etarpy1288

No caller ID on TV

No caller ID on TV in New Jersey

New Visitor

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

check my caller id code?

New Visitor
peh1953

Re: No Caller ID on TV- National Outage?

I also live in the Chicagoland area and lost caller id on my tv Thursday May 24th. When I called nothing was mentioned about a national outage. I was told all my equipment was working properly. Hopefully they fix the problem soon.

New Visitor
lookathr

Same in Zion ,IL no caller I.D since 5/23

Regular Problem Solver

Update--Last night I checked to see if I had the ITV buttons on my menu on all my cable boxes and I did. But when I pushed them nothing happened at all. So on a hunch I rebooted all my cable boxes. About 20-30 min later I when the menu returned I was able to push the ITV buttons and each box came up with the Caller ID turned off so I turned it on on each box. I tried calling myself last night but again the caller ID wasn't working. When I got up this morning and called myself again  lo and behold the caller ID on TV was working. I am not sure if it was the reboot and reset because Comcast had written up a trouble ticket on me. But I can suggest that when you push the ITV button on your menu and nothing happens try rebooting your box and see if your caller ID on screen is working overnight or the next day.

Contributor

No caller ID

We also lost our caller ID a couple of days ago.    Tried all the things listed.  Could not get interactive menu to come up either.  I live in Georgia.  What's going on Comcast?

Regular Problem Solver

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

Update--Last night I checked to see if I had the ITV buttons on my menu on all my cable boxes and I did. But when I pushed them nothing happened at all. So on a hunch I rebooted all my cable boxes. About 20-30 min later I when the menu returned I was able to push the ITV buttons and each box came up with the Caller ID turned off so I turned it on on each box. I tried calling myself last night but again the caller ID wasn't working. When I got up this morning and called myself again  lo and behold the caller ID on TV was working. I am not sure if it was the reboot and reset because Comcast had writte up a trouble ticket on me. But I can suggest that when you push the ITV button on your menu and nothing happens try rebooting your box and see if your caller ID on screen is working overnight or the next day.

Regular Problem Solver

Re: No caller ID on TV

[ Edited ]

Update--Last night I checked to see if I had the ITV buttons on my menu on all my cable boxes and I did. But when I pushed them nothing happened at all. So on a hunch I rebooted all my cable boxes. About 20-30 min later I when the menu returned I was able to push the ITV buttons and each box came up with the Caller ID turned off so I turned it on on each box. I tried calling myself last night but again the caller ID wasn't working. When I got up this morning and called myself again  lo and behold the caller ID on TV was working. I am not sure if it was the reboot and reset because Comcast had written up a trouble ticket on me. But I can suggest that when you push the ITV button on your menu and nothing happens try rebooting your box and see if your caller ID on screen is working overnight or the next day.

Contributor

When is Comcast going to respond to this thread?

New Visitor
nan1930jax

Re: No caller ID

I cannot get caller ID on my computer or the TV screen  I have tried everything i know to do. Can you help?

New Visitor
nan1930jax

Re: No caller ID

[ Edited ]

Regular Contributor

Re: Universal Caller ID

It has been very erratic in the Pittsburgh area on the computer for weeks now. Ever since a Comcast Upgrade. Now it has stopped working on at least one of our TV's.  The one we watch most often.  When I go to the ITV Menu option, nothing comes up to turn it on or off.  The Caller ID problem is apparently getting worse.  I have had to turn it back on some 3 or 4 times today alone on our computer. This has already been reported on the Forum along with other users.

New Visitor
carolee1

Re: Problems with Xfinity

I have lost tv id for my phone.

New Visitor
Triggsatlast

iTV caller ID

My caller id is not working. When I go to the menu a choose Interactive TV, nothing comes up at all. We have not had any new features added either.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: iTV caller ID

Hello,

1. Has it ever been working before?

2. Do you have the xfinity triple play?

3. Do you have a pace of motorola set top box?

If yes to all the above then you should call 1-800 xfinity or 1-800 comcast and ask them to check if the have the correct ucid code on your account.

