Visitor
ging63

Anonymous Call Block feature

Why doesn't the anonymous call blocker stay on? Even if I turn it on every morning, I still get anonymous calls.

Visitor

Re: Anonymous Call Block feature

*60 1-205-447-0983#1-205-427-8093#1-205-401-1333#860-229-8892#860-223-7797#860-348-1684#
Visitor
ging63

*60 only works if the number is available. I just turned on Anonymous call block & the first call I got after that was anonymous....... 

Contributor
BJPABME

Mine "says" it's on, but I still get "Anonymous" AND "Hidden" annoyance calls....fund raisers that are asking for debit card #'s (I don't give it)...Why have the option if it doesn't work??  The last "hidden" call I rec'd was literally 7 minutes ago...I can't even block the "hidden" so I don't keep getting them...

Visitor
ging63

I finally called  Comcast & asked why.......it seems that it only works on local anonymous #'s & exempts charity,political & collection service calls..... which in my opinion makes the service redundant.

Contributor
BJPABME

It does!!  So the calls that we want to choose to answer or not are still permitted to be "hidden" or "anonymous". Great idea (not).  Seems it's just like the "Do Not Call" list.  Charities, Fund Raising, Political, etc are all exempt from that law.

I'm all for donating, but not to receive 3-8 (honestly) calls per day from "hidden" numbers up until 9 pm!! 

We should be given the option to BLOCK ALL HIDDEN OR ANONYMOUS CALLS, so our meals are not interrupted, so when we're in the shower...we're not interrupted (there are times I've jumped out and answered) and so on....there's nothing like answering the phone and hearing "Hi, I'm (insert name) calling on behalf of the (whatever charity). " I'm all for donating, but I will not give any info over the phone.  I ask them to mail it, and if they can't...no donation.

I'm wondering if it's only for people who have their number listed...I'm calling tomorrow and UNlisting my number AND complaining about the anonymous call rejection that should be renamed "Comcast chooses which calls I can screen".

Contributor
BJPABME

Figured I would share my last call to Comcast regarding "Anonymous Call Rejection/Block"...first, the reps I spoke with were EXTREMELY nice, friendly, I did enjoy the conversation.

I was finally told that Anonymous Call Rejection does NOT reject anonymous calls.  I did ask why it was named something it doesn't do... :smileyhappy:

The only calls it WILL block are people who intentionally block their numbers before calling you (i.e. private name, private number)  It will NOT block, Unavailable, Unknown, Hidden AND ANONYMOUS because the data is incomplete for Comcast to block??

So after my lengthy, enjoyable conversation...I am still less than impressed with this feature...only to have the phone ring today at 12:46 pm with "Unknown Caller" that did not leave a message.

Regular Contributor
VSHixson

I got a good one for you. We get calls from Pri-vate. Yes that is the (number)? that shows up on the caller ID. There is no way to block or forward these calls because you have to enter a number in the space provided. I'm on my way to talk with a rep to see how this can be. As far as blocking calls, I have found that forwarding those calls to a telemarketer has worked great so far.

Contributor
BJPABME

I've also rec'd calls from 111-111-1111...and these can't be blocked.  I did find out that my "hidden" calls are coming from ISP 766.96.4.4 which is a COMCAST ISP from somwhere in Kansas.  Go figure.

My missed call report will say hidden asterisk@76.96.44.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

All,

Anonymous Call Rejection blocks all incoming calls from people who have deliberately blocked their caller ID, either using the Caller ID Block per Call feature (*67) or the Caller ID Block per Line feature.  Typically, their caller ID would show as “Anonymous,” “Private,” or “Private Caller.”  Those inbound callers will instead hear a message that the customer does not want to receive a call from any party that has blocked their caller ID.

Anonymous Call Rejection will not Block any call where the caller ID information is not reported or is incomplete.  For example, calls that either display “Unknown,” just the city and/or state, or just the telephone number are all permitted to ring through.

Calls from political organizations, charities and surveys are still permitted, along with calls from companies with which you have an existing business relationship.

