Visitor

Re: Caller ID on computer not working

I am having the same problem.Caller id works fine on phone but doesn't work on tv or computer.Have talked several times to support,get the same answer they will send a code to the box .tell me it will take a few minutes.Have waited 24 hrs. still nothing.Went thru all the steps on both computer and tv.

help please     Steve Spurgeon

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Your issue can be escalated, but first confirm you have Motorola set top box or DVR in your home.

Visitor

Yes  i do dcx 3200

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will get the right people to get it fixed. 

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Visitor

Thanks so much,maybe this will fix it.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

I working on this issue for you. Also, have you downloaded the software for your computer at xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
clements81

I have same problem.  Comcast caller ID not working on my computer screen.  Have called and called Comcast and all I get is a reply that someone is working and that it will take up to 72 hours.  Had this same reply from Comcast several times in last month.  Caller ID was working on my computer screen when I first downloaded from Comcast, but has been dead for some 2 months or more.  Please help.

Visitor
Jim1948

I'm having the same problem, both with caller-id on the computer and with comcast support. I had caller id at one time ,then it just went away. HELP!

Contributor
clements81

No Caller ID on the computer seems to be a common problem.  Something that one would think Comcast would care to correct.  Still waiting.

Contributor
clements81

Yes.  And it was working some months ago now.  But it hasn't worked in some time.

Visitor
Jim1948

I can not downloads caller id software.

Visitor

I could not get caller ID on my computer for months.  I removed it from my control panel and reinstalled it a number of times to no avail.  I finally got a great comcast chat person to set up where a technician came to my home and he told me the problem is with Norton Security's firewall.  It will not allow callerd id into your system unless you shut down the firewall and then go into Norton site and find the section where it will say allow Caller ID.  Thats the only way.  The tech that came to me house took care of the whole thing in 20 minutes.  I was on the phone with online experts for hours a waste of time do this do that try this try that nothing.  The problem is with Norton not allowing certain things to go thru and caller ID for pc is one of them.

Contributor
clements81

Thanks to the person who said Norton is the problem.  I do not know how to allow Caller ID in the Norton Firewall.  I tried and the Norton allow section wants a number for Caller ID that I nor Comcast Voice people do not know.  Please Help.

Visitor

Got to Norton shut down your firewall.  Then download caller id for your PC along with Adobe Air.  The go to a section in Norton that shows the allowed items.  Air will be on there list and so will caller ID click allow.  Thats all the tech did.

New Visitor

caller id on my tv isn't working.  had it once before now nothing want it back.

Contributor
clements81

I spent several hours today with Norton techs who uninstalled Norton Security Suite from my computer and even with it gone, the caller ID still did not work.  This appears to be a Comcast internal problem that I wish I could find the right Comcast contact that can call attention to my problem and get it fixed!!!!!!!!

Visitor

I cannot log on to my account on my computer. I have a MAC. Please advise.

WEY

Contributor

Caller ID on PC unreliable

I have had this service on my PC for a year, and see it go up and down several times a day.  Sometimes it disconnects and later re-connects.  Sometimes the connection drops and gives a message to try later, and sometimes it is connected/logged in but does not pop up and chime when a call comes in.  I have told Comcast about these problems multple times.  Each time have been promised someone would look into it and contact.  Noone ever called back, and it still fails frequently.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Caller ID on PC unreliable

If you look around this forum, you will find the same issue for hundreds of posters.  Comcast has never admintted a problem, let alone a fix.

Since this is a user to user community forum, there is hardly any interaction from any Comcast employees to share if it will ever be fixed.  I gave up on this feature it over a year ago.

New Visitor
jshevsky

I've only had my service for less than a week and am already sorry I switched. My caller ID works on my PC because it's a program that I set up. my advice is to remave it from your hard drive than reinstall it. My problem is the caller ID feature on my TV, (HD) has not worked since I had the service installed and their problem solvers are a farce. I've been on both chat and the phone with no satisfaction. Today I noticed when I try to get a so called executive I get disconnected. Decide to order something and they are falling over each other. No wonder they are listed as one of the worse Co's to deal with.

Contributor

I have installed, re-installed, kept the relevant Adobe SW up to date, etc.  I was not asking for advice, on how to run my compters.  I am trying to get Comcast to notice that lots of people are complaining about the thing not working well, and address the issue.  Either quit advertising the product or make it work reliably.  Right now it feels like as customers we are performing a multi-year beta test for Comcast that never ends in an upgrade to production quality. 

