Visitor
cerebus420

On Demand Problems

Have had Comcast forever, but have never been able to use On Demand on my main set. The other TV with a standard cable box works intermittently but sometimes requires a "unplug for 30 second reset." Have had countless techs, multiple box upgrades, and even a complete re-wire, but still only get the preview window doubled on the screen and not even the "one moment while comcast accesses on demand" screen. Don't know what the problem is, and I'm frustrated after all the troubleshooting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: On Demand Problems

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your On Demand with the one box, perhaps it's a account issue.  Do you get any error codes?

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

Make sure your F connectors are snug at the back of the box, at the wall outlet, and make sure you are not routing your coax through any AC surge protector strip coax ports.

Visitor
cerebus420

Just got an update over the dvr... got a new guide, new options menu, and cool new graphics, but when I tried On Demand, it came up with "ERROR 14." Don't know what it means, but I appreciate the update anyway. Thanks, any other help will be greatly appreciated. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

The error 14 is a new error code that no one knows yet what it is, so I'd say start by power cycling the box, and see if it all comes back. 

If not, then please call Comcast support for what would be the next step to take. 

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi there - I've gotten this escalated to our Regional office to look into this further.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Visitor
cerebus420

Thank you for moving it up the chain... got a letter from Comcast Corporate Escalations saying to call them because they couldn't get a hold of me... not that anyone called or left me a message. Still can't figure out "error 14" & really don't want to go through the whole sending a tech out, replacing the box, complete re-wire rigamarole. Also, this new update is terrible, can't record out to my DVD recorder, can't schedule recording of programs easily and the new guide is pretty horrible. Also it seems like my cable surfboard is malfunctioning pretty regularly, might just need to replace it (only the first time I've had problems with internet.) Thanks for the help.