Visitor

Re: Caller ID not showing up on TV

caller id has not been working for a week in New Brighton , PA 15066

New Visitor
martin17

Re: My interactive TV is not working

same here, and also 2 days ago....odd thing is though, it does work on one of the 3 TVs. i tried using the directions for the remote, but the screen doesn't come up when i press OK/Select. it lights up but doesn't show caller-id. sounds like the problem is on their end....too many expriencing the same thing, same time

New Visitor

telephone numbers

why did the telephone numbers from incoming calls stop showing up on our TV?

Contributor

cannot access interactive tv. Nothing happens when selected in menu?

Please advise.  Thank You.  John

New Visitor
pab1941

Re: Caller id is not showing up on TV.

My caller ID is not showing up on TV and I lost the time on the box when my TV froze and comcast rebooted their end.  The TV came back on but no caller ID or time.  I called them back and all he would say if it doesn't come back over night it probably won't, well it didn't and he was not a bit useful, if he can't figure it out how can I?

New Visitor
lindeterry

caller id not working on tv

my caller id on the tv recently stopped working.  how do I get this working again

New Visitor
patmiller39

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying names of persons using cell phones

my caller is not displaying incoming calls on the tv.

New Visitor
grammysammy51

Caller ID on tv

I have had caller ID on my tv and recently the rate increased, I spoke to a rep.and they gave me my same service at my price I had been paying, now I have no caller ID on my tv, I've tried everything and nothing works, did a live chat and she couldn't help either. I can see that there are many who have this same issue, I would like mine resolved, calling on the landline in the morning to see if they can fix it on their end.

Visitor

Re: itv - caller id stopped working

That's the problem we're having. What's funny is that the tv in the den shows the caller id, but the other 3 tv's do not!

New Visitor

Caller ID not showing up on the tv. Hasn't worked for weeks and comcast just has a recording saying they know there are issues. No resolution obviously coming anytime soon

Contributor

Re: Caller ID on tv screen

After makeing this post, I find out NOW that we don't have caller ID anywhere! Not on the tv's or the PC. When I connect on the PC, there is a message that says "service not available at this time. Please try again later". When I try again later, it shows as logged in but, when the phone rings, nothing happens on the PC or on the cable boxes.

New Visitor

I'm in the same boat with caller id not working on any of the tvs.  But what is stranger is that when selecting interactive tv on the menu nothing happens.

Contributor
laybackman

My caller ID quit also!

I have had caller ID for over a year. One day a few weeks back we noticed that the TV did not show the name/number of the incoming caller.

Nothing has been changed... same cable box, same modem, same phone. Nothing has been added. We have had no loss of service.

I checked the ITV settings. Caller ID was ON I switched it OFF and ON again. Snooze was set at 1 hour. I set it to 30 minutes because you can not shut it off.

Caller ID still works on my phone BUT doesn't always announce who it is acording to my address book.

I want to see it on my TV screen like I used to.

I unplugged the incoming cable and also removed power from the cable box for 20 minutes. I also did the same with my modem.

Zip, nothing, NADA

What next?

New Visitor
hwheck

my menu option is listed, but nothing happens when I hit the ITV option, either the quick button, or the one on the main menu - this started a few days ago - still an issue - in Massachusetts -

New Visitor
shimz

Isn't it funny Comcast provides this forum so the effected can complain and still no answers...

New Visitor
gorilla74

Did Comcast ever figure out why you were not getting caller id on your tv. We upgraded 7 days ago and still can't get it. Any assistance would be appreciated.

New Visitor
gorilla74

Anyone know how to get the ITV icon to show up on the Quick Menu?

Contributor
1dopebloke

The even more frustrating thing to me is the sign in box popping up on my laptop every two minutes when its connected. I wind up disconnecting after like the tenth time. They should be honest n say we have no clue instead of saying theyre working on it. Obviously not hard enuff.
Contributor

I just checked DSL Reports, and there's a thread there about the problem: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27180998-Caller-ID-for-Comcast-stopped-working The last post, dated today, says:

"I just called comcast they said they have many people with this problem they believe it was because of an update with their system they will do a hard reset and and it should start working within 24 to 48 hours."

We shall see....

Regular Contributor

hwheck wrote:

my menu option is listed, but nothing happens when I hit the ITV option, either the quick button, or the one on the main menu - this started a few days ago - still an issue - in Massachusetts -

Likewise here in Decatur, IL

New Visitor

Caller ID

C'mon Comcast! Let's get with the program. Caller ID on TV not working for over a week, unable to access Interactive TV for over a week... lay off the email a day and fix what is broken.

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Caller ID

What worked for me...

I noticed my caller ID went out on the TV after a brief interruption of power, I looked in the menu and nothing happened when I pressed itv.

I disconnected the box from the power for a minute or two, no difference. I disconnected the box from the power for a minute or two for a second time, this time the itv screens did appear, I checked the settings, made sure caller ID was on. Caller ID was back with my next call an hour later.....

Sounds flakey, but it worked for me, be aware that after disconnecting  the box from the power, it takes a few hours to repopulate the guide.

Contributor
1dopebloke

Ive unplugged mine atleast five times over the last week n it didnt help so i guess u r one of the very lucky ones.
Bronze Star Contributor

I called Comcast about it today and got the response that it is a "widespread issue that they are aware of and are working on" but "there is no estimate as to when it will be fixed". I also have no caller id on TV and no iTV menu.