Regular Contributor

Re: TV caller ID

[ Edited ]

My caller id is no longer working also.  Same problem when clicking on interactive TV.

EDIT:  Customer service is aware of the problem.  They told me all 50 states are affected.  Problem started around may 25th and they are working on it.  No official time to be restored.

New Visitor

I'm having the same problem with my Caller ID and iTV.

Visitor

My caller id is not working. When I go to the menu a choose Interactive TV, nothing comes up at all. We have not had any new features added either.

New Visitor
jmml

caller id

We used to be able to see who was calling on our tv. The caller id is no longer working and I can't figure out how to reset it. Where do I go to turn it back on?

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: caller id

Hello,

Why dont you call 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity and ask them you pay them ask them to fix it.

New Visitor
swall56

caller ID

Caller ID stopped showing up on my television screen, does anyone know why?

New Visitor
jomot3

Re: caller ID

Yeah Mine hasnt worked since we got Comcast installed 3 weeks ago....anyone ideas?

Contributor

Caller ID issues

Among other issues, I was finally able to download and install Universal Caller ID on my PC a few days ago. However, it's not working. I tried it calling my home phone from my cell and nothing, zip, nadda. Really? And apparently it's not on my TV either and it looks like I have the correct HD/DVR box for it.

If anyone has a clue that could help please let me know.

Many thanks!

New Visitor

My interactive TV is not working

MY interactive Tv has not worked for a few days now. I noticed the caller ID on the TV a few day ago I went to my remote and stared it again it worked for a day.

Now I go to Itv and it does nothing at all, what is the problem and how soon can it be fixed?

Visitor
brodgers250250

Re: My interactive TV is not working

PapaAADave wrote:

MY interactive Tv has not worked for a few days now. I noticed the caller ID on the TV a few day ago I went to my remote and stared it again it worked for a day.

Now I go to Itv and it does nothing at all, what is the problem and how soon can it be fixed?

Regular Contributor

I have the same problem. Mines stopped working yesterday evening on the TV. I can't get the interactive screen to come up either. Now, the caller ID on TV is not working as well as the PC ID not working.  Just great!

New Visitor
Coalcracker1

My interactive tv isn't working either. Went to show my neighbor and nothing.

New Visitor
billfleis

My interactive tv is not working.I no longer see who is calling me on the screen,but can see who is calling on my phones.What is the problem? Thank YOU.

New Visitor
Cos54

Caller ID not showing on TV screen

Caller ID is not showing on TV screen when we get an incoming call.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Caller ID not showing on TV screen

make sure you have it enabled in the box menu.  if it is call comcast

Contributor

My Caller ID isn't coming up on the TV screen anymore and the Interactive TV section in Menu (where I could select it) isn't working either. I'm in Richmond, VA.

New Visitor
Captainjohncham

Caller ID on tv screen

Suddenly our caller ID had weenied out on our tv and decided not to work anymore, any suggestions what to try? Thanks :smileyhappy:
Contributor

Re: Caller ID on tv screen

I have the same issue but only with one cable box. The whole IPTV menu is inop. on one box.

Regular Problem Solver

Re: Caller ID on tv screen

Currently there is a national problem with on screen caller ID. One thing you can try that worked for me is if the ITV icon is inactive reboot, all the cable boxes or DVRs that have the inactive ITV Icon. When the menu reappears go back to the ITV icon and it should be working. Make sure the caller ID on screen is turned on,then call your home phone to set the boxes,, at this point the on screen caller ID will still not be working. Wait overnight and try to push the ITV icon again. If you can use the ITV icon the following morning call your home from a different phone line and the caller id will appear on your screen. If the ITV Icon is frozen again then reboot your box and try again. In my house I have multiple cable boxes and anyroon DVR and if any of the boxes or DVR has a non working ITV icon none of the TVs will show caller ID in my home. Good Luck.

