New Visitor
Alsmith987

On Demand error cl-0x000f

Received error code cl-0x000f while trying to access on demand. Tried to reset box an did not work. I spoke to customer service and they sent a signal to the box. It took almost 5 minutes but the signal they sent worked. Just wanted to help people in their search!!
New Visitor
sfowler1414

Re: On Demand error cl-0x000f

I receive this error all the time.  Sometimes the reset works.  Not all the time. I am finally going to have a tech come out to the house.  I think there must be a loose connection somewhere.  It doesn't make sense that the tv works and the tv listing. Just the on demand doesn't work.  Very frustrating.  I now have Comcast on speed dial and have memorized my serial number.   Seriously thinking of switching to Direct TV..

New Visitor
sjmccla

The On Demand error that you see on your screen indicates a weak or degraded signal going into the Set Top Box. This error message is generated when there is a loose or bad connection going from the wall jack to the back of the cable box.

New Visitor
LowTJ94

Same problem. Just got cable and internet and i got the code. Dont know how to fix. Any ideas? I'll try a reset but how do i do it is the quesiton.

Regular Contributor

I started getting this same error a few months ago.  After more than 10 years without a problem, and without ever touching any of my cables, somehow I suddenly have a loose connection?  I don't think so.  But after checking them anyway, as well as numerous box resets, the ignorant phone support lady suggested I get another box - which I did, and guess what?  On Demand still wasn't working!  So I called and scheduled an appoinment for service, and right after I hung up the phone I tried On Demand again, and all of a sudden it works.  Now tell me that's just a coincidence.  I am positive it has something to do with how much signal strength they are sending to your house.  So here it is a month after getting my new box, and now it's not working AGAIN.  I am getting really SICK OF THIS BS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor
Uster202

don't worry my friend. Google Fiber will be here sooner than later and Comcast will no longer be a worry it will be a has been.
plus you will also get to go out to dinner more times a month than you do now. What Comcast charges $500 for the absolute top tier with unlimited DVR recording YES on limited every single channel available more so than even Comcast Offers as a top here $120. TOTAK PER MONTH.
1 gigabyte upstream one gigabyte downstream.
the chains of oppression that comcast has jailed you in will no longer be its called free market capitalism not this BS franchise model which is nothing bute monopoly
Contributor
Uster202

************FALSE WRONG ANSWER; RED CARD************
HOW AM I 10000000% POSITIVE????? WRONG????
I am currently the proud possession of not one not twibut three Comcast hunk of the garbage

god only knows Comcast changes their model number in all the time, however what was called a 3400 DCX work fairly well and told the flat panel because the 3400 can't handle the sound signal. You wanna know how I am 1000 percent positive. Because the LG tech came out he said luck here's the diagnostic screen this 100 percent bypasses the box it is 100 percent in 5 to TV listen its beautiful something incorrect I said yes sir absolutely he says therefore with surpreme confidence you can tell Comcast their box is busted K so you guys send me what everybody drools over the RNG 200N....box number one we have no registration aunt can't take a signal guess what I even use the brand new fancy dancy tables it came with so what does that mean it was screwed and tighter than tighter can be..RNG 200N #1..and yes I'm technology savvy enough to go into the heading menu enough Breaking box was not sending out signals it wasn't talking to the head end clearly you must be a Comcast employees so I put hope to god you understand head and.
throw the fancy dancy RNG and the trash hook back up the 3400 turn the volume the 45 but I still got picture and sound barely sound but I got sound.
so what does that tell you genius there's not coax l problems
as I sit here RNG number 2.....I get the error code as part of this thread.
oh and just so you can't say I didn't try hard enough I even took the cables from the 3400 box put them on the new box twisted them tighter than pipe can beI sit here looking at a not authorize screen for a channel I watch daily, and when I try to go to on demand CL-0x000f.

*************AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD**********
anyone that instructs you cue track every connection inside your house is an absolute 100 percent mouth breathing sub-100 IQ moron.
the only reason necessary to do that would indicate that the system would be a closed loop the fifth the loop were broken it needed re- inserted

coaxial cable inside the home does not depend upon an endless loop around the house dear God for the love of God who was giving out that kind of information
Contributor
Uster202

therefore nightwolf is 1000 percent correct. I am so sick and tired of dealing with some SUB-one hundred IQ Comcast employees...it is beyond even what McDonalds would employ.

and for the love of God if I have another Comcast employees say I'll send a premuse tech to my million dollar condo that is less than three years old The fiber in this building is "newer" than the clothing she is wearing.

I'll go all day long with Comcast, send a pumice text but lets go all in. You find any wiring problem inside the wall I'll pay triple my cable bill monthly you find nothing inside the wall I get cable for free forLIFE...well untul I ger GOIGLE.
Contributor
Uster202

Nightwolf....if you would like to see for yourself what is going on under the hood with your signal.perform the following,
1st-turn to any channel...lets say 101----does not matter if you subscribe to it or not bear with me.
2nd-Press
Menu, Menu,
Scroll to "Setup"--click ok
Scrill to "Cable Box Setup"---click it
Scroll down to 'Configuration: Select to displat"--click ir

you should see a blue screen and it will say review configuration.

NOW--USE THE *FAV* button to scroll other diags.
Apology...not sure how many presses.. one screen will show your BIX IP ADDRESS

will have "node' terms....TAH DAH....because my box cant get an ip...its 169.......
Just like internet has an IP addy.

All zeros? No signal....SINCE YOU HAVE BEEN UP IN RHE PAST WITH BOX...should have last up time.

