New Visitor

downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

hi, im trying to download the norton suite with my comcast subscription an it gets to the point where it asks me to restart my computer system t finish the download, so i restart it, but it dosnt download, and that same popup pups up again asking to restart my computer. i restarted my system at least 10 times since it asked me. how can i fix this and actually download the norton suite?

Norton Expert
CarlosL_Norton

Re: downloading the norton suite with my comcast subscription

ritjam,

Thank you for posting. Tipically the NSS download does not require a system restart, so you may be refering to a post installation restart and for some reason the system may be stuck in a loop. One way to verify that the download has completed is by looking in your Downlods forlder for a Setup.exe with the N (Norton) icon. Look for that and run the setup file to confirm the installation works, thus there will not be a need to re-dowload.

If the setup process ran correctly after download and the system is stuck in a loop, you may need to clean up the system and try again. Please use our Norton Removal Tool to clean up the system:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?docid=kb20080828154508EN_EndUs...

Once removed, you may go back to your Downloads folder and re-use the same Setup.exe to reinstall NSS. Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Contributor
calandratl

Can you download this security to a tablet?
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

New Visitor
ssimmons111

when i try to download norton it will not let me it show that the web site is lock

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

ssimmons111 wrote:

when i try to download norton it will not let me it show that the web site is lock

HI,

Assuming you are a new user, please see this Norton Security Suite FAQ for instructions for initial installation.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor
VALLEYCAMPERS

IT IS TELLING ME TO UNINSTALL OLD NORTON PROTECTION,BUT NOT HOW TO UNINSTALL

Contributor
VALLEYCAMPERS

WELL NOW WHAT?

Contributor
VALLEYCAMPERS

I GIVE UP

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Interesting 3 responses in 4 minutes and you give up?

Please tell us where it is telling you to uninstall Norton, but not how?  Are you following the link for the initial installation of Norton Security Suite (NSS) from Comcast?  If you alrady have Norton installed, you may wnt o use this link?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Contributor
VALLEYCAMPERS

ok

Regular Contributor

I had nss 22.0 and toolbar 2013.4.4.3 but for some reason, the toolbar is now disabled--won't enable.

went to comcast download site and installed "latest" nss

but it went down!

now have nss 20.1 and toolbar 2013.1.0.32

how do I at least get back to where i was?

Regular Contributor

ran live update seven times, rebooted seven times and now back to where I began.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi Anon106474,

Please verify your NSS versdion number (from main page Support > About).

You claim version 22 - but NSS has not even been upgraded to version 21 yet.  The most current version is 20.4.0.40 and most current version of the NTB add-on for FF is 2013.4.4..3, which was juts updated today in preparation for FF 25.

I have NTB add-on 2013.4.4.3 on my NSS version 20.4.0.40 and it is enabled.  Have you tried to enable it in the add-ons section? 

Regular Contributor

You are correct. I had several notes and got them confused. As above, I ran update and reboot seven times and it brought me up to date.

I guess the confusing part is the cc site that says it's the latest version. But it's only the downloader and an old version. Then you have to run update/reboots several times.

That finally works, but there is no mention on the site. I should have known it's needed, but naive me, I expected the "latest" version on the site to actually be the "latest">

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Anon1069474 - I have been complaining about the "old version" (V 20.1) on the Comcst server and all the updates necessary to bring it up to 20.4.0.40 off and on for a few months.  As you can see- it has not helped get it anymore recent.

Glad yo got it all sorted out and about the version numbers - I have a hard time keeping it straight in my had also.  BTW did yo get the Noroton Browser update patch for FF 25 - just came out yesterday?

Regular Contributor

USAF,

I don't know if I got the FF25 patch or not. Is there a way to easily tell?

I keep my FF about 1-2 revs behind to avoid--at least minimize--all the frustrations of getting a compatiable NSS.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi Anon1069474,

From the main page of Norton Security Suite (NSS), select Tasks > Check Security History > using the down arrow behind Recent History, scroll to and select Live Update > you'll have to select one the of the updates by double clicking it, which will open it, click on the + and it will change to a - and list the downloads that were accomplished.  As seen in the screenshot below I received mine on 10/28/2013 @ 7:01 AM.  It is my understanding it had been released the night before - so you could have received it on the evening of the 27th - just check starting on the 27th coming towards the more recent dates and you should be able to find it - to verify you have it.

NTB Update FF25.png

One more thing I need to caution you about.  Norton only supports the current, plus 2 older versions of FF.  Please see the edit to the announcement here: 

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Toolbar-Norton-Identity/Attention-Firefox-3-through-22-users/t...

So with FF 25 out, Norotn only supports FF 23, 24 and 25.  Please do not get too far behind!

Regular Contributor

Perfect instructions, thanks.

I have NTB 2013.4.3.7 which I assume is the latest. My recent history does not show that perhaps becasue I ran so many live updates that it's not listed in the latest one.

I will upgrade FF on my 'second' laptop to make sure it all works before doing this one.