Contributor

Any reply ComcastTeds?

New Visitor
fonzie43

xfinity.comcast.net/callerid/ is no good for me i've been having trouble since they came out with it on my PC!

Visitor
nikkoyes

Caller I D for P C

have not been able to login to caller i d for p c for several days now          why?       use to be able to login with little problem     help!

New Visitor
fonzie43

THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR "FREE"

New Visitor
WD___

Joke Caller ID or is it Caller ID Joke?

My PC caller ID boots up when the computer is turned on. Within 5 minutes it is "Service Unavailable" or "Cannot Connect Now"!!!!!  This wonderful app is OFF 75 or 80% of the time! WHAT IS THE POINT????  4 out of 5 incoming calls occur while this wonder is sleeping!!! I have Windows 7 Home Premium and MS Office 10. I don't think the computer is to blame?

Contributor
Nick-3

CALLER ID NOT WORKING ON TV OR COMPUTER.

Why isn't the "Caller ID" feature I supposed to have on my TV and computer not working?

I have the compatable equipment according to the compatability list for cable boxes.....I have checked to make sure that the Caller ID function on the cable box is set to "on".

I do have called ID on the phones themselves, and it does show on them when a call comes in, but not on the TV or the computer (and i have DL and installed the CID program).

If I supposed to have that feature....then i'd like it to function for me on the TV.

I had it on Cox cable, and it worked perfect.

Please assist me so that that feature functions for me.

Thanks.

Visitor

Got mine to work doing these 2 simple steps.

1: Receiver; Unplug your receiver, let sit for 5 minutes, plug receiver back in and let it reboot. goto menu and make sure the "caller ID" option is still in the ON setting.

2: PC; Open your Norton antivirus suite, goto settings, goto firewall, click on 2nd tab from left to right named "Program Rules" scroll down the list nd first find Adobe Air installer and make sure it is set to "ALLOW" (Not AUTO). Scroll down further and find "Caller ID" (mine was set to AUTO) Make sure it's set to "ALLOW". if Caller ID is still running shut it down and restart it (you can do this by clicking Start, Programs, Startup, Caller ID if you're not sure how to).

P.S. These steps are assuming you have a version of Windows upto but not including Win 8 ( I hate it) and that you have a compatible Receiver as well having the free Norton Anti-virus suite that Comcast provides.

Mine is currently working for now, but this may not be the end all solution for all...good luck

Contributor
Nick-3

Hi. I tried your fixes for both my cable box (which is equipment compatatble for caller ID) and for my computer (which i have Norton)....and the solutions didn't work for me.

Thank you for your posting anyways.

New Visitor
fonzie43

Hi. I tried your fixes for both my cable box (which is equipment compatatble for caller ID) and for my computer (which i have Norton)....and the solutions didn't work for me.

Contributor
Nick-3

Yeah, i did the same thing by contacting them and them telling me about some codes they need to send to my box. Same as you...waited 24 hours....but still not working.

Customer service either on the phone or chat is a joke....it goes overseas, and a few times they eventually just ignore me and close the chat session to avoid dealing with the problem.

I'm actually going directly to the Comcast Store in my area, to see if they can help out.

I had no problems with any of this when we had COX service.

Visitor
gorjusn2u

Yes

Contributor
Nick-3

Ok. So what i did was to go right to the Comcast Store.  They were very helpful, and even offered to exchange my cable box for another one that the caller ID would work on.  The one i have it supposed to work on...but it doesn't.

Now...they re-sent codes to my system...then i waited until the next day....and now the Caller ID works on my computer, my wife's computer, and on my Tablet via WiFi......but not on the TV.

I re-booted the cable box....then re-checked to make sure the Caller ID function was "on"....then tried it again.  Well...i got no joy....nada....doesn't work.  So i might just take that box back and get a replacement ubtil it does work.

OVERALL....my advice is this....don't waste your time either on the phone or in the chat with foreigners that don't know what they're doing.  Go to your local Comcast Store and they will hook you up.  Be nice....be courtious....they will help you.  Here in Arizona...they are very friendly and very helpful.

Visitor
gorjusn2u

I well try it, and let u know how it work out.