New Visitor
jillyrose77

Re: Goodbye ExerciseTV, Goodbye Comcast

Ya but at least comcast can take responsibility for getting better workouts. Thank you

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: do they still have walk at home with leslie sansone

Exercise TV network shut itself down last month. So the on demand offerings are no longer available.

New Visitor
tiffanylee54

Re: Exercise TV - Where did it go?

launch on demand then go to sports and fitness then go to fitness workouts. It's not Exercise TV but you can go there to get work outs.

New Visitor
zoey2011

Re: EXERCISE TV

Does anyone know what happened to comcast on demand excercise TV???  What happened to Jillian and Biggest Loser and Jane Fonda and Denise Austin...all the good ones are GONE!! Now its replaced with these lame no name people who are soooo boring and dont do much of anything!  COMCAST bring it back to the way it was!!  If its not Broken, dont fix it!!!  

New Visitor
bb32000

Missing Exercise TV

I too miss exercise TV. The new workouts are neither challenging nor fun & not of the same quality of what was offered on exercise tv. It's really disappointing. Obviously Comcast chose to cut costs here, & while I'm glad they didn't entirely cut out an on demand fitness channel, they could have done a better job with the replacement videos.
Contributor
Amy_01

I miss it too, but its not comcast's fault. Exercise TV went down on their own accord.

Contributor

Exercise TV may or may not have gone down on it's own but surely Comcast was given some warning.  It would have been really nice if they would have let us all know so we could purchase dvd's or downloads from them for our favorites.  Just sayin.

Visitor

Is Gliad gone now too? I can't find him anymore. His workouts and Cathy Syphers are the only ones that were any decent....not as good as Excersice TV but better than the rest of these lame videos........

New Visitor
mudge75

Re: What happened to exercise TV?

PLEASE bring back Exercise TV and Leslie Sandone's Walk program.  We pay ENOUGH for our Xfinity and cable to continue to have this programming.

New Visitor
mudge75

I agree, bring Leslie back!

New Visitor
debbie9703

I ordered two Leslie dvds on Amazon. I like them but it sure is easier  just turning on the tv instead of having to take dvd's out and using my husband 's "confusing" remote to work the dvd player!

New Visitor
csds123

Re: Exercise on demand

Absolutely garbage!!! The workouts are worthless and the trainers dont even look like they're in shape!  They might as well get rid of it cause no one will use it...Especially me!  Please bring  back Exercise TV...We all loved it as you can tell by all the responses

New Visitor

Please bring BACK exercise TV! The new Fit workouts are boring. The Yoga programming was one of the main reasons we subscribe to compact. What's to stop us from switching to satellite now? Please bring it back!!!!

New Visitor
zoey2011

I agree, bring it all back or get something better!!  It is so boring and lame!  I went and ordered 2 Biggest Loser and Jillian Micheals DVD's.  Its to bad because Comcast is going to lose alot of customers...oh well!

New Visitor

Re: What Happened to Exercise TV?

I understand that  exercise tv is going out of buisness. Comcast should  have put some walking options up for those of us that walk. I used that weekly especially when it is cold outside! :smileysad:

Visitor

Well, I do agree that most of the new programs are boring and useless.  I did find one person I do like, Cathy Cyphers.  She has several workouts - the 40 minute cardio was good but too much for this old lady. She does however have a lower body workout that is only 12 minutes and is very doable - and she is in good shape so I will do hers for now.  I did like Chris Freytag and Leslie Sansone but I just need help to keep moving. 

Visitor

exercise tv

what happened to exercise tv, i am not happy with fitness workouts...  the other program was much more diverese, had more trainers to chooose from and better exercise classes.  fitness workouts has the same basic trainers and the programs are not as diverse.  i can't believe it doesn't even have a WALKING category in this day and age, shame on comcast.  most people i talk to who used exercise tv aren't happy with the new programing. 

please reconsider your move or is it contractual for years to come???

Visitor
jwooten

So dissappointing that Exercize Tv is no longer available.  I tried to order a workout on Amazon and it said that "due to licensing" it was no longer available.  Does anyone know what happened?  The new workouts OnDemand are BORING!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: exercise tv

its been posted numerous times that exercise tv went out of business but if you liked the workouts you can buy them on amazon.

New Visitor
debbie9703

Amazon sells Leslie Sansone. I bought two and they didn't cost that much. Better than using the ones on tv that I don't like

New Visitor
ls37

I loved excercise TV as well.  But don't bother changing to Verizon, they don't have it anymore either and their service can not compare to that of Comcast.  I had to leave Comcast due to pricing (my two year promotional time was up and I couldn't afford the new price).  But I can't wait to come back to Comcast.  When I signed up for Verizon in November, I asked specifically if they had Excercise TV.  Was told "Oh yes, we do".  I am sure they knew at that time they would be losing it, but of course didn't mention that.  That in itself is ridiculous, but with in the last two months I have had to return two DVR's to verizon, because they stopped working.  I have spent about 14 hours on the phone with them trying resolve issues and I still don't have service that is working properly.  I never had those troubles with Comcast.

