New Visitor
laurajames22

On Demand FREE MOVIES category gone

When I clik 1 and On Demand menu comes up, I no longer have a FREE MOVIES choice. What's up with that, where do I go on my TV to access 'free' On Demand movies now. laurajames22 Tues 4-2-13 1:45 pm CST

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: On Demand FREE MOVIES category gone

on my menu it is now on the second page. 

New Visitor
bn36

on demand free movies

Am I correct in noticing that comcast/xfinity no longer offers free movies on demand?  When did they stop this service?

New Visitor
sootydan

Re: on demand free movies

I can't get a difinitive answer from service, they just keep asking me if i want ADD on demand, as of now it seems theyve removed the free movies, another downgrade of my services. no explanation, no noticves and you cant find what you have on their website

New Visitor
sootydan

It is on the second page but you have to have some sort of subscription to watch any"free" movies now 6-04-2013, so free to comcast means you have to pay for it.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

sootydan wrote:

It is on the second page but you have to have some sort of subscription to watch any"free" movies now 6-04-2013, so free to comcast means you have to pay for it.

It sounds like you have to have a subscription to a package that includes the channel that is related to a particular free movie.  Possibly something new that was recently implemented.  Or, perhaps it's actually something that shouldn't be there and is an error of some sort that will hopefully be corrected soon.

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

New Visitor
jsams20

Huh? You just linked to this exact thread.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

[ Edited ]

The On Demand Free movies are not available with digital economy tier . I was told by comcast CSR there was a coding mistake and now that has been corrected . So in the future I will not be receiving the Free Movies in the On Demand Free movie section .

New Visitor
Minnehaha_Falls

This affirms what I suspected when I could no longer find the 'Free Movies' selection.  Comcast gives me less and less that I want to watch on tv - and the extra charge for everything is getting excessive.  I'm not that hooked on tv that I wouldn't just CANCEL them. You have to retaliate by hitting their revenue.   Time to shop the dishes, I guess...

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

jsams20 wrote:

Huh? You just linked to this exact thread.

I made a reply to a separate thread which then got merged into the one I mentioned in my reply (although my reply wasn't removed at that point).

Regular Problem Solver
C_DM

Minnehaha_Falls wrote:

This affirms what I suspected when I could no longer find the 'Free Movies' selection.  Comcast gives me less and less that I want to watch on tv - and the extra charge for everything is getting excessive.  I'm not that hooked on tv that I wouldn't just CANCEL them. You have to retaliate by hitting their revenue.   Time to shop the dishes, I guess...

So you see no "Free Movies" section no matter which page of On Demand you go to (given that there are usually multiple pages of different sections)?

New Visitor
Amadrid

Can they do this? I mean, they found a way to, but it's just not right. On demand is supposed to be included with any package. It was part of what I was told my package would include. So while, yes I still have "on demand" I no longer have access to view anything of substance. The "Free" movies are only free with a subscription...funny how our ideas of free aren't quite the same as comcast's. I can't believe they found a way to get away with something so shady. Makes me sad because I would always support and choose them over any other service. Such a shame they treat their customers this way.
New Visitor
sandyt_524

I agree.  When I signed the two-year contract, I had free movies OnDemand. Now I don't.  Ugh!  TV Sucks inbetween seasons...now I don't even get the option to watch B-rated free movies OnDemand.

Contributor
BionicLungs

I too thought I had lost the 'free movies' section, but for me it's under 'movies' which is on the first page of Xfinity On Demand.  Once you click on the 'movies' bucket/folder, head to the 2nd page and you should see 'free movies' on the 'right' side of the page below 'comedy specials'

Of course everyone's Xfinity On Demand menu might be different, but that's what mine looks like as of this typing.

Hope this helps.

New Visitor
Sreferee

Excellent! Verified you're 100% right. Go to movies, then to 2nd page and vwala FREE MOViES category!!!!!
Thanks Man
Contributor
BionicLungs

@ Sreferee-

You're welcome, and at times if you can't find it, just scroll down that same menu.  Sometimes the 'free movies' category does move around a bit.