New Visitor
darkryder13

On Demand not Available at all

I live in Everett, WA, and the last few days whenever I tried to use On Demand it would give me an error message.

Last night, while moving some furniture around the cable box wire was disconnected, and when it was reconnected and turned on it will not display the proper time, instead staying at 12:00. Furthermore, when I try to get into On Demand or my DVR recordings, it tells me "DVR service is not available or is currently disabled". And On Demand is giving me a message stating "This feature is currently unavailable. Please try again later or call your cable operator for more information".

Could it be a bad box? Is there a problem in this area?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: On Demand not Available at all

Sometimes you can clear up DVR problems such as this by unplugging the DVR power for a moment, then plugging it back in. You will temporarily lose program guide data, but it will be replenished over a few hours.

New Visitor
darkryder13

I tried that a couple times, it doesn't seem to be doing the job. And when it's on, it will randomly shut itself down, giving me a burst of static and then the cable box turning off. It's an older unit, I think.

New Visitor
Pretty_Paisley

I've been having the same problem for the past week. It started when I unplugged everything to move the TV. I've had to call customer service to have them send a signal to my box, which seems to work. A bad storm knocked out the power in my area & I had to call to have another signal sent.

I don't know what the problem is, but having customer service send the signal seems to fix the issue.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Darkryder13, I'd say you need to have the box replaced.