Contributor
Amy_01

Just an FYI, collage video is a good place to shop for exercise videos.

http://www.collagevideo.com/ I was doing videos before I discovered extv, and I found them there, they have previous and are staff rated.

New Visitor
girlpoetus

Its not enough to hear "Exercise Tv" has stopped operations.  Normally a company will list why, is it due to bankruptcy?  Business not doing good?  YOu hear no mention of ANY of this.  Its strange and just plain disrespectful to millions of loyal viewers who were loyal to the trainers and the channel.

Im very angry and I dont appreciate the company at least giving us some type of explanation.  I want to know WHY it stopped business?

New Visitor
gorlin56

I too am disappointed by the absence of Exercise TV.  The replacement, Fitness is terrible.  The presenter's workouts are not well organized and very unprofessional both in the flow and in the filming. 

New Visitor
hicim705

Re: Exercise TV - Where did it go?

I didn't realize that Exercise TV was 'going away'.  I was surprised at the beginning of 2012 when I tuned in to walk with Leslie Sansone and found that she was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND!

I appreciate that they have Fitness TV as a replacement, but the variety is not as good as Exercise TV was.  Heck, we are paying TONS of $$$$$ to have Comcast. . .you would think that they would work for their customers to get a replacement that is comparable.

I really hope that the Comcast 'powers that be' scan this board and take their 'unhappy customers' into consideration.

New Visitor
LaLaG

I was so sad when I found out exercise TV was no longer available to view On Demand. I loved the Leslie Sansone walking workouts and I had just started the But Bible (the form editor wont let me use the word with 2 ts) and was planning to use this for my New Year’s weight loss plan.  

I defiantly don’t like what Comcast has put in as the replacement for Exercise TV. I was looking for an alternative online and found that GAIAM has just recently released its on TV site and maybe Comcast should pick them up instead. GAIAM does have a lot the workouts that where available on Exercise TV but you have to pay a monthly subscription to access them all.

:smileysad:Unfortunately GAIAM does not have the But Bible by Pauline Nordin if anyone knows where I can find the 3 disc set other than amazon.com please let me know.

Thanks

Contributor

I was happy to find Leslie Sansone Walking exercises a few months ago and I then bought her Walking 1 & 2 mile tapes.  But there are no more to see and preview before I buy them.  As a senior, I find I can't do the other workouts.  We seniors have been forgotten in the cardio or aerobic tapes.  How about some of Sansone's other exercise tapes to view?

New Visitor
sd127

The new Fitness programs are TERRIBLE! Please return to ExerciseTV on Demand or replace it with something similar, these new programs do not have as much variety, the instructors are not engaging and the worst thing is the workouts are TOO SHORT.  At the very least add more 20-30 minute programs in weights, cardio and yoga.

New Visitor
shenerose

There was a walking program, all the stuff on sports and fitness is to hard for elderly people. I liked the walking. Where can I find exercise tv.

New Visitor
jendeering

FYI... The replacement for Exercise TV is horrible!  It is not a satisfactory replacement.

New Visitor
BBored

I am sure that COMCAST has gotten the message by now.  And, as we can see, there has been no response or change.  I'll bet that is their 'answer'

New Visitor
robinestcor

COMCAST/INFINITY - BRING BACK EXERCISE TV --- FITNESS TV PROGRAMS ARE NOT EXCITING NOR MOTIVATING!!!! BRING BACK ALL THE GREAT EXERCISE TV!!!

New Visitor
robinestcor

PLEASE BRING BACK EXERCISE TV!!!

New Visitor
Dee3521

The new fitness programs offered onDemand are not half as good as they were when it was Exercise TV.  The trainers are not that great, and the routines are terrible.  I have done a few led by Jill Coleman, and I just can't get into them with her leading.  Bring back the old format with the old trainers.  This new direction is not flattering.

New Visitor
rybnole

Check out www.collagevideo.com.  Alot of the videos from Exercise TV can be purchased on this site.  Also, www.gaiamtv.com.  For $9.95 /month you can stream pretty decent workouts.

Finally, I agree.  The new workouts on comcast are lame.  I hope they look into another option sometime very soon.

New Visitor
vhdc00

I appreciate all of the links for people to BUY better quality workouts, but aren't we paying enough for cable TV already?  This was something I would use because I was already paying for the service anyway.

Contributor

The Leslie Sansone tapes are the one you are looking for and they just are not shown these days on On Demand Comcast.  I went on line and bought three more of her tapes and I found that Sam's Club has a full selection of her tapes, many including weight belts, and other exercise boosters.  The price is less at Sam's Club than online also.

