New Visitor
vjvilkas

Error Code &

Hello - I recently (about a month ago) got a new cable box. I set it up according to the directions, had Comcast check it and they said the signal was good. When I pressed the "On Demand" button on the remote, however, I got Error Code 7. I spoke with a Comcast person 3 seperate times that day and the next. They said a I would have to have someone come to the house. But I've been in the hospital since. Now that I'm home I'd really like to use this TV. I have On Demand in another room and it works fine so I'm wondering what the problem is and if someone can help me do this myself. Thank you so much. V

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Error Code 7

The Comcast forum administrator has been informed, and may be able to assist you Monday.  See this thread for a similar problem he helped with.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: Error Code &

vjvilkas wrote:

Hello - I recently (about a month ago) got a new cable box. I set it up according to the directions, had Comcast check it and they said the signal was good. When I pressed the "On Demand" button on the remote, however, I got Error Code 7. I spoke with a Comcast person 3 seperate times that day and the next. They said a I would have to have someone come to the house. But I've been in the hospital since. Now that I'm home I'd really like to use this TV. I have On Demand in another room and it works fine so I'm wondering what the problem is and if someone can help me do this myself. Thank you so much. V

Error 7 does not require a technician's visit unless troubleshooting doesn't resolve the problem.  Did the agent troubleshooting with you advise you to powercycle the converter? Please review this link and follow the troubleshooting steps - http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Video-On-Demand/Video-On-Demand-Troubleshooting/td-p/864609

Please let us know if this works for you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin