New Visitor
Exnewmex
Accepted Solution

Fraudulent charges for movies not ordered

Every month I have to make sure to check what movies I have been charged for. In the last 10 months I have charged for a dozen movies not ordered. At first I didn't notice, but when I did I went back and looked at previous bills and found that it was a recurring problem. Comcast tells me it can't happen. I know it did. And if you look at message boards, I'm not the only one it's happening to. I am sick of paying for things I didn't order or get. I plan to contact my franchise authority, but I have no confidence that anything will be done. At this point, it seems the only answer is to cancel my account. How does Comcast get away with this?

Official Employee
ComcastTeds

Re: Fraudulent charges for movies not ordered

Have you been able to set up a PIN code on each cable box? That may help to prevent this from occurring in the future. A 4-digit PIN code would need to be entered before any purchase could be made.

Here are the details on how to do that:

http://por-chr.cimcontent.net/ui/pdf/meetyourguide/MO_A28_A25-S25_PC_1010.pdf

New Visitor
Exnewmex

I already put a pin number on it and it continues to happen. When I talked to Comcast today, they told me they can see all the movies I've ordered even if there is no charge so I asked what was the most recent one. I was told that a kids movie was ordered the day before yesterday in the middle of the work day when I was not at home. How do you explain that? It's about time Comcast took some responsibility for this problem and stopped either calling their customers liars or acting like they are too stupid to know how to put a pin on the box. It appears the only answer is to cancel my service as Comcast seems to have no interest in solving this mystery, whether it is mine or the many others who have experienced the same prolem.

Official Employee
ComcastSteve

Send me some account info via email and I'll take a look into it.

- Name:
- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:
- Address:

Steve Teow

Official Employee
ComcastTeds