Visitor

EXERCISE TV

I just got an e-mail from Exercise TV saying it is no longer going to be available On Demand after December 15.  Does anyone know if Comcast is planning to replacing it with another exercise On Demand channel?

New Visitor

What happened to exercise TV?

I now have to access on demand by using 888, but when I do I only see about 3 choices for exercise TV - each only 3- minutes long.  Is there another way to access the shows that were available only last week or have they eliminated exersize TV?  I'm very dissappointed as I loved the excersizes and used them every day.

Contributor
captmorn2374

Re: EXERCISE TV

I've heard there will be a replacement by mid-December.
Visitor

I'm really glad to hear that a replacement is planned.  I like the variety that Exercise TV offers (or hopefully that the replacement will offer), rather than being limited to the same DVDs over an over. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

This month, ExerciseTV will cease its operations on video-on-demand, and as a result, ExerciseTV programming will no longer be available as of December 13 on demand.

Through a new free exercise offering called “Fitness Workouts,” fitness programs will continue to be available on Xfinity On Demand.  This new offering will be available to digital video customers and includes exercise workouts such as abs, cardio, yoga, and other exercises.  Fitness Workouts will be located under Sports & Fitness folder. 

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
hale10s

Exercise TV

What happened to Exercise TV?  I utilize it at least 3 times a week.  Please let us know how we can continue to access it.

New Visitor
hale10s

Re: What happened to exercise TV?

I also want to know what happened to Exercise TV.  I can't get it on my computer anymore.  Please bring it back or, at the least, post all of the videos and their download prices so we can continue to enjoy our favorite trainers.  I am also very disappointed as I used them at least 3-4 times a week.  Help.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

All-

This month, ExerciseTV will cease its operations on video-on-demand, and as a result, ExerciseTV programming will no longer be available as of December 13 on demand.

Through a new free exercise offering called “Fitness Workouts,” fitness programs will continue to be available on Xfinity On Demand.  This new offering will be available to digital video customers and includes exercise workouts such as abs, cardio, yoga, and other exercises.  Fitness Workouts will be located under Sports & Fitness folder. 

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
trickylevi

What about exercise tv online with comcast?  Will that still be available?

New Visitor
BBored

I was told by a Customer Service lady that bascially Comcast and Xfinity are one and the same - eventually we will use Xfinity and Comcast will just be a parent-type company.  Don't know if this is true and I don't care.  I just want exercise programs On Demand.

I never received any notice nor did I see any red trailer on the bottom of my screen (a friend saw one and told me!)  So I am hoping that there will be no break in service from 12/12 to 12/13 - in keeping with what Larry says.

I guess we just have to wait and see.

New Visitor
BBored

Sorry - forgot to add that if these Fitness Workouts will be in the Sports & Fitness folder then what is the reason to change anything?  That's where Exercise TV is now!

New Visitor
CharleneT

Will it be the same trainers/programs as Exercise TV or new, and if new are they from another cable system?

New Visitor
mphb88

What happened to ExerciseTV?

[ Edited ]

What happened to exerciseTV? Why are they removing it?

EDIT: I just saw the other page.

Contributor
Amy_01

I am glad comcast responded to this. I have woken up to exercise tv 6 days a week for over 5 years. I will miss it. I am glad there will be something there in the morning. Thank you.

New Visitor
rabbits325

I was reviewing the new fitness workouts this morning and was disappointed.  Are there any plans to bring walking workouts to the programs?  The Leslie Sansone workouts were great.  My doctor recommended them to me for cardio workouts with a low impact.

New Visitor
kspi12345

Very disappointed to see Exercise TV no longer available.  More disappointed at the new fitness options, especially for Cardio.  Do not have anything comparable to favorire trainers like Jillian Michaels and Kendall Hogan.

Visitor
cyndi2448

I also enjoyed the walking workouts with Leslie Sansone, and also Denise Austin.  I took a quick look this morning at the new line-up, and decided just to walk on my treadmill.  I am very disappointed  :smileysad:

New Visitor
BBored

I have to asgree - the new offerings are very disapopointing.  I went through many of the workouts and could not find anything that fit the bill for a senior with a knee replacement.  The walking programs are gone.  Event he 'new' program with Jane Fonda which was only on for about a month is gone. here is a woman in her 70's with a knee and hip replacement and her program was do-able.

