Official Employee
Accepted Solution

PC Caller ID Update

[ Edited ]

On 3/21/12 we will be making a few improvements to our PC Caller ID alerts client. In addition to a new look and feel, we will also support access for secondary users.

To enable access for a secondary account, the primary user must grant secondary users access to voice features through “My Account”. Click here for step by step instructions.

Get Caller ID alerts on your PC

Learn more about Caller ID on your PC

New Visitor
jacobrb2

Re: PC Caller ID Update

[ Edited ]

How exactly does one go about doing that?

New Visitor
tandyteelu

The update on my PC keeps saying an error has occurred, and it will not close.  The Update will not go off my screen and is very annoying.

New Visitor
warrenww

cannot update. message says that the installer has been mis-configured.

New Visitor
warrenww

you can only minimize it. annoying huh?

Contributor

Chat support was no help, they said to re-install from their site but Adobe Air still throws the same error.

Contributor
jdmcc

[ Edited ]

I had to change the log on user  from the one I have used for a couple of years to the primary account and it works fine.

Contributor

You must be talking about the Comcast account not Windows? whichever doesn't matter in my case I am the only user (admin) of Windows and the only account for Comcast, so there is no alternative logon user.

Regular Visitor
ketabug0

I can not delete the update from my main screen.

Contributor
jdmcc

I wish they would do away with the nagging dialog box which must be manually closed everytime you boot up/  Let all functions be controlled from the system tray icon

Regular Contributor

Same here, also getting the message-----unable to upgrade. Something is mis-configured in the installer???? Adobe-air----

I have windows vista.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

To enable access for a secondary account, the primary user must grant secondary users access to voice features through “My Account”.

How exactly does one go about doing that?

In My Account select a secondary account from the drop-down box. Once it loads there are option links for the account. Choose to change account type. There will be a choice to allow access to voice messages or make it unrestricted and also choose billing access. Save your update and and then OK the privacy statement that pops up with account access changes.

Regular Contributor

I did that and still getting same message……

Contributor

GOT IT!!

Go to Task Manager (right click the Task Bar at bottom of screen) and select the Processes tab. Find Comcast Caller ID.exe and select it and end the process. This will shut down Caller ID and remove the nag box.

Now go to Control Panel and select where you would add/remove programs and remove Comcast Caller ID and then remove Adobe Air. If you have other Adobe programs that need Adobe Air you will get a warning. Click OK because you will be re-installing it.

Re-boot your pc, so you will need to come back to the forum or print this out.

Go to this link and re-install Caller ID, Adobe Air will automatically be re-installed.

http://xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/

You should see the new look of the Logon box for Caller ID.

Visitor

same problem here

New Visitor
GrandpaAl9

I REALLY wish the IT guys would test this stuff on some non-geek person like me, on a HOME computer.  Then glitches like this would be found, BEFORE they tick off every customer who uses them.  Some folks would call that "Customer Service".

New Visitor
GrandpaAl9

Thanks namelgof!  The fix works.

New Visitor
radar559

[ Edited ]

You DO NOT need to uninstall Adobe AIR!!!  Only uninstall the Comcast Universal CallerID application.   The rest of the directions are correct.  Here they are for both Windows 7 and Vista.

Step 1:  Right click the Universal CallerID program Icon in the system tray at the bottom right side of the screen, and select quit to shut down the Comcast Application.

Step 2:  Uninstall the Comcast Universal CallerID application from the (Vista is Add/Remove Programs) Programs and Features control panel if you are using Windows 7.

Step 3:  Restart your computer

Step 4: Goto http://xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/ and download the new application and install it.

Should work just fine.

Official Employee

See the FAQ below on how to enable secondary accounts access to voice features.

http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/grant-voice-access-to-secondary-accounts-in-xf...

New Visitor
guburg

I am haveing Issues with the new update not staying logged in. After about 15-30 min the program disconnects me giving me error messages like" you have been disconnected. I have to manually click Connect again to sign back in. this is quite annoying and definately a bug. Please patch fix please!

Recognized Contributor

I was able to update the Caller ID without any issues except that I can't adjust my settings.  I want the Caller ID to 'Launch on Startup' but it won't let me click on the box.

New Visitor
DaveFromDenver

Error Installing Universal Caller ID Update

I am running Windows 7 64 bit.  Old Universal Caller ID worked.  New one gets error message on install saying, "Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I uninstalled Adobe Air, re-downloaded the Caller ID Update file from Comcast.com, rebooted, re-downloaded Adobe Air, tried again and no joy.

Any ideas? 

New Visitor
DaveFromDenver

When can we expect the Windows 7 64-bit version to debut?

New Visitor
jacobrb1

Thank You!

New Visitor
rscott1430

I am getting same thing.  I was seeing it to some degree on previous version but not as bad as this.

