Contributor

no caller ID on TV for 3 months

we have not had caller ID for 3 months on our TV I have chatted twice made 3 phone calls still no caller ID total joke no one wants to fix it for us either

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: no caller ID on TV for 3 months

3 reasons for the on screen caller ID to stop working.

set top box needs a reboot - unplug - wait 30 seconds and power up the set top box - wait an hour or more for the ITV apps to reload.  ITV apps frequently stop working on the set top box and the box needs a reboot.

caller ID is turned off in the setup menu on the set top box - check the menu to make sure it is enabled.

Account problems - Comcast rep will need to check that your CDV is tied properly to your TV account so the set top box is seeing the CDV account.

Contributor

did the reset didnt work and as far as turning on under ITV I get code  ETV 1000 not available they have reset while I was on the phone no help we had it and it just quit working neighbors work fine eveyone I ask theres works fine but cant get comcat to bother following up not very happy for the amount of money we pay a month

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

You will need to call in to Comcast and hopefully get someone that cares and will fix it.

Contributor

I have 3 times

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

I'll notify a Comcast administrator and they will get back to you.

Contributor

thanks much

Recognized Contributor
CCRodney

Cruzeen,

I have someone looking into this issue. Check back here for an update.

Thanks,
CCRodney
Just a regular guy

Contributor

Well I got a call from comcast and they said they were going to send someone out to replace my cable box so set up a appointment some kids shows up understands I have no itv caller id march's through our white living room carpet with his boots on makes a phone call to send another worm to our box and I told him this is the 3rd time they have done this and said if this does not work nothing they can do. I asked him about another box he said all the ones he had were older than what I have now why would he be carrying older boxs? So I see no reason to continue using comcast triple play if no one will fix this issue

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The Comcast admin has been notified about your latest experience, you should be hearing back.

Contributor

Well I finally received a call from comcast first one was a phone survey the second one was from a very nice gal named shelly from customer care who finally explained in detail the problem and told me it should be fixed by the end of the month and if not call again and she credited my account.

Thanks for all your help no one else would follow through.

Thanks

Tom

Contributor

Hello it has now been over 4 months no caller ID on tv and was told the problem would be fixed by the end of july but still no access to ITV.

Thanks

Connection Expert
JamesR

You cetainly are a patient soul.  We will escalate this and see if it can be resolved.

Contributor

MUCH APPRECIATED THANKS

Contributor

i rebooted my cable box and the itv is showing and called id is finally working thanks

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

I had Comcast phone installed 3 days ago.  This morning, callerID on TV, stopped

working.  Cust. service first call, said wait  for 6 hours  because my box reset itself this morning.

Didn't happend.  Call #2 to Cust. service : rep said no, it takes longer than 6 hours. Wait till this

evening.  Again, nothing happened.  Evening time:   A Quality Control rep came to my house, unexpected, to follow up on how my phone installation went.   Told him about callerID not working.  He said oh it

probably takes 24 hours ..if it doesn't work tomorrow , call for a new DVR.

So, everytime the DVR gets reset, (these things reset often, 'on their own'), I'll lose caller ID ?

First call to rep, the rep confirmed that callerID is still on my account....

Also, if I  try iTV menu option on TV to access caller-id, it shows a box on bottom of screen that says "Loading"....for a few seconds, then disappears..so I can't even get to the callerID menu anymore.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Reboot the set top box again.  Unplug for 2 minutes, then power up, give it an hour to reload the apps, and overnight for the guide to populate.

Your box might have gotten a software update, and many times when that happens and the box reboots, the other apps don't reload properly.  So give it a good reboot again.  The ITV app should come back.