What was the point of doing this?

Visitor

I used Exercise TV On Demand almost every day.  I'm VERY disappointed that Comcast is no longer using them and am strongly considering canceling my cable.  I considered my monthly fee to Comcast as my "gym membership" plus entertainment for my children.  As a stay home mom, the option to exercise with Exercise TV was perfect.  The new fitness programming is not as good, I do not like the instructors from the routines I've tried.  Comcast made a poor choice when they decided to not continue with Exercise TV. 

Does anyone know a way to access them through another carrier? Or online somewhere?

New Visitor
kspi12345

It looks like Exercise TV's site is down as well - may have something to do with Comcast not continuing.

I agree, as a stay at home mom, I use it as my gym as well.    It made the rise in their fees a little more manageable after I chose to cancel my gym membership   It seems Comcast fees continue to rise, while the value and service have gone down  We have considered cancelling as well. 

Visitor

Exercise on demand

My exercise programs are missing.  Where is 'walking' on the exercise on demand gone to  and the channel 219 that use to  take me to the exercise on demand?  I use Chris Freytag and Leslie Sansome exercise with some weights and I want them back.  Please.

Thank you

Shirley

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Exercise on demand

In an open letter on its website, ExerciseTV announced on November 25, 2011 that it will be closing its Video OnDemand channel and website on December 31, 2011, although select programming will continue to be available for purchase.

New Visitor
nucsam

shirls13 wrote:

My exercise programs are missing.  Where is 'walking' on the exercise on demand gone to  and the channel 219 that use to  take me to the exercise on demand?  I use Chris Freytag and Leslie Sansome exercise with some weights and I want them back.  Please.

Thank you

Shirley

I was really upset in the change of exercise TV.  Who's brilliant idea was this.  I use it daily and now it is a waste of time.

New Visitor
nucsam

Are you kidding.  I want my exercise TV back.  Whatever that is on there now is a waste.  I am truly considering canceling my service.

Visitor

Not a happy answer:smileysad: I have the tapes but the on demand was very convenient.  I hope they/you will reconsider and bring it back.  I don't know where I would see the 'open letter' but I didn't and it isn't even the 31st yet. Bummer.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

I dont think you understand, the network that made those shows in no longer in existance,  this has nothing to do with comcast the network is gone.  Comcast has said that it is looking into alternatives though.

Contributor

This is one of the only things I liked about Comcast (Exercise TV).  With such a high bill I can get Verizon for less than $100/mo guaranteed & get a DVR or two and still save over $1K/year!  Something to think about.

Contributor

Re: Exercise TV

Apparently it is gone.

Contributor

Love Jillian & Tom Morley.  Disappointed when I tried to do my yoga tonight :smileysad:

Contributor

EXERCISE TV IS GONE :( Don't even know what to say about this. So disappointed.

Well Comcast, you're pushing me out the door.  I love Exercise TV, noticed yesterday that my fave Tom Morley workout "ended" 12/12 and figured it would show up renewed today just like it always does.

I am disappointed at best not to have Tom & Jillian's workouts available anytime that I want.

A DVR/DVD and a cheaper cable bill may be in the works.

New Visitor
realtruth

The replaced it alright with a bunch of worthless videos.  Leslie Sansome, Billy Blanks, Jr, Jane Fonda, Kendall Hogan, all had good low impact workouts for all ages, body types and fitness levels.  The videos on there now are just the usual athletic persona that do not represent the masses of people who need these workouts.

Contributor

I am disappointed too.  You can purchase & download many of the workouts on line and then hook your computer up to the TV and watch them.  It's pretty easy.  Good luck. 

I may change from Comcast too.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: EXERCISE TV IS GONE :( Don't even know what to say about this. So disappointed

[ Edited ]

its not comcast the channel (network) is gone.  don't blame comcast blame the network that went out of business.  you cannot broadcast what no longer exists.,

In an open letter on its website, ExerciseTV announced on November 25, 2011 that it will be closing its Video OnDemand channel and website on December 31, 2011, although select programming will continue to be available for purchase.

Contributor
Amy_01

Going to give it another shot, was disappointed too. It had commercials in the middle ofthe videos!! REALLY?? The 25 min workout I chose I barely broke a sweat, and it lasted longer because they didnt factor in commercial time. :smileysad:

New Visitor
dcubedwa

Yeah-I was upset this morning when I tuned in and no Chris Frietag, Kendall Hogan, Denise Austin and so on.  Just 4 or 5 unmotivating trainers with crappy routines.  Exercise TV was one of the things that keeps me paying so much every month.  Withput it I may rethink and just buy more videos.

