Contributor
Jayman73

Caller id is not showing up on TV.

Let me start by saying that I have the caller id working on the TV for a year now, then my service was stopped for a late payment, but was only off for a few hours. Anyway when the service was restored my caller id on the TV was not working. I have put in 2 calls in the last week going through all the normal troubleshooting and they said they had to refresh my lines, and it is still not working. What can I do to get it working?

New Visitor
Shabacca1

Caller ID on TV not displaying names of persons using cell phones

I signed up for Triple Play about 7 months ago. Caller ID was working perfectly on my TV.  It displayed the callers name for both land line and cell phones (If I had the caller’s cell phone number and name programmed into my phone.)  Now Caller ID on my TV is not working properly. When someone calls from a cell phone (and they are programmed into my phone) their name will be displayed on my phone; but on the TV it displays only the person’s phone number and state of residence.

New Visitor

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

Had caller I.D. on T.V. t was working fine, I forget the way to get it back to flash when the phone rings. My sister shut the  TV off one day with the red button "power off". And now it does not display at all when phone rings.  where can i find the steps to make it visible on my screen again?  Thank you...

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

Hello,

Have you called comcast to check that your universal caller id code on your account is activated?

Contributor
Jayman73

Not exactly. I just told them it was working until the service was stopped and restarted. The first person just had me unplug everything and they refreshed the line and that did not work, the second person said it was a programming error on there end and it should be working after another refresh and he said it could take up to 6 hours to start working again. And it still does not work.

New Visitor
New Visitor
lfl

Same here.  New to voice.  It has been a real pain getting the voice mail to show up when I log in.  No caller id on tv or pc.

New Visitor
sandstoneco

This has happened to me as well.  Each time I contact support, they have no idea what to do.  I tell them what happened and why, but it just doesn't seem to get fixed.  I wish that they would add "this one" to their knowledge base.

Contributor
Jayman73

Any insight on this? Or just keep calling til they get it right?

New Visitor
Cristis0

lfl wrote:

Same here.  New to voice.  It has been a real pain getting the voice mail to show up when I log in.  No caller id on TV or PC.

I have had comcast for 8 months and I am still learning. I use AOL so I don't log on much to XFINITY, however if you do go log in, they explain everything. In order for the caller ID to work on computer, you will fist have to down load it. When I did, I had trouble at first and then it started working. As far as the TV, you have to tell the TV to display it. Menu>(and I couldn't find it!) LOL.It works on mine but it only shows up for 2 seconds and I just tried to go change the settings but couldn't find it under settings. It is there though and it works if you can figure out how to tell it to work. As I was saying above, if I made my home page XFINITY, it would be smart because you just log on and you can listen to your voice mail via the computer. Plus all of your call records. I will just be happy when I figure out why I have 3 DVR's if 1 is an any room DVR. That and understanding the DVR settings will make XFINITY much more user friendly. I wasn't much help here. If I get a chance, I will post the exact procedure for your caller ID to work. You can call comcast, but you will hold with horrible music for up to 30 minutes. Good Luck

New Visitor
karend55

Did you try going to the main menu and go into interactive tv and make sure it shows it is on? I just had to do that and it did show it was on but after i got out of it and checked it is working now.

Contributor
Jayman73

Yes I played with the settings, turned it on and off several times, also turned on and off snooze, still does not work.

New Visitor
pucha

When the technician came from Comcast he said we would see who the caller  is no our tv.  We do not.  What do I have to do to get it working.   Thanks.

Contributor
Jayman73

pucha wrote:

When the technician came from Comcast he said we would see who the caller  is no our tv.  We do not.  What do I have to do to get it working.   Thanks.

Looks like we have to keep calling Customer service until we find someone who knows how to fix it. I will call for the 3rd time later today.

Contributor
Jayman73

Just spoke to a CSR. This is what i got.

Jose: Here is what we can do.

Jose: Normally issues such as this happens when the service has been through a disconnection. The provisioning or the profile for the digital phone service will be suspended due to temporary service interruption.

Jose: In order to fix the issue, I have to re add the feature to provision, and for the feature to work again.

Jose: This process will take 24 hours.

Jose: After 24 hours, the feature will be provisioned, and the feature will work again.

Jose: Provisioning means that the feature will be activated again since the service went on a temporary interruption.

We will see.

Contributor
Jayman73

It's been longer than 24hrs and it's still not working. What now?

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Visitor

itv - caller id stopped working

My caller id does not show up on my tv anymore for some reason. I checked the menu and verified it was turned on. I tried turning it off, then back on, I tried changing the snooze setting to 30 minutes instead of 1 hour. I tried unplugging the Motorola DCT700 then plugging back in. All with no help. Anyone have any other ideas? I have a feeling it is going to take a Comcast re-boot to solve this.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
dwcole

add me to the list of those whose caller i-d is not functioning on the t-v.  I've rebooted, checked the settings...no luck.  This has bee going on for a couple of days.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Contributor
Jayman73

Sent you back a message. It's still not working.

Contributor
Jayman73

hmmmmmm?