Hmmmm, tried to post picture of NSS screen but menu bar grayed out.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Uhmmm, you got me thinking now - I am on FF 24 andhave not upgraded to FF 25 yet, although I know I have the correct version of NTB for FF 25 (which also works fine on FF 24).  It is version 2013.4.4.3 which is "newer" than the NTB version 2013.4.3.7 you have.  That said - if you are currently running something less than FF24 - such as FF23 fater thelatest NTB add-on update - your coudl be correct for your FF23 version.  I hate to admit it - but I am not sure.

If all is working fine and you are on FF 23, then I believe you may be OK for the time being - bearing in mind a FF upgrade will be in your future because of Norton supported older versions of FF.

Even though the following link is from the Norton Fourm, it is also powered by Lithium as this forum is and the information will get your image to post.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Forum-Tip-How-to-post-screenshots-in-the-forum/td-p/25...

Regular Contributor

Heh, I have only FF22. Another minor annoyance is getting a FF update only lists the latest which often creates the problem of non-not-yet-compatible NSS.

I belong to several user groups and post pics all the time. But on this site, the menu bar is grayed out. Not one button works.

Regular Contributor

Downloaded FF25 and NSS works! Very happy now.

Thanks for all your help.

I assume when FF26 arrives, I'll be back with new problems.

have nss 2013.4.4.3

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

You are welcome - glad to hear all is well!

New Visitor
bookwormedout

Why isn't Norton capable of running on a 64 bit system ? They need to make one of those now my computer has messed from that Norton Security Suite. There is no refence to what system this is compatible with for all the money I pay I should get this internet service free now.

Where's the consideration?

Regular Contributor

bookwormedout,

Not certain what you are referring to, but NSS works perfectly on both my Win 8 64-bit laptops.

Security Expert
CajunTek

Anon1069474 wrote:

bookwormedout,

Not certain what you are referring to, but NSS works perfectly on both my Win 8 64-bit laptops.

It ran fine on my Win 7 64bit as well. I suspect his problem was more Constant Guard related then Norton related.

TANSTAAFL!!

Regular Contributor

Cajun Tek,

Heh, Constant Guard was the first thing I removed. Junk [IMHO]

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

[ Edited ]

Hi bookwormedout,

Please go the following link:

http://constantguard.comcast.net/norton?cid=NET_33_601#system-requirements

Scroll halfway down, you should System Requirements and you will see 64 bits systems are compatible.

New Visitor
mmimelt

No IT does not work ! Norton`s Security Suite Locks Up ! I run The Norton Power Trash and it still screwed up ! after a couple of days here we go again COMCAST NEED TO FIX THIS TRASH ! I got hacked once and I still need to protect my computer I pay 166 dollars a month and get changed because a signal not getting to my computer and I get hacked ! I ready to drop this TRASH ! I so mad !

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

mmimelt wrote:

No IT does not work ! Norton`s Security Suite Locks Up ! I run The Norton Power Trash and it still screwed up ! after a couple of days here we go again COMCAST NEED TO FIX THIS TRASH ! I got hacked once and I still need to protect my computer I pay 166 dollars a month and get changed because a signal not getting to my computer and I get hacked ! I ready to drop this TRASH ! I so mad !

Hi mmimelt,

If you calm down and explain to us exactly what is happening, we may be able to assist you.  What is the "Norton Power Trash"?  Are you by chance referring to the Norton Power Eraser?  If not what is it you are referring to?

Let's start at the beginning - what is your operating system and which version of Norton Security Suite (NSS) are you running?  The version can be found by selecting Support and then ABOUT from the main page of NSS. 

Please also include al the info you can in regards to "hacked" whathappened, what were you doing when it happened, what didi you do to correct it (if anything) etc.  what signal is not getting to your computer?

We understand your frustration, but if you want assistance, please provide all the info you can - and please be specific.

New Visitor
AnnieSutherland

Thanks . Yet I'm still trying to get the norton suite . I did the constantguard download already, but I didn't do the ... @ that time. Please help.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

AnnieSutherland wrote:

Thanks . Yet I'm still trying to get the norton suite . I did the constantguard download already, but I didn't do the ... @ that time. Please help.

Hi,

Please follow the instructions in this NSS FAQ.

New Visitor
mmimelt

ok I have an andriod Tablet and you want to change me again $19.99 for Norton it`s free for my computer so you telling me that you will protect my internet on my computer but not on my tablet. because, I`m paying for HD Box and Digital Box and The internet for over 165.00. and want tor ake in more money ?

Norton Expert
NortonSupport

Hello ,

Norton Security Suite through Comcast is free for the customers to use it on their windows/mac computers. But for your tablets/mobiles, you have to purchase the Norton Mobile Security seperately as the security through comcast covers only your computers.

Thanks!

Harry

Norton Support

Regular Contributor

Does the latest NSS [Indentity Safe and vaults] work on the latest FF version? I have V25 now.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Anon1069474 wrote:

Does the latest NSS [Indentity Safe and vaults] work on the latest FF version? I have V25 now.

NSS (version 21.1.0.18) that is totally up to date will work with Firefox 27.0.1. 

