New Visitor
sabrinathecat

On Demand not working

It has been seven weeks since our On Demand service stopped working. We have called Customer Support eight times and our Internet did not work for three weeks. It kept on cutting out in the middle of the day and telling me that we didn't have an IP address. Then we got the Internet (and allegedly On Demand) fixed but On Demand STILL wasn't working. We've done trouble-shooting more times than I can count on both fingers and toes. I have unplugged the cable box, waited for minutes and sometimes hours, and it hasn't worked. Two technicians have come twice, as afore-mentioned, and the second technician was only told about an issue with our "node" (area) because one of his fellow engineers pulled him over in our neighborhood by chance. Also, he replaced our older box with a new one (the newest version, I believe). He told us that the node problem should be fixed shortly. That was last week. 

Now our channels keep attempting to switch to HD in the middle of shows and when we switch channels willingly we get no signal (a black screen for sometimes up to a minute). Also today the Internet STOPPED WORKING AGAIN for over two hours. It reset itself and started working but I was out during the day, so it may have been longer than two hours. 

I do not understand why our IP address is not working and why we are having trouble because of our node. I think it has to do with the digital switch but the problem has just gotten worse. I live in Jacksonville, FL. If needed I will post my zip code. 

We are paying an exorbitant amount a month and we would for our service to actually work. Thanks. 

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: On Demand not working

The Comcast Cares Team has been notified of your continued issues and will get the right local people involved.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the team during the business week.

New Visitor
luckyeddie777

I have been having the same problem, ever since I 'upgraded' to a new HD box with DVR my on demand does not work and most channels show 'to be announced'. This has been going on for months now. Even after playing all their unplug games. So now I am going to cancel comcast TV and subscribe with Direct TV.

New Visitor
JessiJ

WE recently recieved internet and a phone. Now certain channels including our pay per view are not working right. It refuses to let us buy them and our movies channels have been taken off, which to our understanding wasn't going to happen.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Has your issue returned since the last trouble call was made?

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-