New Visitor
Erv1

Caller ID does not show on TV

How can I get caller I'd on tv.  I have caller I'd on phone (number only). 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Caller ID does not show on TV

You needd a Motorola or Pace cable box and Comcast triple play.

If you have Scientific Atlanta or Cisco cable equipment it is not yet available to you but is coming.

New Visitor
Erv1

I have triple play .  Box SMCD power/router and  rnd150 cable box

Contributor
jackyhovey

This is interesting.... I recently bought a new TV and swapped out my older cable box for a new Motorola (HDMI) one ... I'm able to program the cable box with the correct setting to see caller ID on the TV, but it has never worked to actually show the info when the phone rings. I keep getting the same answer from Comcast agents about my open ticket - i.e. that a Comcast technical expert will call me... no luck so far!  Very annoying to lose a nice service I had before, and phone agents apparently don't know how to fix it. 

New Visitor
mitziep

I have caller id on my TV and hasn't work for at least a week.  The tech that came out last week said it takes 24 hours to reset.  It has not yet

New Visitor
TWhite99

I have the same problem.   Caller ID was working fine on older model DVR.  I just picked up a newer DCX 3400 a couple days ago.  The newer DVR is not showing the caller ID on the TV.  Just ended a chat with Comcast/Xfinity technical Support.   My account checks out, and I have another DVR box where the Caller ID is displaying fine.   They could not toggle the iTV (Caller ID) setting remotely.  It shows OFF and does not switch to ON.  My view in the iTV menu is that the Caller ID setting is ON.  They have routed it to Level 2 technical support. I'll let you know what they find.  I suspect the cable box was not properly provisioned.  So that will require another 30 minute drive to the Comcast Service center and another one hour wait in line to switch it with no guarantee that the "new" box will work.

New Visitor
TWhite99

[ Edited ]

I have the exact same problem. I picked up a newer DCX 3400 cable box from Comcast 2 days ago.  No caller ID showing on this one.  They routed to Level 2 support.  I suspect they are not properly provisioning the cable boxes.  Unfortunately the customer has to find this mistake.

New Visitor
TWhite99

I am happy to report that the Caller ID is now showing up on the TV with the newer DCX 3400 Cable/DVR box.  Comcast tech support called yesterday morning to test a change they made in the background. It didn't work immediately but after a late night reset (pull out plug for 1 minute) and waiting 24 hours the Caller ID now works.  It works on both TV's and I noticed the look of the Caller ID box is now different.  It does show the same on both our TV's even though the other box is an older Model Motorola.

Contributor
jackyhovey

Thank you, TWhite99, for posting your update about successfully getting the Caller ID issue fixed... it has encouraged me to call Comcast AGAIN... to get better attention on my own open ticket, and see if they can do anything... I don't have DVR like you do, so maybe it has to do with the type of box I was given .. supposedly to handle HDMI but without DVR... Sigh!