Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

"Norton Security Suite has turned off Anti-Virus Protection"?

While I was browsing the web through IE8, I suddenly get a message that says, "Norton Security Suite has turned off Anti-Virus Protection.  Your computer will be more vulnerable to malicious attacks."  I thought it had something to do with the LiveUpdates on Comcast Norton Security Suite Version 6, so I had to enable boot-time Anti-Virus Protection.  Does anyone know why?  :catfrustrated:

New Visitor
muffinman471

Re: "Norton Security Suite has turned off Anti-Virus Protection"?

mine did the same thing do i go ahead and do what it says to do or is it a virus
Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

angeldeb82 wrote:

While I was browsing the web through IE8, I suddenly get a message that says, "Norton Security Suite has turned off Anti-Virus Protection.  Your computer will be more vulnerable to malicious attacks."  I thought it had something to do with the LiveUpdates on Comcast Norton Security Suite Version 6, so I had to enable boot-time Anti-Virus Protection.  Does anyone know why?  :catfrustrated:

Please tell us more about enabling Boot Time Portection - which setting was it on and which one did you change it to?

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

angeldeb82 wrote:

Please tell us more about enabling Boot Time Portection - which setting was it on and which one did you change it to?

My setting was on "Off", but I changed it back on to "Normal".  That's weird.

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Very strange.  Off is the default setting. 

I am at a lost as to why this would happen.  Also, I am wondering why youare using IE8 and NSS v 6 since I know you upgraded in the past to v 20 of NSS and was asking questons about FF 17.0.1? 

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor
angeldeb82

USAF_E-8_RET wrote:

Very strange.  Off is the default setting. 

I am at a lost as to why this would happen.  Also, I am wondering why youare using IE8 and NSS v 6 since I know you upgraded in the past to v 20 of NSS and was asking questons about FF 17.0.1? 

I didn't upgrade, though.  And besides, I know what I am doing.