New Visitor
weary44

Re: EXERCISE TV

I agree PLEASE COMCAST bring back our WORKOUTS!!!!!!! I used to LOVE to workout,now I have gained 4 lbs as I don't like the new stuff AT ALL !!!!

IT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!

New Visitor
melibra

Re: FITNESS WORKOUTS

I totally agree!!  While it has taken some time to become familiar with the current programs, I have to say that I really enjoy them!  Robert Jones and Cathy Syphers are two of my favorite.  Change is invetible...

Visitor

They are such amateurs on the new fitness channel.  Such a shame.  I can't believe how the instructors stop and talk during the workout.  Not worth the time.  I too lost 13 lbs on exercise TV last summer.  I really miss it!

New Visitor
williah89

ATTENTION ALL! So I just went ondemand last night to start working out again and didn't even know about the whole "no more Exercise TV" thing. This totally made me so sad and disappointed. All the workouts dont look as good as the others.

HOWEVER! Just searched Exercisetv and they have some of the exercise tv workouts on HULU. Sadly no full length Jillian Michaels workouts, which I loved...but there are some of the other workouts on there.

I don't really watch cable that much...and for some reason every few months my bill keeps going up little by little. Can't wait to move so I don't have to keep giving Comcast my money..especially since I only used ondemand for Exercise TV and the occasional show/movie watching.

So disappointed....Comcast made a big mistake.

Hope this helps some of you find the workouts that you like!:smileyhappy:

New Visitor
SarahinVA

Re: FITNESS WORKOUTS

I too have become a fan of Robert Jones and Cathy Syphers since this new change to comcast.   Unfortunately, I haven't had much luck finding either of them anywhere but these Comcast on Demand things.

Visitor

I have no issue with change.  In fact changing your workouts is better for weightloss and results.  The Fitness TV instructors should not be stopping during the session to talk .  It takes time out of the workout and breaks up the rhythm.  I did 4 workouts (10 mins) on the UTUBE Befit channel yesterday. Befit has many of the instructors that were on Exercise TV.  I really liked the workouts.  Give it a try!  Exercise TV is shutdown.  No chance they are coming back!

New Visitor
specplace

Feel rather sad and very disappointed with Comcast/Xfinity TV taking away our exercise program OnDemand.  It is one of the few things I watch regularly:smileygrin:

Just want to know if my bill will go down since you will be taking away something I am paying for.  i guess I now have to look into Verizon once again.

Very, very disappointed with the company.

New Visitor
fitnessfury

It seems many who are angry by the change are uninformed and not reading all the posts. ExerciseTV went under and with little notice. Comcast did not have much time to replace the content and is not allowed to use any of the content on ExerciseTV or even any of the talent associated with it.

As one of the new fitness instructors on the Fitness Workouts program, I can tell you, those of us who were hired by Comcast had very little preparation time for the videos we shot (versus highly paid pros like Jillian) and often, shot many videos in one day or several days in a row. Which is exhausting! Comcast is working on listening to your concerns and opinions to improve the programming. But bear in mind, ExerciseTV was in the business of nothing but fitness programming! If they didn't get that right (which apparently they didn't do so hot in the end) then they wouldn't have had an enterprise. The current programming had to be quickly shot, edited, and programmed, and everyone hustled as best they could so there was no lapse in available workouts. I think everyone gets that these workouts are not of the same professional ilk as what you found before, but we are all real trainers in the real industry, and being "performers" is a new experience that we all hopefully improve upon.

I'd love to hear what people would like to see more of....I get that the pauses to talk are interruptive. All I can say is, we don't get the same editing flexibility as someone like Denise Austin who can say "cut" when she loses her breath.  Hopefully with time, those kinks will work themselves out a bit better.

They did recently complete a walking series which I see many people were missing. I'd like to know what else folks would be interested in?

Visitor
jwooten

Thanks so very much for your very informative answer.  I was very dissappointed when Exercize TV dropped out so abruptly.  It is nice to know that relacement prrogramming is being improved and revised as time (and input!) permits.

For myself, I enjoy the yoga and pilates segments that offer different levels of modifications.  There are days when I feel that I can push myself and other days when I need to be a bit gentler.  Like many others, I find that I have favorite instructors, but I recognize that my preferences aren't the same as others'. And a variety of programs and instructors helps with boredom.

Looking forward to seeing the improvements!  And thanks again for you response!

Visitor

I had not heard about Exercise TV being discontinued, which explains the lack of options I have found recently On-Demand.  Your explanation makes sense and I appreciate your time and assistance. Is there anything viewers can do to get it back?  Would make sense to send a notification out to subscribers of this change.

New Visitor
SarahinVA

Hi Fitness Fury!

Thank you very much for your answer/explanation.   For myself, I have tried many of the newer excercize routines, and have actually found them to be very good.   I really appreciate these newer instructors and would love to see more of them.  

One thing I would like to see more of is weight workouts--I know there is a segment called "workout with weights"  but I would like to see workouts that use different weights for different excercizes--as opposed to just one weight for the entire video...

I'm glad to read that there will be a walking video coming!

Thanks!

Sarah

New Visitor
fitnessfury

Hi  Sarah, (and everyone else)

Did you try the Personal Training tab? If not, give it a look and let me know what you think. Someone else asked if they're getting ExerciseTV back...nope, it's gone to dust. Sorry!

Visitor

Check out BeFit on utube.  It is much better than what Comcast is offering.  The instructors on the Fitness channel need to learn not to keep stopping the workouts.  The pause lowers your heart rate and diminishes the benefit of the workout.  I don't mind amateurs but I hardly break a sweat .  There are no high intensity workouts and in my opinion it is a waste of time.

New Visitor
SarahinVA

No, I had not tried the Personal Training tab before.   I tried it this morning, and YES!  that is more what I was looking for! :smileyhappy:   I did Chest/Tri and Upper Body and I really liked the variety of weights used!   Also liked the inverted push up move--I'd never seen that before!   I look forward to trying more of these, thanks! :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
pampie63

Exercise TV

HATE the new exercise On Demand programs! Amateur to say the least! Haven't found one that I enjoy! Please bring back the professionals!

New Visitor
stork72

Exercise TV dvd's are available on amazon.com, I have ordered a few from some of my favorite trainers.

Some of the on demand trainers now on xfinity are good, I like Cathy Syphers a lot. The menu makes it easy to find what i am looking for as far as time or what type of workout i am looking for. I was about to order a set of videos from beach body, but i decided to use some of these workouts first, why pay for something more when these are right at my fingertips. Cathy Syphers 40 min cardio burn is great!

New Visitor
missingleslie

I am very disappointed that Leslie Sansone is no longer on Exercise TV.  She has been replaced Kendra Kemerly.  I do not like her style of walking at all.  She is more of a dance instructor.  I really enjoyed walking with Leslie, it was so easy just to go to the channel.  Unfortunately, I will not be using Exercise TV unless Leslie Sansone is put back on.  Thank you.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

This thread is now locked and has run it's course.

It is not Comcast's issue the Exercise TV went out of business.