Visitor

As I understand it, it is not comcast but the exercise network no longer available.  Just want you to know the replacement exercises are really bad:smileysad:  I am so disappointed.

New Visitor
PawnShadow

The new on demand exercise workouts are not satisfactory.  There are no walking workouts.  My wife was using two walking workouts on alternating days.  The ab/core workouts are for beginners.  I used to get a good workout with Chris Freytag.  The sets are cheesy.  The music is barely audible.  And who are these trainers? 

New Visitor
tdmcmains

The new fitness programs are TERRIBLE.  I've been using exercise TV for a year.  The new shows are nowhere near the caliber of the old shows!  Please bring them back!!!!!  This is ridiculous.  What is the point of keeping this service?  this is the only thing i used on-demand for.

New Visitor
dynamitedina

I just noticed that exercise tv is off of comcast on-demand.  I see you have the new free program called "Fitness Workouts". 

My suggestion:

PLEASE ADD JILLIAN MICHAELS WORKOUTS TO THAT PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
realtruth

I tried again this morning.  Thought maybe I just did not give it a fair chance.  But I was right.  Fitness Workouts suck.  There is no other way to describe it.  I went down the line for Cardio, and Weight Loss and they are just horrible.  Women built like men.  Who wants to see that?

New Visitor
pdecocq

I am so disappointed that my exercise videos are no longer available on my on-demand.  I use it EVERY day.  I tried to use some of the new ones but there are not even close to as good.  I am seriously considering canceling my service.

New Visitor
missexercisetv

Comcast Larry please find some new fitness offerings.  The current ones are dated and have commercials.  So disappointed that exercise tv no longer available. Will need to research verizon to see what fitness options they have.

New Visitor
tnkitty

Ugh I am so upset that Exercise TV is gone. I know there is nothing we can do about it but PLEASE get something besides the replacement you currently have. I'm a stay at home mom and 90% of my workouts come from On Demand. The new workouts are so dull! It took me 30 mins to find something that I thought I would like then it got so boring that I stopped halfway through. What a waste of time. I only have so much time during the day to get my exercise. The new trainers have no personality. They spend too much time explaining moves instead of just getting to work. Can you bring back the favorites (Chris Freytag, Kendall Hogan, Leslie Sansone, Jillian Michaels, etc) without Exercise TV? I need them! I'm heading to Amazon to purchase the 10 pound slimdown while I wait for Comcast to change this, thanks! :womantongue:

New Visitor
PD_52

I am disappointed Comcast is no longer offering Exercise TV. The new Fitness Workout menu programs are are boring and difficult to follow.

Spoiler
:smileysad:

Disappointed Customer

New Visitor
New Visitor
d08

Honestly, the new "fitness workouts" look like they were filmed in someone's basement.  They are AWFUL!!

Exercise TV was awesome, with challenging workouts that were never boring.  Is there a chance that it will be back?  We pay a very heftly cable bill each month and the main reason I stayed with Comcast was for exercise TV.  I am VERY disappointed!!!!

Visitor

Why is Exercise TV no longer going to be available? The new videos are no where near as good....I'm very disappointed : ( I used the Exercise TV EVERYDAY and loved it! Please bring it back!!

New Visitor
monico1455

Exercise TV - Where did it go?

What happened to Exercis TV? I loved it and was the reason I signed up for the package I did. Now it has been replaced by something called "Workout Routines" . No Walking workout videos or beginner yoga routines. Nothing really for women over 50. Huge disappointment. Please bring it back!

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Exercise TV - Where did it go?

Apparently, Exercise TV is shutting down.

New Visitor
LaToya430

I totally agree... I miss Leslie Samsone! She helped me lose my 1st 20 lbs with cardio slim down
New Visitor
misslyssa319

from the ExerciseTV facebook page posted 11-28-11:

"ExerciseTV would like to thank all of you for your loyalty and support of ExerciseTV over the past 6 years. Unfortunately, due to the challenging growth prospects of the business, the decision has been made to discontinue the channel On Demand and online."

It wasn't a Comcast decision but an ExerciseTV decision.