New Visitor
bwspauldingiii

Breaking Bad Season 5 Episode 1 Not On Demand Anymore?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I just finished watching Season 4 of Breaking Bad and want to start watching Season 5 but Episode 1 is no longer On Demand. Could you tell me the reason you only keep 5 episodes running at once, and is there a way I will be able to watch Episode 1 (and then Episode 2 because it expires tonight, 8/19) before it reruns on Sunday 9/9? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks very much.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: Breaking Bad Season 5 Episode 1 Not On Demand Anymore?

Per our licensing agreement we're only permitted to offer the 4 most recent episodes for AMC content On Demand.  If you missed an episode, you can purchase past episodes for download through either Amazon or iTunes.

Eric 

Contributor
MattPA

After the season concludes, will the episodes be posted again?

New Visitor
JoeyTruz

New Visitor
peterj3

That's kind of bogus that were suppose to buy the episodes even though we purchase a cable package that includes AMC

Contributor
MattPA

[ Edited ]

well I actually understand the contract/licensing requirements, but to never repeat the episodes on demand again telling the one customer to purchase them as the answer to their question is kind of disappointing. According to the representatives response, the limitations are 4 episodes at a time which doesn't mean they can't repeat them 4 at a time at the end of the season. Shouldn't the best answer the representative could provide be to either purchase them now OR to be patient and the episodes will be reposted? If they are in fact reposted again later it is a bit unfair for that information no to be shared here. If they are not, that sucks overall as a programming choice and no fault of the representative who did a good job here.

New Visitor
AustinBigWig

Right now only episodes 7 & 8 are on-demand. Why don't you put on episodes 1 & 2 as well? That would only be 4 episodes at once, and give those of us that missed episodes 1 & 2 an option to view them. To have us pay Amazon to watch them kind of defeats the reason we pay you already.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

The network provides the episodes and decides when to offer them, so unfortunately this is out of Comcast's control.  I understand the frustration though as I'm a big fan of the show and had to catch up with season 4 before this season started.  They might put them all back up On Demand at some point or you can keep an eye on the TV listings since they'll likely re-air all episodes again before season 5 starts back up.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Breaking-Bad/96341/full-episodes#episode=TvEpisode-1539732&filter=on...

Eric

New Visitor

I'm not a fan of the on demand set up. There are only a few shows that I really like to view on a regular basis, so it looks like I can save a boatload of money and just rent the episodes I want after the season's of my favorites become available on DVD. Comcast also charges outrageous rental fees for on demand movies that I could pick up at Red Box for a fraction of what they charge. Time to reassess my cable package.
Contributor
MattPA

I see your point, but to be fair, redbox rarely carries tv episodes

New Visitor
mikecarter57

I agree that red box does not have TV episodes but that should be the perc that Comcast offers. Redbox is alot cheaper with a large selection of movies.  If comcast wants us to keep buying movies and premium channels they should make better agreements with content providers so we get the benefit as a customer.  Otherwise I will soon go to basic cable and just go around the corner and get movies. If I have buy tv series episode from Itunes or amazon I am still saving a ton of money.

Contributor
MattPA

I agree with you there! Again... and I have nothing to gain in these comments btw haha!..... the advantage of Comcast is the pay per view movies come out a month ahead of redbox. I don't know about Amazon and iTunes though as I have not used them for these things. I have always just been content to wait to see these things again when reposted. For example, I am willing to bet we will see the first half of BB season 5 before the release the new episodes for the rest of the season.

New Visitor
orhookem

There are currently no episodes of Breaking Bad available. If the licensing agreement allows four episodes to be available, please post the first four episodes of Season Five.  I had to watch the previous seasons on Netflix but it doesn't have Season Five yet.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

The licensing restrictions are for up to 4 episodes, but its still at the discretion of the network to provide them.  In between seasons, networks often remove the episodes from the recent season.  Keep an eye on the TV Listings though since they usual replay all of the recent season before the start of the new one:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Breaking-Bad/9099681473081295112/full-episodes#episode=Video-2148...

Eric

New Visitor
Brando12

They are airing all 8 episodes of season 5 starting at 1030 central time before the season premier at 7 Sunday August 11th
New Visitor

I'm about to cancel Comcast because it seems they pick and choose which shows they force you to buy even though you buy the network. That is utter bs to me. I'm done paying way too dam much to not get what I pay for. It's a complete monopoly in my area.
New Visitor
EnricoFermi

Why isnt Breaking Bad Season 5, epsiode 10 on demand the day after, ie.e now!

Why isnt Breaking Bad Season 5, epsiode 10 on demand the day after, ie.e  now!

Recognized Contributor
BPreston

Re: Why isnt Breaking Bad Season 5, epsiode 10 on demand the day after, ie.e now!

Man, do people actually read these threads before they reply and start whining? Once again, episodes available on demand aren't at the discretion of Comcast; they're totally up to the networks.

Switch to DirecTV, Dish, FIOS or U-Verse, and I guarantee you you'll find they offer the same four (or fewer) episodes on demand at any given time as Comcast. Complaining to your cable or satellite provider about what the networks offer makes as much sense as yelling at your radio antenna because Rush Limbaugh said something stupid.
Official Employee

Re: Why isnt Breaking Bad Season 5, epsiode 10 on demand the day after, ie.e now!

I see it
New Visitor
Loretta55

When will season 6 episodes 3 and 4 be available? I missed it live and want to watch them to get caught up. Thanks
Contributor
MattPA

I am guessing you mean the last half of season 5 which is running now. Episode 3 was last night, so episode 4 will not premier til next weekend. You are ahead of yourself :smileywink:!

Contributor
Adapt73

Netflix is a better option than redbox bud. cheaper also.