New Visitor
m314

comcastantispy.exe errror on logoff

i have not loaded the Comcast security software but everytime I try to shut my machine down, I get "Access violation at address 00423D88 in module comcastantispy.exe" and it won't shut down until I try it again. How do I get rid of this?

Regular Problem Solver
BlueJay

Re: comcastantispy.exe errror on logoff

Hi m314, not an expert here, but did a google on the error message and found that the .exe is part of the comcast toolbar..  As many of the experts say, "toolbars are evil" remove it..

Here is a link I found:

http://file.net/process/comcastantispy.exe.html

ciao, bj

New Visitor
rogerheisler

I keep getting an error message when i reboot, or logoff that is related to comcastantispy.exe.  Please fix or tell me how to fix it.  it also prevents changine tabs in explorer and confuses the outlook when you have a goto button in a message or advertisement.  It changes browsers and sometimes just shuts down outlook back to the desktop...............  Something is wrong....

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Comcast antispyware is included with the Comcast toolbar.

Open up Add Remove programs.

Look for CA Realtime Protection.

Uninstall it.

And while you are in Add Remove programs, uninstall the Comcast toolbar if it is installed. It's been known to cause issues which clear up after it is uninstalled.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor

Thank You Queen-Evie! For posting how to get rid of Comcast Antispy.exe!!!!!!!!!   Bill

New Visitor
swonger1

m314 wrote:

i have not loaded the Comcast security software but everytime I try to shut my machine down, I get "Access violation at address 00423D88 in module comcastantispy.exe" and it won't shut down until I try it again. How do I get rid of this?

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Souinds like you have the Comcast Toolbar installed. Use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2013
Contributor
froggy0666

I am getting the same issue of  "Access violation at address 00423D88 in module comcastantispy.exe",  and this is after i went in and deleted CA realtime Protection from my add and remove hardware.    I looked to make sure i didn't have comcast tool bar and I don't or xfinity (which comcast is called here now).   Any one have any other ideas about this issue? 

Security Expert
LoPhatPhuud

Did you reboot after removing the Comcast Toolbar?

Also check Add/.Remove Programs to see if any other programs starting with 'CA' are installed. Don't remove any yet, but post back here with the info.

"Once I talked to the inmates of an insane asylum in Hartford. I have talked to idiots a thousand times, but only once to the insane..."
Mark Twain

Microsoft MVP, Consumer Security, 2005-2013
Contributor
froggy0666

there are no other programs list with CA ---comcast--Xfinity.  

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

tch02, I have merged your post here into the one you started about this issue. It's much easier for us to help you when everything about an issue is kept in one place.