New Visitor
adam_85
Accepted Solution

how can i disable constant guard pop ups?

I keep getting pop ups from constant guard even with it NOT BEING INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER. Had this problem a few months ago, I even get the error message on my phone. I even recently reformatted my computer. This pop up simply will NOT GO AWAY. It is by far more intrusive than any virus I could possibly imagine, if I had the choice of having my identity stolen and having to rebuild my entire life or dealing with these un-closeable pop ups every time I opened my browser, I would choose identity theft. I called Comcast, they couldn't help me, they redirected me to another phone number saying I had to call a special department, when I call that number I get an automated voice message instructing me to call the previous number, is this a joke or something? Please for the love of god somebody has to have a solution to this.
Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: how can i disable constant guard pop ups?

Please post the exact error message.

New Visitor
adam_85

Constant Guard™ Alert - Bot Detected

Constant Guard from XFINITY has detected a bot on your computer(s). Click the "TAKE ACTION NOW" button to get important information about removing bots and malicious software from your computer(s).

New Visitor
PaysWayTooMuch

I am getting the same popups -- I did not Install Constant Guard nor agree to such invasive messages and am concerned about the number of savvy users who have not been able to find any bot despite lmultiple scans.

I've disabled the popups using adblocker plugins but shouldn't have to. I'd put far more credence into these messages if the only 'fix' wasn't (*surprise*) a $120 fix from Comcast. 

Security Expert
CajunTek

This has nothing to do with that Constant Guard, Comcast has two things they call that..

1) the program you download along with Norton

2) And the way they monitor web traffic to determine if you may be botted.

So if you are getting these popups I suggest you visit the cleanup forums at dslreports.com or

possibly bleepingcomputer.com

TANSTAAFL!!

Official Employee
ComcastRyan

Hi adam_85, PaysWayTooMuch

As CajunTek pointed out, these messages are being sent to you because we have records of bot activity emanating from each of your modems. This likely points to a bot infection inside your network, on any one of your devices. These messages are a courtesy that you should perform some actions to disinfect your machine, such as running an up-to-date anti-virus system scan or seeking advice from a malware removal forum. 

For information on the notification system we use, see the stickied thread:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/Comcast-Announces-Constant-Guard-security-progr...

To see if there are current records of bot activity from your network, go to this page, while connected to your local network:

https://amibotted.comcast.net/

New Visitor
PaysWayTooMuch

Thank you for your quick replies. It was a false positive in my car. What concerned me was the invasive popups that appeared without me ever having installed Norton or any Comcast software. Thank you
New Visitor
mediatorman

Why don't you just answer the question? I dson't care why the pop up appears. I want to disable it. If I can't do it say so.