Now for your signal strength.
Click the POWER BUTTON...(not the red "all on")...the black power button on remote..AS SOON AS IT TURNS OFF CLICK THE RED IK$SELECT
You will see a white/ black ketter screen
TOP WILL SAY DIAGNOSRICS

FYI-if you see a " General Status" at top...its ok...its a tiggle screen...click ok...back to "Diagnostics"

If you are curious...in General Stats.. Thise are called Hex..for short tech slang...or Hexadecimal
Inly use for programmer....anyway...

Scroll down to d07.....click Ok
This shows modem strength...ie..signal you are "asking for" and "actual"...should be 40dB
Some ppl will try to push you off with 30-40 accept..NO!!!
You want 40....Peruod. you have nice HD TV spent hard $$$$$ on, 40!!!!

Toggle out of screen with ok button.

Finally...as goofy as this may sound---not NEARLY AS check all coax in house *shaking my head&
Since tou said 10-years. Only reason why.
If you are plugging box into a surge protector....plug into wall

An aged surge.. could block FULL JUICE. which box needs
Plug direct to wall...it is COMCAST OWNED EQUIPMENT...THEY FOUGHT CONGRESS TO ALLOW TO CHARGE YOU RENTAL *AND NOT ALLOW YOU FREEDOM TO BUY YOUR OWN BOX*---

Not your responsibility to take plug parking protect box from melting......they dont want your best interest...why have theirs?

There you go...I bet more tech info rhan in 10-Years!!!
Try premuse tech nonesense on you say juice me to 40dB....call ya in 48 hrs

By the way, you have seen premise techs work?
You pay $$$$ for dude to look at EXACTLY what I taught you.
Notice, he then makes call...reports diag code...dude ar central..pop key stroke bam done..RACKETT!!

New Visitor
Bamafan736

I was having the same problem.  Although all my connections were tight, I noticed when I moved one cable it caused the screen to flicker.  It was one of those high tec cables from "Big Lots". LOL  Anyway I replaced the cable and it fixed the problem and everything works fine now.   Hope this helps.

New Visitor
slausboss

Thank you all for your input.  It was extremely helpful!  

In all fairness to the "techs" you speak with, they have the information they have been given.  If they don't have all of the answers, it is more due to poor training.  I think everyone should serve in some form in the service industry at some point in their lives.  

Sorry for the rant.  

Visitor

"It doesn't make sense that the tv works and the tv listing" Everything you just mentioned works on a different QAMs (or frequency) this is why you get people that can see all of their channels but only get "to be announced" in the guide. but then you get people who have tiled (or pixalating) but their VOD works and the guides continues to update

Contributor
Ty7796

[ Edited ]

I just got installed yesterday. I have 3 boxes: 2 Digital and 1 Any Room DVR (I wasn't home for install - They forgot to install the X1 box so they're coming back out in 3 days to do that). Anyways, the 2 Digital boxes access VOD with no problems at all, however the Any Room DVR box will not connect. I worked with a tech who tried sending the strongest signal possible -- no go. So he had me connect my box to another TV and replace it with a box that can access VOD -- still no go. Last resort was to get a new box which is what I did right away. I get it home, connect and activate it and guess what... I still cannot connect to VOD!! This is rediculous. I'm starting to think that this Any Room DVR box NEEDS the X1 Digital Cable Box to work properly or something. 

The box has been plugged into a surge protector and directly into the wall. It's also had different coaxial cables attached -- Still no VOD! 

Official Employee

I'm guessing that if you were supposed to get x1 and got something else instead it might very well be a rate issue on that box. Is there an error message when you try on demand
Contributor
Ty7796

Yes there is an error code -- CL-0x000f. It's the only box that will not load VOD. I have 2 Digital boxes which load VOD with no problem at all. Even if I disconnect one of those boxes and replace it with the Any Room DVR box, it still will not load VOD. 

It's not that I got something in place of the X1, they just forgot to install the X1 Digital Box... but they'll be fixing that Monday evening. I just wish I knew why this particular box refuses to load VOD no matter what. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

sjmccla wrote:

The On Demand error that you see on your screen indicates a weak or degraded signal going into the Set Top Box. This error message is generated when there is a loose or bad connection going from the wall jack to the back of the cable box.

Not necessarily.

New Visitor
JMK1215

Nope... Not the case.  No loose connections anywhere in the house (as if that is surprising).  I have two boxes and both show the same error.  I am guessing its a weak signal from the node to the house...  Unfortunately, the customer service folks refuse to send a tech to the node without first checking all the connections in my home!  Its bogus! 

I have had no less than 5 service issues in the past year and each time... its a problem at the node.

You'd think that they would track these things and recognize patterns in technological failiures.  Its driving me crazy.

New Visitor

I had the same problem not getting into Ondemand and having those error codes. Comcast sent a reset signal to my boxes that did not work.Then they wanted me to swap out my boxes but how can two boxes fail at the same time... It had to be something else that is common. I went to the junction box outside where the Mai. Cable came in I clean out the inside as it was very bug infested and tighten all the cable. That fixed my problem. No more error code and ondemand works now.
New Visitor
profile63

After having this error code they sent a signal fixed the problem for about a hour. 0-X000F). Tired of comcast  . Think it is time for a change.

Alsmith987 wrote:
Received error code cl-0x000f while trying to access on demand. Tried to reset box an did not work. I spoke to customer service and they sent a signal to the box. It took almost 5 minutes but the signal they sent worked. Just wanted to help people in their search!!

New Visitor
skylane807

Uster202,

Thank you for putting up that info.

It saved me a lot of time.

New service here with the old cable box.

I got the Guide menu up just fine but no channels coming on.

After reading your info, the word "unsubscribed" anwered my questions.

I called comcast tech support (1-800-comcast).  A well spoken man in the Phillipines,

who recently faired well through the hurricane.

The old box was not synced with the new service... before I finished the phone call,

the service was up and running just fine.

Thanks again!