New Visitor
trevorhale138

On Demand Not Updating?

The entire time I've had Comcast/Xfinity, I've been able to watch most shows the next day through On Demand.

Recently, I've started doing that with Breaking Bad and Curb Your Enthusiasm, and they're usually up the day after they air.

Now neither of the newest episodes are up and Entourage is missing altogether. Is there a reason for this? Anyone else curious why the switch?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: On Demand Not Updating?

I just checked mine and I have entourage season 8 #2 there.  This does vary by market though.  If you live in a large metro area you get better selections.  you can always call in to check

Contributor
DrSatchmoe

When calling Comcast, they will tell you its by channel, that the Channel itself is supposed to update. So if it is in one area and not another, is it the Channel not updating? To my Understanding, if there is an ABC on the West coast its also on the East? Right, only difference is time. Starz is Starz, HBO is HBO, so why again would it matter about area? Why would that make it so my Aunt in NY gets a show the next day, but Me In CA or where ever, Not get, it if its by channel or station?  

New Visitor
SLCer

[ Edited ]

I've had this same issue! I'm in Salt Lake City and I've noticed that a ton of shows that updated at certain times haven't updated this past week. The last updates are from July 24-25 and nothing since. 

This includes HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm, Showtime's Weeds & The Big C - which, up until this week, had updated the night it originally aired.  

Now, though? Nothing. Curb aired on Sunday night and it's now Tuesday and it's yet to be added to my On Demand. I also have noticed CBS isn't updating their shows, either. 

It's really, really frustrating and I don't know what to do.

New Visitor
trevorhale138

Same thing with me. I'm in SLC and the only reason I still have Comcast is because of the On Demand feature. Now they're taking that away? 

Good thing my service contract expires at the end of the month.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

remember comast is operated by local franchises its up to the local franchise to get that done.  So even though hbo is hbo I might get a show here quick and you might not.  did you call in and ask what the story is?  You can also watch it online or on your smartphone if you have the app. 

Visitor

I live in Ogden and I am not getting updates either the last week of any kind was July 18-24. Then all of the sudden nothing. Shows keep disappearing but no new ones. It is very frustrating. And my app for my I-pad for xfinity isn't updating shows either, or the app for my smartphone. And as it being channel by channel none of the channels are updating, well like I said the only "updating" is shows keep disappearing. So you can't keep up on shows unless you DVR them but you can't DVR all the shows you want to see. Oh and it's not like Comcast is exactly easy on your pocket book...customer service...what a joke.
Contributor
DrSatchmoe

And that there is the problem. If it is based on the smaller sub-comcasts in each area to update, who is holding them accountable when the job is not getting done? Everytime I call, someone passes the buck. No one is taking responsibility for errors that occur with every update. Its a wonder right now that they are able to hold on to Network contracts. Too many hands in the pot and not enough leaders telling them its hot.  I get it, human errors happen. You can't make everyone happy, this is a give in... but small errors can be minimized if they had strong leaders. There is no excuse for 3 different episodes to be labeled the EXACT same, except someone just being lazy. There is no reason, that HD will not update for 2 weeks, but SD is right on the money or vice versa. There certainly is no reason that a movie is advertised as "available to rent same day as DVD" but that day comes and goes weeks upon weeks and it wouldn't be there. I really think if the company really truly believes in customer service and wants to make a difference, they will in fact take a long hard look at management issues going on. Set up some accountability. THere are plenty of people looking for Jobs if they can't find a solution for current management.  

New Visitor
crawtr03

I am located in the western suburbs of Chicago.  I have not had any On Demand updates in two weeks. This ridiculous.  The networks state that they are updating the shows the day after they air and none of them have done so.  This makes me believe that it is something wrong with Comcast/Xfinity.