Contributor
1dopebloke

Yeah, they said that to me a week ago when i first started posting about this. Now it says unavailable on my pc n says that it will connect at first chance, so i tried to press connect anyway n guess what, it works. So i guess it wouldnt have worked on my pc unless i defied theyre directions. This lack of any help in this matter is horrible n Comcast should be ashamed of itself. Its not like i have other options.
New Visitor
paucho

used easy solve now no caller id on the tv

easy solve optimized my internet now my caller id on the tv don't work. If I try to get the interactive menu up the screen goes back to tv chan. Has anyone had the same thing happen?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: used easy solve now no caller id on the tv

You might want to read about Easy Solve in the Security Forum.  Most Experts are advising to uninstall it.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
3joe

universal caller id

stopped working and will not show up after clicking option iTV?

Visitor

Caller ID on TV

Caller ID on all boxes has only worked intermittently since May 17, 2012. These are the 2 work tickets:

Techs have indicated this is a national issue. They have repeatedly taken me through various steps, but the caller ID on all boxes only works infrequently. I am really tired of disconnecting boxes only to have to wait for them to repopulate the guides with still no caller ID resolution.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regular Problem Solver

Universal Caller ID on TV is Fixed Nationally per Comcast

[ Edited ]

Comcast called me last night with an automated message telling me that the caller ID on the TV screen not working was a national problem and is now fixed . They instructed me to reboot all my cable boxes and wait over night.

My caller ID on TV is working just fine on all my cable boxes now.

Contributor

It started working again for me last night! Thank you!!

New Visitor
patsfan1

My caller ID on my TV is now working. I powered off my cable box, waited about a minute and then powered back on. Now works fine. I'm from Mass.
Contributor
RBys

Caller ID has stopped working on 1 TV, but not the others. It's a pain since the one that stopped working is the living room, where I WANT it working.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Since the large UCID on TV outage is supposed to be repaired, anyone not seeing it on their Motorola cable box should power cycle their box.  Unplug the power for 2 minutes, plug it back in, then test in 30 minutes.

New Visitor
gatest22

ITV button does nothing/No caller ID

Just recently we noticed that we no longer receive Caller ID information.  We have had Comcast for quite some time with no changes to service so not sure what happened.  When I go to ITV (interactive TV) and push the button it just takes me back to the show I was watching as if I pressed exit.  Any ideas?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: ITV button does nothing/No caller ID

Don't know if this will help but another forum thread on what sounds like the same issue you have. Maybe some information there.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/Caller-id-is-not-showing-up-on-TV/td-p/1271881

Bronze Star Contributor

I unplugged my box for two minutes, plugged it back in, and then waited 30 minutes. Now the iTV menu is back, but still no caller id information displays when a call comes in.

Contributor
frustcust469

Same here in illinois
Contributor
frustcust469

Corgi11, I'm also in Chicago area...did yours ever start working? As of today, June 3rd, mine isn't. When I called I was told they are aware of CID not working but didn't know what I was talking about when I said none of the iTV functions work. I finally hung up after being transferred 3 times.
Contributor

Re: Universal Caller ID on TV is Fixed Nationally per Comcast

I'm in Vacaville, Ca. and ours started working today.

New Visitor
denise_wilson_4

need help putting caller id on tv

Regular Problem Solver

[ Edited ]

To:

I Live in the Chicago area and on June 1,2012 Comcast called me  with an automated message telling me that the caller ID on the TV screen not working was a national problem and is now fixed . They instructed me to reboot all my cable boxes and wait over night. and I did.My caller ID on TV is working just fine on all my cable boxes now.

Contributor
JosephKuhn

Re: Caller ID on TV not displaying

My caller id has not worked in a week, either on tv or computer, and a new Voice mail has been added to my Comcast.  Certainly liked the old one better.  Can I get my old Caller id back.  Right now, any Caller id so I know if it is a solicitor calling.  Waste of precious time.

Contributor

Caller ID not working on TV in Michigan either. Hasn't worked in a week now.

Official Employee
ComcastVic

This process could take a couple of days after the announced fix, please try turning off the box at night for about one minute and then check if it works the next morning.
Thank you
Comcast Vic.
New Visitor
gorilla74

I was told yesterday (Sunday) after approximatley 20 calls to Comcast in 9 days, that the Houston area does not even offer caller id on the tv - only on your phone set.  I wish someone would have told me this during my first call to Comcast. Wish their employees were better trained. They also said it would not be available until next winter.

New Visitor

Caller ID not working on TV

Called last week about Caller ID not working on TV.  Ran the menu, and it still didn't work!  I have 3 boxes, and only works on one, yet has worked on all 3 previously.  Spoke to a rep, and told it would be corrected.....still waiting??

Bronze Star Contributor

It's working again here in Philadelphia PA :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
bosstom

onscreen display of incoming calls

we tried once before to inquire and get re-setup to have telephone number display on screen for incoming calls - but service was not restored

so here we go again - hard to ever get through this big company

how do we restore the onscreen display of incoming calls

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: onscreen display of incoming calls

are you talking about on your pc or on your tv?