New Visitor
jea119

ON DEMAND - Error 14

When is the On Demand - Error 14 - going to be fixed - works one day then not the next - getting annoying!

New Visitor
bkoates

Re: ON DEMAND - Error 14

I am extremely frustrated with this Error 14 message. After repeatedly having signals sent to my box from tech support and even a brand new cable box replacement sent to try to remedy the situation, I am still left with an Error 14 code when I try to access On Demand. Tonight, however, for the first time, a rep advised me that Error 14 was a low communication error to my box because my bill is past due. He further stated that if he sent a signal to my box, it may or may not work, because my bill is past due. I advised him that if Error 14 was due to my bill being past due, then why would I need to have my box replaced for this issue? He answered that the box did not need to be replaced. Wow. I'm wondering if this is true. I really don't think so. I had the rep resend a signal anyway and of course it didn't work. Not sure if he sent the signal or not because I did not see any kind of change to my screen when this signal was supposedly sent. Oh well. Gotta love Comcast (dis)service.

New Visitor
krondelock

Re: ON DEMAND - Error 14

I to am getting error 14.  I swapped my box yesterday for an unrelated issue to VOD as it was working fine with that box.  Brought new box home, old issue fixed, but now no VOD with Err14.  I rebooted and power cycled a few times, no joy.  Was online with chat who did the same from their end, no joy.  In the box diag screens (with box off and TV on, press and hold pause button until message light blinks, press page up button and diag screens come up) on the first screen, it says my box is initialized for B'Cast (Broadcast) and not 2-way as I believe it should be.  The err14 I believe means it is not communicating back to the server it's requests.  So, how do I go about fixing this without yet another box swap (this is about my 4th or so in a year for various reasons as well as having had a tech out?