Regular Problem Solver

Currently there is a national problem with on screen caller ID. One thing you can try that worked for me is if the ITV icon is inactive reboot, all the cable boxes or DVRs that have the inactive ITV Icon. When the menu reappears go back to the ITV icon and it should be working. Make sure the caller ID on screen is turned on,then call your home phone to set the boxes,, at this point the on screen caller ID will still not be working. Wait overnight and try to push the ITV icon again. If you can use the ITV icon the following morning call your home from a different phone line and the caller id will appear on your screen. If the ITV Icon is frozen again then reboot your box and try again. In my house I have multiple cable boxes and anyroon DVR and if any of the boxes or DVR has a non working ITV icon none of the TVs will show caller ID in my home. Good Luck.

New Visitor
bethette

y isn't my phone number showing up on my t.v. anymore?

Visitor

Telephone Calling Number on TV

I used to see on my tv the number that calling, I am not able to see this now. Any ideas.

New Visitor
rh56

Re: Telephone Calling Number on TV

Ourcaller id on the tv's has been out since the cable went out on or about the 23rd of May as well. This Easy Solve isn't so easy or doesn't seem to solve very well either...

Visitor

caller id

caller id no longer shows up on my tv

Contributor
1dopebloke

Its a nationwide problem! Im from Philly n it doesnt work. I rely on tv for caller id since i must disconnect it on my pc cause the sign in box pops up every two minutes n minimizes everything. Even movies!!! Its really messed up that we arent getting a service we pay for. They should give like a $5 refund, its not money, just principle. But i know Comcast would never do that. They are all about the dollar n the people who u call about these situations have NO CLUE! Please Comcast get some qualified people so we can get this straightened out!. Not to mention just censoring me for saying h e double hockey sticks. It amazes me n not in a good way.
New Visitor
mzaccari

No caller ID on TV screen.

Visitor
bogaseme

Interactive tv

Hello My Interactive TV is Not working

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Interactive tv

Hello,

1. Has it ever worked before?

2. Do you have xfinity/comcast triple play?

3. Do you have a motorola or pace set top box?

4. What have you tried to fiix the problem?

5. Have you reset your set top box?

6. Have you called comcast/xfinity  and if so what have they done or told you to do?

7. Have you done a search in the forum and read other post where customers had problems and found

any solutions.that are similar to yours.

New Visitor
ksignor117

my itv and caller id  both are not working. Started yesterday,called comcast. they told me to go to itv and turn caller id on. I did that. It worked for 6 hours and now  not working again,when i go to menu itv shows up but nothing happens when i push button.... Comcast sucks anymore. really getting discussed with thier services. Its always something new every week that goes wrong with some sort of my services.  I think they should give us ALL a refund for all the inconvenience they cause us.

Contributor
1dopebloke

To reasd
Hello,
obviously we havent just complained on here n have went thru the proper channels n have had no resolution! And of course its worked before, thats how we know its not working. And there is no resolution to this...yet or a fix to the caller id sign in box popping up every two minutes n minimizing everything on screen. Are u here to help or just get smart by saying hello?
Official Employee
ComcastVic

We are investigating customer's reported difficulties with certain EBIF video applications on Comcast set-top boxes, including Caller ID on the TV and interactive advertisements. Comcast engineering and operations teams are looking into this now.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Official Employee
ComcastVic

Re: caller ID

We are investigating customer's reported difficulties with certain EBIF video applications on Comcast set-top boxes, including Caller ID on the TV and interactive advertisements. Comcast engineering and operations teams are looking into this now.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
Official Employee
ComcastVic

Re: Caller ID not showing up on TV

Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
RevRuss28

Universal Caller ID

I have recently reinstalled UniversalCaller ID on my PC, but calls are not being shown on my IV.  I have Comcast Xfinity phone/tv/internet.  I also have Xfinity Mobile.  What do I need to do to restore the ID announcements on my TV?

Contributor

Re: Caller ID not showing up on TV

It started working again for me today without having to do anything on my part.  Portland, Or