New Visitor
jkeane22

Comcast: Please Give Us the Complete Official TiVo/Xfinity Story for Chicago

When will integrated Tivo/XOD service be offered? Please also indicate how, prior to that time, TiVo users can also use Comcast, and please do so in one concise and complete explanation.
Contributor

VOD on TiVo

Why is this roll-out taking so long?  We are coming up on a year since it launched.:smileyshocked:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: VOD on TiVo

it is rolling out, have you checked here for your area.??

http://www3.tivo.com/products/tivo-walkthrough/tv-source/cable/tivo-comcast/index.html

Contributor

Oh believe me, I've been checking!  it just seems like it's taking a lot longer than it should and there is no information as to which markets will get it and when.

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: Comcast: Please Give Us the Complete Official TiVo/Xfinity Story for Chicago

I am using Tivo and On Demand in the Boston area, and it works better than the Comcast  on demand.

Here is the link on the Tivo On Demand rollout:

http://www3.tivo.com/products/tivo-walkthrough/tv-source/cable/tivo-comcast/index.html

Anyone with a Tivo that accepts a cablecard can use Comcast for all channels including premium channels right now. Just pick up a cablecard self install kit and follow the instructions. 

New Visitor
mrseduc8r

Mine became available through my TiVo (FINALLY) about a month ago and I have been happily enjoying it. Until yesterday. I started getting a "please wait" screen and then a GSM-11 error. I was online with a tech for about 45 minutes and he wasn't able to resolve it. They are sending a tech Monday. I know that it works because it has worked all month. VOD works on my television without a TiVo box. I love my TiVo and I love Comcast On Demand. I just wished they worked together! Grrrrrr.

Contributor

Re: Comcast: Please Give Us the Complete Official TiVo/Xfinity Story for Chicago

[ Edited ]

Barbie,

This link doesn't tell when VOD will be available on TiVo in our location.  There hasn't been a new city added to the list for over 6 months!

Contributor

Still waiting...

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

It's Comcast dragging their feet. Of course Tivo would want it to be available everywhere.

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

jkeane22 wrote:
When will integrated Tivo/XOD service be offered? Please also indicate how, prior to that time, TiVo users can also use Comcast, and please do so in one concise and complete explanation.

We work with TiVo to jointly determine which markets are scheduled to get the TiVo with XFINITY On Demand as the best return on our joint investment.

There is some work (people, equipment and dollars) required by both Comcast and TiVo in order to make this work so priority markets and locations have been identified and worked for 2013. 

Unfortunately, we currently don't have plans for any additional markets this year while both Comcast and TiVo evaluate the performance and results of the current markets where this added feature has been made available.  

We have this feature deployed in many areas this year including CA, CT, NH, VT, MA, NJ, PA, FL, MN, DC and VA.

New Visitor
justlev

Well gee, Ted.  As someone in the Chicago area market, that's going to make it easier to go back to DirecTV when they offer me a new subsciber deal.  I kinda like their picture better (barring upper atmospheiric disturbances) and their on Demand, though smaller than Comcas's, worked with my DVRs.

I bought a Tivo Premiere because I expected you'd complete the Tivo On-Demand for one of your larger markets.  True, nobody promised anything, but the fact you're not doing this is NOT something you can throw on Tivo.  It's in their interest to see that you convert all the cities, so I don't see them witholding manpower or money.

However, I do see Comcast promoting their precious X1.  Let me see... who is less likely to want Tivos getting On-Demand in a large market like Chicago?

Answer: Comcast is responsible for pulling the plug on the deployment.  Call a spade a spade next time.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I spent one hour and fifty minutes on the phone last month talking to seven people from Comcast and one from TiVo trying to figure out when XOD would be available in the Chicago Suburbs.  Comcast person number seven transferred me to TiVo stating that they could provide a timeframe on availability.  The TiVo person said it was up to Comcast. 

I said several bad words after I hung up the phone.

I can get HBO-OD through Chromecast, but the picture is sub-optimal.  It's also available through Roku via participating sevice providers, but Xfinity isn't one of them.

The only reason I subscribed to Comcast was to get HBO.  Ends up I can get the majority of my favorite programming (includig HBO series) through Roku, Amazon, Netflix, etc. and  over-the-air channels. I've had to contact Comcast twice in the past month to get the card reset for the main TiVo box. OTA is much more reliable.

Guess what's probably going to happen when my one year introductory rate with Xfinity expires?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

From a TiVo press release dated 2/26/2014:

"We are also pleased that Comcast has committed to expanding our successful integration of Xfinity On Demand to their entire footprint. This integration on the Roamio and Premiere platforms has been an important one for us, as the robust Xfinity library, along-side traditional TV channels and web content delivers a one-stop shop for home entertainment. Market-by-market rollouts are occurring now, with full scale deployment in all U.S. markets -- including Chicago, Atlanta and Houston -- expected to be complete by June 30, 2014."

TiVo Press Release

Finally!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Don't get your hopes up to high. Comcast has a habit of saying something will take place within a certain time frame then not doing it. Just because they say it doesn't make it so.

The best approach to take is "believe it when you see it".

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor

I live in the westerm suburbs and Xfinity on Demand is now working on my TiVo Roamio Plus.  It can be accessed by going to Main Menu>Find TV, Movies, & Video, and then selecting the Xfinity Video on Demand app.

Go to http://www.tivo.com/discover/cable and enter your zip code to check if it's available in your area.