New Visitor
New Visitor

error message on reboot after running spybot

After installing spybot, i scanned the computer with adware and spybot completed all the fixes it told me. Now when u restart the computer an error comes up - back up web error 137903. Can u help me?
Message was edited by: lcf
New Visitor

Re: spyware

It should but if it doesn't go to majorgeeks.com and search for spyware. After that download software called spybot and another program called adaware 6.0. They are awesome programs for getting rid of spyware.
Security Expert
CajunTek

Or you can look here at this forum topic in the third message in the topic are links to ad-aware and spybot S&D.. I would get both as they complement each other..
TANSTAAFL!!

New Visitor

also remember that adaware will find some spybot files and call it adware just make sure if you run both not to remove fies from eachother
Security Expert
CajunTek

Actually in the newest updates they don't do that any more... (ad-aware finding spybot files as spyware).. Now Pestpatrol.. That's another story...
TANSTAAFL!!

Regular Contributor
Brillig

Re: error message on reboot after running spybot

lcf, "137903" is a Back Web function, which you probably deleted on the advice of Spybot S&D, as I did. H-P, among others, installs BackWeb on their new computers (mine is pretty new). Spybot says it is adware, H-P says it updates your drivers and other H-P software. Since I deleted it, whenever I click on HP Updates, I get Runner Error "invalid BackWeb application id 137903". I don't think it has hurt anything, and I am apparantly getting H-P updates with WinXP updates; if not, you can get them from H-P.
Service Expert
Moms_hooked

Re: error message on reboot after running spybot

Icf...go to this site for the SpyBot forum Net-Integration. Scroll down to the second section for the Official Spybot S&D Support and click on the one you need. I am assuming that you have the SpyBot S&D 1.2 or the Beta for 1.3 (Use the 1.x for the 1.2)

They will explain how to get it back. I'm a fairly new user with my SpyBot 1.2 and I think there is a way to get it back but I want you to have the experts there explain. I did run down the posts and spotted a couple of things about BackWeb but you really need to post your issue. Please give them a better description of the exact error. Also let them know if you used the Advanced or the Easy Mode. They will be able to help you.

You will see a lot of issues going on right now because of a problem with an update. If you just installed your version you should be ok...but please keep this site in your Favorites and check it often. A new version is supposed to be out soon and info will appear on the Support Forum.

Moms...

Also...it's better to keep things in one post here...instead of going into the "/etc forum" also.