Contributor

On Demand errors ERR-65532 and SRM-20

I have two boxes and On Demand is not working on either of them.

One box gives the code ERR-65532 and the other box gives the code SRM-20.

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean and what we can do to try to get On Demand working?

We have had continual problems with Comcast services (Cable, Internet and Phone).   I have started keeping a list and we have problems on a daily basis. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: On Demand errors ERR-65532 and SRM-20

On Demand issues like that need a Comcast rep to determine the cause.

The Corp team here has been notified of your error and will respond back to this post and check your email, most likely Monday or Tuesday.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

JerryBen wrote:

I have two boxes and On Demand is not working on either of them.

One box gives the code ERR-65532 and the other box gives the code SRM-20.

Can anyone tell me what these codes mean and what we can do to try to get On Demand working?

We have had continual problems with Comcast services (Cable, Internet and Phone).   I have started keeping a list and we have problems on a daily basis. 

Hi there - ERR-Server error 65532 and SRM-20 relate to assets being tied up and undeliverable at the moment. This is a temporary error and is usually cleared within an hour or two.

Are you still seeing this?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
rchimento129

My On Demand is doing the same thing ERR-65532). I called and had a refresh signal sent to my account but its still not working.

On Demand hardly ever works on our box! So frustrating.

New Visitor

We've had the same issue for several months here too, ever since we tried to install a digital box... several Comcast visits and 4 RNG110's later, they finally got VOD to work, but we still continue to get 65532 errors when we try to actually watch anything.  resetting the box sometimes helps, but 2 days later, the 65532 error is back.  It seems like we're paying an awful lot of money each month to a service provider who isn't providing the promised services.  DirectTV is looking like more of an option these days.

Contributor

I started this thread back in December, and just as an update, our On Demand hardly ever works. 

It is particularly frustrating when my children are out of school and they're unable to watch anything.  We have subscribed to Netflix and that's where we watch movies now.   I've heard from one rep who came out that there isn't sufficient coverage in the area where we live, therefore, when lots of people are trying to watch at the same time, Comcast is overloaded and can't handle the volume.  I don't know if this makes sense or not in this age of technology, but that's what we were told.  I also feel like we're paying lots of money for something that doesn't work well at all.  We have our Voice, TV and Internet with Comcast and it is really scary how often the home phone service is "dead".  We would be unable to call 911 in the event of an emergency. 

New Visitor

I've been having the same problem with OnDemand for months now.  I've gotten several different error codes and Comcast has tried a variety of seemingly random solutions, from resetting the box manually (unplugging it) to having a Tech come out.  Nothing has worked.  The problem keeps reoccurring.

On my most recent call for the problem, the rep finally told me the that, too, that OnDemand can't handle the volume and Comcast is "at the table discussing the problem."  I've asked for my bill to be prorated for the periods of time that I have been unable to use it, but haven't seen a credit on my bill.  It's a LOT of money to pay for a service that doesn't work, especially since I almost always watch...or at least, USED to watch...OnDemand rather than regular TV.  Frankly, JerryBen, that's why I haven't signed up for the Triple Play, I'm afraid of phone outages during an emergency.

I am seriously considering other options including FIOS and just discontinuing TV service and using a computer or entertainment system to access a movie service.

Contributor

Since posting previously, we have discontinued Digital Voice, and are in the process of setting up new email accounts so we can bid Comcast farewell. We subscribed to Netflix, which is a fabulous service and are considering our options for a new Internet provider. Comcast is charging for services they're unwilling or unable to provide, and we feel like it no longer provides value to justify the cost.