Contributor
dscottl

Caller id not working on pc

I have digital voice and internet and the xfinity caller is app. does not work on my pc.I have been in touch with support and they tell me to uninstall then reinstall the xfinity caller id app. I did  and it still does not work.I am reading the comments regarding the same issue and it seems comcast /xfinity does not have a answer. :smileysad:

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Caller id not working on pc

Hello,

Yes, you are correct the caller id software on the pc has always had problems. When it comes to comcast software they are always problems and they always say that it will be fixed in the next version.

Contributor
dscottl

I just got off the phone with support and of course they are no help.So what do they do ? They put in a work order ticket to pass the problem on to someone else.I had service for a week now with comcast. Was it a mistake ?

New Visitor
lajoca48

I made two calls this AM about my caller ID log-in continually failing.

The first agent didn't seem to understand the problem, but told me I should reset my password. When I refused, he hung up on me!

The next call got a more cooperative agent,Rose,who coordinated with a technical area that said it is a system problem that may take 72 hours to fix!

A ticket number was provided for future reference if needed.

New Visitor
mrenn410

I've been dealing with this problem for almost a year now!!! It still isn't fixed! i have never been able to fully use the Caller Id I am subscribed to.

New Visitor
OdieNg

Do Comcast and/or Xfinity authority read these msgs from their customers ?

Anyway, I have the same problem , called for help and they said it will be working in within 24Hrs !

......and now , a week later it is still not working .

What is next ?

Contributor
dscottl

Same here,I told them that is not just me with this problem.They said they are looking into it.I am not going to hold my breath waiting on a fix.

Visitor

Re: Caller id still not working on pc

You're right--don't hold your breath for a solution from Comcast/Xfinity.  I thought I had solved the problem of caller id not working on pc for 6 months from February to August of this year.  Worked kinda ok intermittently from August 23 to about Oct 14 when I updated my Adobe Air.  Bad idea.  Not working again.  I'm not even going to call this time since no one ever had a solution--I just happened to download with the Adobe Air Installer 3.4.0.2270 that happened to work with Windows Vista but then (stupidly?) updated.  Don't know what the new version is--it's called Adobe Air 3.4 for Windows 32 but it doesn't work. Tried unstalling/installing several times.  Can't understand how such a high tech company can highly promote a product that doesn't work.

New Visitor
lajoca48

Regular Visitor

[ Edited ]

the caller i d will work some tines and not most of the time  

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

TK

If that's your phone number, please edit your post to remove it on this public forum.

There's a long history of the UCID on PC not working properly for more than 6 months.  Comcast has not responded to getting it working.  Most have given up on it.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Click OPTIONS in your post. Choose Edit Reply. REMOVE the number.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
nannybird19

I agree with everyone that has posted.....I have had this problem for 6 months...they keep handing it over to someone else...it is ridiculous......

Contributor
dscottl

I received a phone call from a tech yesterday and he told me he made the necessary changes in the system on there end and that it would be working today and he would call me back today.Guess what, its still not working and no phone call.

Regular Contributor

I received a call about a month ago saying there would be a reply with status on November 3rd.  Guess what?  No reply, not even to say there is no fix yet.

Contributor

Add me to the list. Caller ID worked sometimes on my pc. Now not at all. No help from Comcast support

Regular Visitor

when is comcast going to do something about this problem

Contributor

I'm a Triple Comcast customer.  I've tried using the UCID for PC the last few days.  It seems to connect much quicker, and it worked properly when someone called.  It just doesn't seem to be able to stay connected for very long.

Prior to November of 2011, UCID worked fine.  I hardly ever saw it off-line.  When I returned from a trip in Feb 2012, the UCID either couldn't connect, or took forever to do so.  If it did connect, it would start logging itself in and out about every 6 minutes, and then eventually disconnect.  Eventually it got to the point where if the phone rang while it was up, it didn't work.  So I just turned it off.

I heard that in October they were supposed to come out with a major fix so I figured I'd give it a shot, because caller ID is nice to have when it works.

Seems to me they should just go back to whatever version they had that actually worked.

New Visitor
nannybird19

I'm a triple comcast user also, my called id hasn't worked since May, have called 12 or so times,,,they have bme on the phone 20 minutes or more, it really is discusting...

Contributor

Whenever I have called customer support, the only advice they have ever given is to de-install both Adobe Air and UCID, then download and re-install both.  Apparently, if an update is made to Adobe Air, you just can't update Adobe Air.  I've been told you always need to de-install and re-install both programs.  I'm not a programmer by profession, but it seems to me if that's what you need to do to make the UCID work, then it probably wasn't written too well.

All I know is that prior to November of last year, UCID worked great.  If I left my computer on for a week, the UCID stayed connected for a week.  It was rare for me to find it disconnected.  Not any more.

Visitor

I'm in the same (sinking) boat here - Installed Comcast's Caller ID for PC and haven't identified one call yet!  I just want to confirm that you do NOT need to have your phone line running into the PC (i.e. through a modem).  The caller ID information will come over the ethernet from my Comcast Telephony modem.  Correct?  I recently purchased a new PC that didn't come with a modem.  On my old PC, I had the phone line running into the PC and utilized the Windows Fax/Scan program to provide me with the Caller ID info but since I no longer have a modem in the PC I can't get the caller ID that way.

Contributor

Finally got Caller ID to work on the PC. I uninstalled the program from the control panel. Then I updated AIR to

v3.5 and then re-installed Caller ID. This was done yesterday and it is still working! Maybe there is hope.

Nothing else worked since my post on 11/05. The least helpful was Comcast Support.

New Visitor
SeattleSunshine

Hasn't worked on my computer for 6 months either, with no resolution from Comcast.  Where's their follow-thru?????

