New Visitor
a3alston

On Demand Error 14

Unable to get to On Demand, it continues to give Error 14.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: On Demand Error 14

Usually this is caused by a lack of communication between the box and the head end. This can usually be solved by unplugging the power from the box for a full minute and plugging it back in. If that doesn't work call comcast it also can be cause by not having the on demand codes added to your account.

Regular Contributor
randallrivy11x

have them check and see if its on the right outlet

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

the outlet the box is run from does not mean anything you can move it around to any outlet in your home. 

New Visitor
sandinthebed

This problem has been ongoing.  Talked with Comcast three times today plus a supervisor.  Also tried automated system.  I see by the forum that is issue is consumer wide.  

New Visitor
ams123

Just had comcast installed today and yes.... error 14 on demand.

1. Unscrew the metal cover on the back of the HD box.

2. Pull out the cisco card

3. Insert it again

4. Re-start your hd box by unplugging it for 30sec

Enjoy on-demand service

New Visitor
MegKev

This error started popping up recently - no On Demand available.

Customer Service said they beleive it to be a construction issue, however the rest (internet and non demand TV) is fine.

Argh...

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

I had the error 14 no on demand as well. After surfing the message boards one of the things that I kept seeing was bad signal due to coax cable or splitter. I discovered that I was indeed using a splitter, one cable going to box one going to television. I disconnected the splitter and ran one cable directly to box. Problem fixed., on demand came right up no problem. I threw the splitter in the trash :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
RONFHI

We recently had a recurring problem with our internet dropping out and then recycling itself back in over and over again.  The technician came out and ran his tests.  He said the only thing that showed up was that one of our TV's had a loose connection which would put noise in the line so he tightened everything up and the internet started working again.  (Can't wait to see that bill.)  Anyway, that evening we noticed that On Demand was no longer working (Error 14).  Repeated attempts by the customer service people to restore the service over the phone were unsuccessful.  We now have an appointment scheduled for another technician to come out and see what he/she can screw up.  If things are not working after that visit we will be switching to another provider.