Contributor
MPEARCE

4 weeks of errors, CL-7, ERR-7 even technician couldn't help

This fiasco started almost 4 weeks ago.  On Demand went out suddenly.  We figured it would correct itself in a day or two as usual.  Nope. DVR worked, guide worked, but Err-7 or CL-7 when trying On Demand.  We're told to unplug for a minute, etc.  Well, that set cable box to permanent MIDNIGHT.  Guide only says to be announced and only shows from Midnight to 1am.  DVR says it is being restored but nope.  Customer service says its the box.  We exchange the box.  That one doesn't work!  Go back AGAIN.  Nah, of course that's a problem, too.  THEN we're told, not the box, it's signal.  After 3 weeks a tech shows up.  Tells me that customer service 'don't know what they're talking about, they're not technicians, they're just reading.  It is NOT the signal, it's the box.'  He then says Comcast has been using refurbished boxes for 5-6 years and we need the new, smaller black box.  I said it seemed impossible that 4 boxes were ALL bad, but according to him, that's it.  So he leaves - with cable on permanent Midnight. I left work early for THAT?!  I've spoken to 6 or 7 customer reps.  A different story every time. The other evening I was told an email would be sent to 'xoc' department and perhaps the issue can be addressed on the "head end" or something - whatever that means. I was told IF box cycles back to correct time again, guide comes back, dvr comes back and it's back to just CL-7 error to call and someone, somewhere was going to try something else related to account or numbers.  So I call last evening and after 30 minutes this woman has NO CLUE what I am referring to, insists I need a tech - WE HAD A TECH, HE COULDN'T FIX IT!!!  A supervisor was "definitely" going to call - HA, never happened.  This is an absolute disgrace.  A month of paying for a service that is not being provided.  What do we do next???  NO ONE is able to fix our cable in all of Comcast???

Contributor
MPEARCE

Re: On Demand hasn't worked in 5-6 months

Wow, I can see from these posts what we have to look forward to.  After all, we've only been getting the run around for 4+ weeks at this point.  First post here was like looking into the future. 

Contributor
MPEARCE

Re: ONE month - NO On Demand - Still Error 7 - No Action from Comcast "Cares&quo

We are in the EXACT same situation, it was like reading my own post!!  We pay a lot of money and we pay on time every month, yet we aren't getting what we pay for.  There has to be someone with the know-how to be able to solve these issues!  Reading these forums, there are many people dealing with this so what is it??

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: 4 weeks of errors, CL-7, ERR-7 even technician couldn't help

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified and will contact the local group to get it fixed.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team, which response time will vary, but they will get to your post.

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

--

At the present time, Can you please reach out to 800comcast.

Thank You
-Keisha-
Contributor
MPEARCE

Hi Keisha,

I did and waiting on a call back.  Supervisor SUPPOSED to call yesterday, nothing.  Nothing so far today. I called with "ticket number" I was given and thought I'd get directly connected, but all the person did was take number and said we'd get a call back.  By the way, made the trip to pick up newer black box, on the off chance that might somehow solve it - not one location in New Jersey had them in stock

Official Employee
ComcastKeisha

---

I responded to your private message.

Thank You
-Keisha-