Contributor

Thanks rybnole for your response.  I did purchase three more on line and bought one more at Sam's Club.:smileysilly:

Contributor

Shenerose, Go on line to buy or go to Sam's Club for a variety of Leslie Sansone's Walking Tapes.  They are great.  I am a senior and only could do the Walk One Mile but now I am doing the Walk Two Miles.  I am also going to add a belt around my waist.  These walking tapes are terrific if you need the slower pace.:smileywink:

Visitor

Is there anyway comcastLarry we could get the address to order our own walking videos

Contributor

Flobee55, I ordered them on line but you can call Collage Video 800-393-0555 or 763-571-5840 and ask them to send you their Collage Video Guide to Exercise Videos.  On Page 55 you will find all the videos shown.  If you want to mail them a request their address is 5390 Main St., NE, Minneapolis MN 55421-1128, USA. I highly recommend any of the Leslie Sansone videos.  She is I think the star of walking exercises.  I have five of hers and they are from beginners to intermediate for me, although I have an advanced too but I'm not there yet.  At 73 it may take until I'm 83 to be at the advanced:smileyhappy:  Best of Luck.

New Visitor

I agree, the new exercise programs are no where near the quality that Exercise t.v. had.   This was one of the reasons we have stayed with Comcast/Xfinity.  We are now looking at Verizon FIOS

New Visitor
veromartinez

OK, CAN SOMEONE LET ME IN ON WHATS GOING ON HERE?? NO MORE EXCERCISE TV?!?!?!?! EXCERCISE TV IS THE ONLY REASON I HAVE COMCAST 2 BEGIN WITH!!!! CAN WE AS CUSTOMERS GET A LITTLE MORE INFORMATION??? WE DESERVE ATLEAST THAT MUCH SINCE WE PAY AN ARM AND A LEG FOR YOUR SERVICES!

Visitor

MargoLynne, Thank you so much for the info, I will call on them. I as well have five of her videos.

(Leslie Sansone)I am so disappointed in comcast.Speaking of how young you are doing exercises, we don't need the intermedite I know I want to enjoy it, the beginner videos lets me do that , I ordered the catolog as I wrote this I thank you again. Flo 

New Visitor
zoey2011

Sorry to say, but Excercise TV is gone on Comcast!  I KNOW!!!  If you look back in all these postings you will see that we are told it went "under".  I guess years ago it was started by "body by Jake" and it seems to me it was a seperate entity and it just went under.  I HATE HATE the new fitness TV.  There is no one one it, just a bunch of NO NAMES and dull workouts.  So I went on Amazon and ordered some DVD's to work out by.

Sorry to give you that bad news.  Maybe order some of your favorite excercise videos??  Good Luck!

New Visitor
kwiat

What happened,they changed everything it is just horrible-I found Cathy Syphers exercises OK, but the rest it is painful to watch.These trainers are boring  they dont  move,it makes me sleepy to watch that garbage used to exercise with ExERCISE Tv all the time,now I don't want to waste my time.Dont bother trying to work out with them ,most likely you can burn more calories sitting on a couch eating bag of chips.Bring back the real trainers!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
Trapaloma

[ Edited ]
I agree that comcast should now begin to look into better exercise videos, but kudos for trying to have something available. Body by Jake decided to go into another direction effective immediately, whatever that means, and shut down exercisetv and their website. The article that I googled stated that all stations and advertisers were taken by surprise and have been scrambling to fill the void. I miss Chris Freytag! I've decided to buy it from qvc. I miss the workouts.
New Visitor
Tigerblast99

This just gets worse and worse...

I do not watch tv programs, my kids do.  I use the tv every morning just for the fitness offering and frankly it gets worse every week.  I liked the walking videos that are now all gone.  I then found the Gilad videos and got to where I liked them and now those are gone too.  The only personality worth using now is Mike Chang and all he has is a couple of ab videos.  What is up with this horrible management?

I use P90X at least 3 days a week and my Bowflex 4 days a week and I am enjoy the low impact videos that are quickly going away.  Nobody wants to workout with the crazy chick from Biggest Loser or the big steroid chick.. I injured myself trying her video and was embarassed to admit that I hurt myself trying to do the unsafe stuff in her videos.  That's funny when you think that P90X doesnt make me sore and this chick made my shoulder hurt for over a week.

My wife bought a Leslie Sansone video at Walmart and I really am debating buying a couple more and reducing our cable offering... kids can find something to watch with less channels and Comcast doesnt act like they want our business

New Visitor
weary44

Yes, I HATE the new exercises Comcast is providing...I was doing SO GOOD losing weight because I WANTED to workout with EXERCISE TV...But now I haven't used it for over 2 mos... :smileysad:   The workouts are BORING and the HOSTS are BORING!  NO challenging and NO WALKING video choices, they are just too hard and boring...PLEASE TRY AND BRING EXERCISE TV BACK!!!!

I used to really be motivated, but now, I'm NOT.....THANKS ALOT COMCAST... I will be trying to get some OTHER cable network..YOU SUCK!

New Visitor
kmsteph

I am so sad exercise TV is gone.  The replacement is horrible.  Hate it.  I used exercise TV alot.  This needs to be brought back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!