Contributor
Accepted Solution

Caller Id not Working on HD boxes

I contact Comcast earlier to let them know that Caller Id was not working on one of my HD boxes but it was working fine on the other.  They issued a reset signal to the non-working box and it took about 1 hr to reset.   Now it does not work on either of my boxes.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Caller Id not Working on HD boxes

Unplug - wait 30 seconds - replug both of your boxes to reload the interactive applications.

Give it 2 hours before you test it.  It will take another 24-36 hours for your full guide to reload.

If they still don't work, then come back here tomorrow and it will be escalated to the Comcast Corp team that will follow up to get your caller id's back working.

If the reboot doesn't do it, then it is an account issue.

Contributor

I tried on both HD boxes this morning.. Tried one then 2 hrs later tried the other.   The 1st unit now has Caller ID working.  This is the unit that had worked last week.   The 2nd unit still does not work.  The 2nd unit is a newer DCX 3400 HD/DVR that I picked up at Comcast last week.  The guides on the 2nd unit still do not show up (not complete anyway) but your earlier reponse indicated that it might take 24 hrs for those to completely reload.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

If the new DVR doesn't start working on the caller ID by Monday, then please post back and the Comcast Corp administrator will be notified to look into the relationship of your new DVR with your account.  He will get it working if it doesn't come up on it's own.  There is always a few day delay on new equipment getting found on all the backend systems.

Contributor

Stll not working,

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Corp escalation team has been notified of your on screen caller ID issues and will get you fixed up.

Please watch this post and you email for updates from the team and if they need more information from you.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi mikecy - I'd like to work on this with you before moving further. I just moved a few things around on your account - can you please tell me what you are seeing?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Contributor

At this point I do not see anything on the HD/DVR box.  No Universal Caller Id, no error message or no message of any sort.  The other box is displaying Universal Caller Id ok.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Thanks for confirming - I will have someone reach out to you today to discuss having the unit replaced if needed. We may need to have a tech out as well.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Contributor

It's working now.

Connection Expert
JamesR

mikecy wrote:

It's working now.

Good!  Please post back if it goes down again.