Visitor
thomasbrister

My caller ID will not stay logged in.  thomasbrister

Regular Contributor

"Sorry, an error has occurred. The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author."

I uninstalled Adobe Air, re-downloaded the Caller ID Update file from Comcast.com, rebooted, re-downloaded Adobe Air, tried again and no go.

Now what???

Visitor
oldsos

When you update from Comcast web site do not hit install but save the file to your computer. Double click on the downloaded file and it will install.

However, now you are in the same boat as everyone else. It doesn't work.

Hope this somewhat helps.

Contributor
ron302

Hit the "disconnect" button.  Then you can pt an "X" next to "Launch on Startup"  HIt the connect button.

Visitor

My "upgrade" is not working either.  Won't stay connected for more than 2-3 minutes

Recognized Contributor

Since I sent the original post, not only couldn't I get the caller ID to launch on startup but it would not connect at all.  After reading the above posts, I clicked on the launch on startup while it was disconnected and it worked.  After that, I was able to connect.  I won't know if it works for sure until I sign out and back in the next time.  Thanks to everyone who posted!

New Visitor
jkburgoon

CallerID Update

I use a Mac. I was prompted to install a CallerID update today (3/22/12) and, since doing so, the program doesn't work anym more; i.e.,  no banner or sound on Mac when a call comes in. Anyone else experiencing problems with this new update? 

Visitor
Eman318

Will it support Win 7 64 bit yet?

Contributor
mullins5653

Re: CallerID Update

I have Windows 7.  I also got a message to install the new version on my computer but now it's not working.  When calls come in I get a message on the TV but not my computer.  Rebooting didn't help.  It worked before installing the new version.  Anyone have a solution? 

New Visitor
RickLawyer4412

I also have Windows 7 & have the same problem! Just don't know or understand!

New Visitor
jae4106

Xfinity Voice Caller ID

After installing upgrade - sent by Comcast - now unable to log in to Xfinity Voice. Receive following:

Connection Error Service Temporarily Unavailable CIDPC070.

All else working normally.

Contributor
mullins5653

What I didn't mention is that I get a "failed to log in" message.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I have the same problem with staying signed in. Also, the last call I got did not display on my PC screen even though I was logged in. Why is this not working correctly since the upgrade? Was that really necessary? Now I can't sign in at all.

New Visitor
welz22bear

Re: Caller ID Update

I have the same problem, have you gotten any response from Comcast about this problem? Have you contacted them?

New Visitor
anngordon

caller id

Everything was just fine until they decided to upgrade. They say if is ain't broke leave it alone.

Regular Visitor
ketabug0

The problem has been corrected.  Thanks

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Xfinity Voice Caller ID

Hello,

This is basically a customer to customer forums. Your best bet is first call 1-800 comcast or 1-800 xfinity and give them the error code that you receive when using your voice caller id. They may need to check your account or something that only comcast/xfinity can fix.

New Visitor

I am having the same problem as "jkburgoon".  Updated CallerID on a Mac (Snow Leopard).  Your app no longer works.  Had been working just fine prior to this "upgrade" (sic).  Now what?

Visitor

Since the PC Caller ID update, whenever I receive a call the alert sound continues in an infinite loop. The only way I've been able to stop it is to right click the icon in the systray and "quit" the app. Also, the three checkboxes on the "ACCOUNT" tab (remember me, auto-connect at launch, and launch at startup) are disabled, I can't click on them to change selections. Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1. 64 bit.

Official Employee

Hi,

I'm a product manager at Comcast. We're looking in to the issue where customers are being logged out after a few minutes. It would be helpful to us, if anyone can provide us with additional information on this issue.

We would like to collect a bit more information on the machine you are using and a few more pieces of information to help us debug.

Please direct message me if you are willing to provide us with this information.

Thanks,
-Al

Visitor

Sure Al. I would be glad to help
New Visitor

To Comcast Al,

Sure, just e-mail me directly and I'll give you my machine info.

In brief, it's an iMac (2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 running OS 10.6.8 and the latest version of Safari.

New Visitor
guburg

Al,

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and recently just upgraded to the latest version released just this morning. I am still getting Logged out after a few minutes. I had this problem before since the new update to the (black skinned) Comcast universal caller ID program. but since there was a new update this morning i thought it would fix the issue. Just want to inform you that it is still happening...

Regular Contributor

Al

I'm running  Windows 7 Home 64 bit, Intel i7 quad processors.  Since the update of the new universal PC caller ID, I've been having nothing but problems.  Prior to the update I had no problems with the caller ID showing both phone lines when called.  Now, the program keeps logging out every few minutes, and it only shows only one of my phone lines when called.  I've contact customer service and they said that my primary number wasn't attached to the the PC caller ID and claim they fix the problem.  The problems still exist.  Can we down grade to the prior program?

New Visitor
miketex

App refuses to update. message says that the installer has been mis-configured.