New Visitor
wdelgado01

My caller ID is no longer working on the TV it worked 3 times than stopped working. We have already unplugged and turned off the TV and phone. We have also checked the settings and everything is turned on and ok. What is the problem? Do we need to call the customer service? :smileyconfused:

Visitor
Visitor

Our caller ID is not working on our tv for the last few days either.Same question, do we need to call customer service? or can this be taken care of without that? Seems to be a problem for quite a few people lately. kjz

Regular Contributor

add me as well.....not on TV or on computer.....

New Visitor
design-team

my caller id hasnt worked on my tv for about 30 days now

New Visitor

same here

New Visitor
Cinderellacmb

My iTV and caller ID stopped working, too.  I can't access the icon on the DVR menu either.  I called Comcast and a "signal" was sent.  It could take 24 to 48 hours.  I wonder why it takes so long?   Still waiting :smileysad:

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

If the ITV on the menu is missing, powercycling the DVR many times fixes it.  Unplug the AC power for 2 minutes, then power it up and test in 1 hour after all the apps fully reload.

New Visitor
lonkey99

caller ID

Caller ID on TV stopped working.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: caller ID

try unplugging your box to reset. if that does not work make sure its turned on in the box menu.

New Visitor
csheffield

Re: Caller ID not showing up on TV

im having the same problem and i checked all setups under itv and caller ID, it was all working before and now its not.. i wonder what happened

Contributor
LaunchPad11

[ Edited ]

I am having this same problem - no Caller ID on my TV screen anymore, but it used to work.

I had a technician out a few days ago and he replaced my modem and told me to wait 24 hours, but there has been no change. Yes, both the tech and I did check the menu settings, and the Caller ID service is on.

I am sorry to say that it seems like they often just don't know what to do when things are not working as expected.  

New Visitor

LaunchPad11 wrote:

I am having this same problem - no Caller ID on my TV screen anymore, but it used to work.

I had a technician out a few days ago and he replaced my modem and told me to wait 24 hours, but there has been no change. Yes, both the tech and I did check the menu settings, and the Caller ID service is on.

I am sorry to say that it seems like they often just don't know what to do when things are not working as expected.  

Contributor

In our case, the iTV icon is there, but the iTV screen doesn't come up when the icon is selected.  Our callerID has worked just fine for months, until today.

Bronze Problem Solver

No Caller ID on TV- National Outage?

[ Edited ]

I lost my on TV caller ID and when I called in last night and today I was told that there was a national outage with most of the problems in the Midwest and that Comcast engineering was working on the problem. I live in the Chicagoland Area.

Regular Visitor

Re: No Caller ID on TV- National Outage?

Same problem San Francisco area 25 May 2012 - Caller ID not displayed on TV

New Visitor
77jross

Stopped working yesterday in (Rochester/Bridgewater/Beaver) Pennsylvania.

Contributor

Stopped on May 24 Portland, Oregon.

New Visitor

Universal Caller ID

[ Edited ]

Caller ID not working in Jax, FL.

Contributor
1dopebloke

My caller id shows up on pc but not tv. And ive called comcast 3 times complaining about that box that keeps popping up on my pc. So annoying that u must dissconnect it. It takes priority over everything running on the pc, even movies n then i gotta close the window n maximize screen again...n again...n again! But i dont have any other choices other than Comcast. I deserve better service for $139 a month!
New Visitor

Caller ID is not showing up on TV - remote will not go into the system to correct it.  Help

Contributor
1dopebloke

I just got it working somehow on my tv again without having to call them but still get that stupid connect box popup on my pc. I guess i will just leave disconnected on my pc until i hear this problem is fixed. Good luck every1
Regular Visitor

A little more background.

I'm in the San Francisco area

For about more than a week - Checking the Comcast Menu - ITV (Where Caller ID for TV is turned On or Off), the TV screen would display at the bottom "Loading" for about 1 min, then display a message that the Caller ID for TV was not available, with an error code.

Yesterday, 24 May 2012, Checking the Comcast Menu - ITV - (the normal display to turn On or Off). 

Still no Caller ID displayed when receiving a phone call.

Intresting enough, at my computer using Caller ID for PC, it displays a message on my computer screen when a phone call is detected.

New Visitor
Anniewang

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

Cannot re program caller ID to work again

Regular Visitor

No caller ID displaying on TV.

No caller ID displaying.

New Visitor

Mine has been out for a few days. Can not get it to come up at all on the screen to see if I can turn it on or off. what can I do? Kent, Wa.

Bronze Problem Solver

It seems as though the National Outage is happening for the on screen caller ID for TV. Would a Comcast Administrator like to respond to the problem and let us know what is going on???????

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Interactive TV

[ Edited ]

I lost my on TV caller ID and when I called in last night and today I was told that there was a national outage with most of the problems in the Midwest and that Comcast engineering was working on the problem. I live in the Chicagoland Area.

See Caller ID on TV National Outage Thread

New Visitor
beanie01

Re: Interactive TV

same here in baltimore.....i just connected a new laptop to my network with a linksys router and thought that was the issue(until i saw this thread)....

strange.....