New Visitor
kj1954

Free movies

Was told by Comcast support that Free Movies On Demand is no longer available.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: Free movies

[ Edited ]

There are still low quality free movies online on the connect tab, I don't have a tv infront of me to see if it works on a cable box.  Free movies is in the menu last time I looked.  If you have preferred you also get movieplex movies, encore movies and more stuff free.  To get lots  of movies cheap, people subscribe to netflix, people who buy lots of stuff from amazon get amazon prime that has some free movies as well as free 2 day shipping on most things.

Regular Contributor

Just noticed this the other day. There was still a "Free Movies" tab, but there are now a whole bunch of dollar signs listed for a lot of movies. Makes no sense..

New Visitor
ppnj4

I just had the same experience. I went to the Free Movies section (now buried on the second page of the giude list) and EVERY single "free" movie requires me to buy a subscription. I chatted with a Comcast Chat agent who's response was this: 

"Gee: Comcast did not change anything.

Gee: On Demand content is determined not by Comcast but by the various networks that broadcasts those programs. These networks are the ones who determine which programming offerings they would like to make available in On Demand."

Acording to the chat agent it was the networks that determined the movies that are free...I thought this was weird, given that they were in the Free catagory and when I questioned this further they disconnected the chat. So, I called Comcast and the live agent told me that this was the way they locked out accounts until past due amounts were brought current...that's unusual for omast, usually they block purchases, not free movies, but it makes sense.

Regular Contributor

I would say that's a big, fat lie, as my account has not been late....not that I'm shocked you were told that. Nothing about Comcast surprises me anymore.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

AlsoDisgusted wrote:

Just noticed this the other day. There was still a "Free Movies" tab, but there are now a whole bunch of dollar signs listed for a lot of movies. Makes no sense..

More than likely depends on the package you subscribe to and the channels that go into it.  The bigger the package the more channels are part of it the more movies and other things are included in it (with no extra cost, thus essentially "free" for that package).

Regular Contributor

I haven't changed packages.  Any movie in the "Free Movies" section should be free to all, in my opinion.

New Visitor
rnsbreeze

What a rip off, how can comcast charge for "Free" movies?  Maybe I should change to U-verse?

New Visitor
tbbury

Hannibal on NBC isn't even a movie, it's a TV series and Comcast is charging $2.99 an episode because it's "out of season". (??)