?

Uninstall the Comcast Antispy toolbar.

Navigate to the folder:  C:\Program Files\comcasttb.  Run the uninstall program.  Reboot your system and double check the process is no longer running (task manager).  You'll need to manually remove the folder called "comcasttb".

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2014