Frequent Visitor

Box compatibility

I just hooked up Xfinity voice service today. I currently have a Cisco RNG 150. Is this box combatible with Caller ID? I can't get caller ID to work on the tc or on my laptop after installing the softare.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Box compatibility

Only Motorola and Pace equipped area's have the UCID on TV and PC available right now.

Cisco / SA area's do not yet have it, Comcast claims it's coming eventually.

Frequent Visitor

I guess I will wait until the cisco box is compatible. Thanks

New Visitor
homesteadwine

I just finished a Comcast online support chat session and was told the Cisco RNG200-n is a compatible receiver for UCID.  Can you confirm that?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Please see post 4 from this thread it has recent information on the updated features on Cisco and Scientific Atlanta equipment.

The caller ID is not yet rolled out, but your box will be compatable when it is.  There is more to getting these features than just the box.

You also should be watching this link on the Comcast blog on the latest news for Cisco / SA area's.  You can also ask questions over there.

New Visitor
CG71

from reading this it answers some of my questions. But given all the ads for all comcasts features,why is i so slow and unavailabe in some areas. Such as the xfinity app, caller id , Mydvr etc.?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The difference on some area's have it (Motorola) and some still don't (SA/Cisco) is that the advertising overlaps area's with and without. 

As an example St. Paul MN is a Motorola system, and Minneapolis is a SA system.  Even the suburbs are interweaved on what system they are fed from.  There are other area's in a similar situation.