You can also tell the company that's calling to stop calling if they are soliciting or asking for donations and ask that they remove your name off their call list.

The National Do Not Call Registry can limit the amount of telemarketing calls you receive. You can register by going to www.donotcall.gov, or by calling 1-888-382-1222. 

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor
BJPABME

I am STILL receiving calls that say "Anonymous" "Pri-vate" and "(111)111-1111". How do they NOT report their number when calling someone??

How do we prevent  Charities, Surveys and Policitical calls from interrupting our day? 

The name of the service should be changed to "Private Call Rejection" as even with this service active, Anonymous calls are not rejected.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

[ Edited ]

All,

I apologize for the inconveniences this is causing you. I have reported your concerns to block charity calls and unavailable calls to the appropriate team for feedback.

Thank You
-Keisha-
New Visitor
LMCFashions

This is a tad bit pricey but I think it may be worth it in the long run when you take into consideration all of the features that it offers. You can even block (800) or (888) area codes using this....or any area code you would like for that matter.

http://www.privacycorps.com/products/?id=20

Contributor
RBys

ComcastKeisha wrote:

All,

Anonymous Call Rejection blocks all incoming calls from people who have deliberately blocked their caller ID, either using the Caller ID Block per Call feature (*67) or the Caller ID Block per Line feature.  Typically, their caller ID would show as “Anonymous,” “Private,” or “Private Caller.”  Those inbound callers will instead hear a message that the customer does not want to receive a call from any party that has blocked their caller ID.

What a load of...

I have Anonymous Call Rejection on, and I still get calls from Private Caller, Private, Unknown, Blocked, Unavailable AND (just minutes ago) Anonymous! This is a completely useless feature. It really needs to be fixed.

Visitor

Apparently this product has been "discontinued."  Would like to know why.

Regular Visitor
loudemartelly

The caller ID comes up with "800 Service" on most of these.

This text is transmitted with the phone number to my phone.

Why can I simply reject them by selecting specific text to be rejected?

This should be a relatively straight forward programming task.

New Visitor
lisaluv401

I keep getting unavailable calls a number no name it is very annoying I am sick I us oxygen sometimes I am not near the phone and rush to the phone for an unavailable call that I am not going to answer. I hope you come up with something real soon as much money as I pay for Commas services I shouldn't have to be inconvenienced daily by this type of calls all day everyday.

New Visitor
lisaluv401

ComcastKeisha wrote:

All,

I apologize for the inconveniences this is causing you. I have reported your concerns to block charity calls and unavailable calls to the appropriate team for feedback.

I keep getting unavailable calls a number no name it is very annoying I am sick I us oxygen sometimes I am not near the phone and rush to the phone for an unavailable call that I am not going to answer. I hope you come up with something real soon as much money as I pay for Commas services I shouldn't have to be inconvenienced daily by this type of calls all day everyday.

Contributor

We should be able to go online and block the numbers that we do not want to receive.  If Teleblend an smaller VOIP company has that feature why not Comcast.  I an very disappointed with Comcast they charged an arm and a leg for the service, they should put their programmer to work and improve the service. Also, the Comcast numbers must be in an open directory because we have never gave our number to anyone but they are calling us by our name what forced me to set up a message indicating that this was an out going line and not to leave messages because they are never be called back.

New Visitor
akbooth

To whom it concerns, recently I upgraded to get xfinity phone service. I've had it about two weeks now. Now I am getting calls from private name and numbers and anonymous callers all the time. I'm very unhappy that I can't seem to block these calls. My phone rings to often now. If this keeps going on and not getting fixed. I'll go back to century link. When I had them I was able to block private name, number and anonymous callers.
Regular Contributor
VSHixson

OK everyone, this is the lowdown. The company has really been pushing "Business Class" phone and internet and they want you to upgrade to a more expensive package. It's as simple as that. My understanding is that it is no better than what you have now, so don't bother. Features still won't work like they should. Remember "We are Comcast and we don't care, because we don't have to."