If you are on version 21.1.0.18 (as seen in Support > About from the NSS main page), please run LiveUpdate (rebooting when requested) until LiveUpdate responds "no updates found".  Then open FF and check the add-ons for NortonToolbar version 2014.6.5.1 and then at that point your can update Firefox to 27.0.1.

Please let us know how things go and if you are not on version 21.1.0.18, please let us know which version you are on and we will help you get up to date!

Regular Contributor

Thanks.

The problem I have [every time] is to update NSS. I can run live update all night long and it never changes.

I have:

NSS 20.40.0

NTB 2013.4.8.1

N Vulnerability Protection 12.0.5.3.1

In the past, I've upgraded FF and THEN try to update NSS.

You suggest updating NSS first? That does not work for me.

Norton Expert
NortonSupport

[ Edited ]

Hello ,

I'm Harry from Norton Support team. When you use Norton 20.x version, your Norton Toolbar add-on will only get updated to 2013.4.8.1, it won't get updated to 2014.6.5.1 unless you upgrade your Norton product to 21.x version. Refer to the details provided here:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Product-Update-Announcements/Firefox-27-Support-for-Norton-Toolbar/ba...

Hope this clarifies why it didn't change even after you run LiveUpdate. If you face any problem with using Norton Toolbar 2013.4.8.1, do let me know & I'll help you further.

Thanks!

Harry

Regular Contributor

Truly odd.

Upgraded to FF27.

Ran NSS live update five times.

Rebooted five times.

Every time it says no upgrade needed.

Still shows

NSS 20.4.0

NTB 2013.4.8.1

which is how it began.

But here's the odd part: my ID Safe and Vault works...!

Yes, I read your link-thanks--but it does not tell me how to update--only use Live update, which does not update [at least for me]

Norton Expert
NortonSupport

LiveUpdate is entirely different from upgrade to latest version, Liveupdate is to get latest virus definitions, signature upgrades, safe web definitions, sonar definitions etc. To get the latest version of Norton Security Suite- 21.x, you have to download the latest version(upgrade) seperately, uninstall the current one and then install the new one. LiveUpdate won't just upgrade Norton Security Suite 20.x to 21.x version.

Thanks!

Harry

Regular Contributor

Ah, I did not know that. So, I have to go to the CC site since that is my source of NSS?

Ugh. Dealing with CC site is a root canal.  I'll have a glass of wine to calm down and try it.

Regular Contributor

Ah, nine live updates [I counted them] and nine reboots and it works now.

Many thanks.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi Anon 1069474,

First of all,  glad you got thru it with Harry's assistance. 

FWIW, Comcast's NSS upgrade process is a bit different as the download of the upgraded product must come from the Comcast  server.  If you attempt to download it via the retail "Norotn Update Center", the Comcast NSS will not be recognized as a Norton product and you will not be able to obtain the NSS upgrade.

This is the NSS FAQ which covers the procedure to upgrade the NSS product, and if you are not on the current version of NSS as stated in the announcement Harry referenced (v 21), you must follow this FAQ in order to get to the required version.

Yes, we have found in the past that performing the Norton Update for the FF Browser toolbar prior to updating to the newest Firefox version cuts down on problems with the update to the new FF version. 

That said I'd suggest two things, first go into your FF > Tools > Options > Advanced Tab and set the FF Update Option to the option shwon below:

FF auto update option.PNG

This will stop the update from automatically downloading and installing prior to receiving the Norton Update for the NTB.  Once the NTB browser add-on updateis received from Norton, you can elect to install the new FF update.

It appears the next release (FF28) is sometime around March 17, so if things go as they have in the past, you can start looking for the Norton update a couple of days prior to that day - an announcement will be made on the Product Update Announcement  Board on the Norton Forum.  One you have the Norton update, you can accept the update for FF.  Plese let us know if this method helps you avoid any problems.

New Visitor
hsr3

Can you download norton on a tablet?
New Visitor
mmimelt

Can not use it when you have my Wi fi Down !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
mmimelt

Authenication Problem !

New Visitor
gaaron

The latest verions of Norton Security Suite includes ID Safe that is not a good as it was in earlier versions. Is there a way to download an earlier version of NSS?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Hi gaaron,

That is a question that has been asked before and it is possible to revert back with the retail versions of Norton, however, the NSS download has to come from the Comcast server and what is available on that server is the most recent version of NSS - which is the newer version of Identity safe.

If you are having problems with finding options in the new version or the basic operation of it, feel free to ask here and we'll try to get you some answers.  If it is just the general user interface, then there is nothing we can do in regards to that to assist you.

New Visitor
gaaron

Why not put an earlier version on the Comcast site?

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

gaaron wrote:

Why not put an earlier version on the Comcast site?

That is a question that Comcast would have to answer - it may be in the contract between Comcast and Norton.

BTW, unless the users name is in RED the people who respond on these forums are Comcst customers the same as you are who vounteers their time to assist other customers - thus we do not have any special powers or "pull" with Comcast!