New Visitor
LinLaug

Can't block call from 000-000-0000

I keep getting calls that show on Caller ID as "NAME UNAVAILABLE" with a phone number of 000-000-0000.  I've tried blocking this in the past, but Comcast doesn't recognize it as a valid number.  If that's the case, then they should automatically block the number!  Either they should do it or let me.  I'm tired of this number calling & bugging me!  Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Can't block call from 000-000-0000

when they call answer the call as fast as possible and hope you were the first to pick up as its a robo dial, now you wont hear anytihing until the computer releases the line to you.  When whatever agent comes on ask them to be put on the do not call list.   Also make sure you are on the national do not call list at donotcall.gov

You need to be proactive and answer these calls and tell them not to call you and it will work.

New Visitor
LinLaug

I AM on the do not call list, but it doesn't seem to matter.  In a perfect world, your solution would work, but I've tried that before and people have gotten very rude about it, or I continued to get calls.  In addition, with someone intentionally making their phone number appear as all zeroes, I don't believe that it is a legitimate company that is going to CARE about whether I'm on a do not call list of place me on one by me asking.  If they're taking pains to disguise their name & number, I can only think SCAM and I have heard that many times these calls are made to determine whether the number they've called is valid and then they sell it to other companies.  Still looking for a way to block them.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

trun on anonymous call rejection.  That way anyone who does not show a phone number gets a message stating that you don't accept those kinds of calls. 

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/phone/rejecting-anonymous-calls/

New Visitor
LinLaug

I do have "Block all anonymous calls" checked, but this one still gets through.

New Visitor
mgcc6613

Its nothing good don't asnwer. I complained to Comcast and they said they would block it but they did not block it and the calls are still coming through. It is scam artists for India claiming to be Comcast and Microsoft Tech support claiming to help you with computer virus issues. Istead they try to gain access to your computer to steel your bank accounts.

Regular Contributor
pudwinker

Get a Call Blocker it's a $100 on Amazon or other blocker out there and you won't have this problem.

The blocker will block all "spoofed numbers", unknown, out of area, that are blocked automatically, and up to 80 numbers. All the numbers that Comcast won't block.

I get a least 3 to 8 calls a day the the blocker blocks and I don't know it till I look at the blocker screen.

Check it out for peace of mind.

New Visitor

Yes! Ive gotten 3 calls today from this number. If i answer they hang up if I dont answer no message left. Tired of it

Contributor

Listen up Comcast! 

Call screening for specific numbers is useless against spams and scams. Even if 12 numbers was enough, it won't work because the scammers keep changing their numbers. 

I get several scam phone calls a day. "Do not call" is a joke to these people because, Hello!, they are crooks! The FTC laws work to keep honest businesses in line, but in this regard it is spineless and toothless.

The entities that have the power to do something about these calls are the ISPs and phone service providers. Since Comcast is a big player in both arenas, Comcast can do something about this. It's pretty easy to implement software that blocks these scams. Most of the numbers are obviously bogus. Even the ones that look honest have the same handful of recorded messages, so they can easily identified.

Comcast, if you care about your customers, do something about this. If you don't care about your customers, as you obviously do not, another company that does care about customers will take over your space. As soon as I see an alternative that works, I'm moving.

Or, wait a minute: is it that the scammers are such good customers Comcast doesn't want to alienate them?

Contributor
LoveZCatZ

SOMETHING MUST be done about calls from the number 000-000-0000!  I've gotten several calls recently, where they hang up on the machine or hang up on me when I pick up.  I wonder what is the point of their calling at all, just to do this!  It's nothing but harassment!  Yet there's nothing that can be done about it?

A quick Google shows there are plenty of others having this problem too.  I answered a call the other night and was addressed by my first name:  "Hello, Miss X." which lead me to believe it was someone who knows me, then she went into her selling rant and I cut her off:  "Oh no, you are not allowed to call me, using a fake number, then address me by my first name, as if you're a friend, just to try to sell me something!"  She mumbled something about me being an a'hole, then hung up.

See now?  If I can't report this rude employee, or their company, because there's no number showing for them on the caller ID or ANYWHERE, then what am I supposed to do?  Just take it?  

This is why YOU MUST block the number 000-000-0000 OR find another solution to stop it from happening to YOUR customers!  I am capable of ignoring the phone calls, but there are plenty of others - especially the elderly, who will answer their calls and get taken in by these CROOKS!  Please Do Something!

New Visitor
messwiththem

3 calls today from "Unknown caller" at 000-000-0000. When I answer there's no one on the line. Wait a few seconds and you hear a "ping" followed by a computerized female voice saying "Good-bye!"

As far a telemarketers my motto is "Don't get mad, get even!" When they call I'll let them talk their spiel and seem interested. Keep them going for 5-7 minutes or more. When they're ready to "close the deal" give them a big "WELL.....I'm not really interested. I just wanted to waste as much of your time as you seem to think I have to waste on you! Please take my number off your calling list. Have a great day. Good-bye!" and hang up.

But now you should have a name for the company that they work for. If you're lucky you may have even gotten a callback number. Makes filing a complaint so much easier! Stand up for your rights and mess with them!

Contributor

I posted this back in September and it relates to your issue. The number 000-000-0000 is illegally constructed and if Comcast blocked all calls that were not legally constructed, these calls would never come through.

Incoming call blocking/screening suggestions

And I also know that some of the suggestions here are useless. Scammers will not care what the law is, if you have your number on the DNC list, and will never remove your number if you ask! As a matter of fact if you CALL them, then they know that there is a real person behind that number and will most likely add it to a list they in turn sell to other scammers!!! THIS IS A KNOWN FACT!

It is best to NEVER talk to a scammer under any circumstances. If you hear a robocall recordng JUST HANG UP.

New Visitor

Comcast is not going to block these and many other calls because they are paid to connect the call, hense the 12 call block it will cut into there profets so what do you think they are going to do?? DUH!! if they did not get paid they would let you block as many number you want. THANKS COMCAST!! YOUR #1 IN MY BOOK but what to do,by the way the Do not call thing well that is where the aholes are getting the numbers to call

New Visitor

I was able to block the 000-000-0000 on my home phone.  It has a block feature on the phone itself and it accepted it.

I've also blocked some scam numbers by call forwarding.  I forward them to another telemarketer!  ha ha!

New Visitor
studioman53

[ Edited ]

I just got a call from the same 000-000-0000, I usually just let it go to voicemail and no message.  This time I answered and in a whisper, mysterious voice I said "yeah it's done, but there's blood everywhere!" and then I hung up. Don't know if anyone heard me.

New Visitor
studioman53

I have a Panasonic that can block up to 30 numbers. I love it! Comcast digital voice is 12. Guess we don't pay enough for cable, tv and phone.