Contributor
dscottl

Still not working on my end.No follow up and no fix.From what I have been reading there will not be a fix in the near future as this is is on the bottom of there to-do list.Comcast offers a product  and won"t stand behind it .

New Visitor
mildredcimino

Don't believe.  I've been told the same thing twice this week.  The third time, I was hung up on.

New Visitor
cwgetler

it works some times but not all the time

Contributor

Since my post of 11/27 with the solution I found, it has been working just fine.

Visitor

Re: Caller id still not working on pc

December 2012 update on situation:  A Comcast technician (higher level) informed me that they are having problems with pc caller id on Vista and XP; no timeline for solution available.

New Visitor
richtech96

i am still experiencing problems in 2013, ive tried to install this feature a few times and with no luck what so ever. i have adobe air installed already and yet still receive an error code. never seems to work at all on my computer running win7x64bit

Contributor
dscottl

Don't feel bad everyone.My caller id is still not working either  :smileycry:

New Visitor

caller id is not working on pc

Contributor
dscottl

After months my caller id still does not work on my pc.And while we on the subject of caller id.The id displayed on my house phone (which is thru comcast) displays the wrong callers name.

Contributor
svette80

Phone call received pop up

Have phone and inet with Comcast. Use to be when a phone call was received the phone number that was calling would pop up on the PC and be displayed. This stopped several months ago. Was this service cancelled or is there a setting thats needs to be set ?? Have checked preferences and my accounts and have not found one.

Contributor
svette80

Re: Phone call received pop up

For what its worth. gald to see that I am not the only one with the issue and finds that Comcast has a issue with maintain and fixing broken issues as well as the inability to realize the we the customers who pay their salaries can't even get answers to these issues or timely resolution.

I MIGHT SUGGEST AS I HAVE BEEN DOING IS REPORTING THESE IOSSUES THRU THE CONTACT TA TO RICK GERMANO'S GROUP...I AM SUE IF THEY GET ENOGH COMPLAINTS SOMETHING MIGHT HAPPEN AND CHANGE !!!

New Visitor
zxcvbn02

Please let me know what your solution was to the problem of Caller ID not on your PC.  Maybe your solution will work for me.  Thank you.

Contributor

For what it is worth, Comcast Caller ID continues to work on my laptop PC since I posted a solution I used on 11/27/12. My OS is Windows 7.

Uninstall both Adobe Air and Comcast Caller ID from the control panel. Install Adobe Air v3.5 and then re-install Comcast Caller ID.

Contributor
dscottl

Your are one of the lucky ones.I uninstalled and reinstalled and still not working.About once a month I get a call from support asking me if it is working yet .I tell them no .They tell me thank you and will keep in touch.Even the caller id on the house phone displays the wrong names that go with the number.Comcast can't figure that on out either.

Contributor

Sorry. At least you made a new friend who calls monthly.

New Visitor
LadyZen

Wow. After reading all the wonderful posts about the Xfinity Caller ID on your PC thingy - I wonder if mine will ever work...? Just added the digital voice to my service. Thought this PC deal was pretty cool. However, it logs me and when I test it (calling in from another phone line) Nada. Zip. Zilch. Have they fixed this yet? Just thought I'd ask...

Visitor
lapey

I was on the phone for 3 hours yesterday about my universal caller ID not working and I don`t know what to do and it seems like comcast doesn`t know either. I wish this problem would get fixed. I am paying for it and it should work. It wants me to download and I try that and it won`t let me download either. 

Contributor
svette80

Fix it !! Are you dreaming I still issues broken from over a year ago and they have not done a thing about it ! All Comcast concern is getting their $. Right now I am deducting amounts off my bill till they deliver the services that are offered in thier bill !! Enough of us to this then maybe they go fix what's broken !!

New Visitor
LadyZen

Re: Caller id not working on pc OR TV

Well, just like hundreds of other Comcast customers, I have been promised everything with absolutely NO satisfaction or results of any kind. "Oh you don't have that programmed on your account. Let us get that programmed for you, and it will take 24 to 48 hours." I have made at LEAST half a dozen calls to Tech Support about this issue. How many times does it take to get this 'feature' programmed in your account??!! I have given up. It just doesn't matter anymore. I sit here and wonder though - if this is supposed to be one of the 'cool' features of having Comcast Digital Voice - why does it not work for SO many people? It's an anomaly. Why don't they just remove it altogether? W-T-F.

New Visitor
LadyZen

BTW - I have done the 'uninstall-reinstall' thing several times with both Adobe Air and the Comcast software for CID. Still not working. I have even reformatted my HD reinstalling Win7 and the whole nine yards. What gives??

Contributor
dscottl

My caller id is still not working on my pc after 6 months.I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times along with adobe air and comcast is still scratching their head.

New Visitor
dogwheat

I bet if enough people ask for credit for this problem, they will get right on it. this is from their Comcast guarentee "

We will resolve routine issues in one visit or we'll credit you $20 or give you a free premium channel for three months.

After the first visit to your home, if we do not satisfactorily complete installation or can’t resolve a routine issue, we will credit you $20 or give you a free premium channel for three months. Additionally, we won’t charge you for a service visit that results from a Comcast equipment or network problem.

Contributor
svette80

Of course they are scratching thier heads...Rather than get the right  people on the issue, they will continue to jerk you around until you complain loud enough then finally they get you a knowledgeable tech, who can help !!

Contributor
svette80

Like a lot of the features that Comcast offers, in order to maintain over-pricing, they offer great features but don't care if they work or not !!!! Guaranty thier new home security feature falls into the same scenerio, but they got to introduce new produts, even thought they can't support the old !!!

New Visitor
rogan1712

caller id not working on my pc its been over a month