Visitor
DarkMystic

On demand not working - Two weeks now.

It all started two weeks ago.  After years of having no issue with viewing my missed tv programs on On Demand, it stopped working.  There was an error code but I forget it now.  Doesn't matter, because, instead of doing anything about it, I decided to upgrade to a DVR box. I figured that the tech could come out, install the box and get my On Demand working while he was here. Waited a week for tech.  Tech came, installed DVR box.  Didn't do anything about the On Demand.  Told me I had to call for service.  On Demand now giving error code 7.

Motorola DVR box has been power cycled. (obviously, it was just installed) 

All coax cables have been re-seated.

When the tech that comes to my home doesn't even want to take the time to service his own equipment, why should I feel more confident in some nameless faceless stranger on the phone? NOT VERY HAPPY WITH COMCAST!

I need my On Demand working again.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: On demand not working - Two weeks now.

[ Edited ]

Many times if you order equipment it is brought out by a installer, and some times the installer is a contractor.  Contractor installers do not service trouble issues.  The service techs are Comcast employees.

The help ticket should have been called in for a On Demand issue to get the right guy out there to troubleshoot and fix your On Demand issue.  Placing a order for equipment upgrades would not do in some situations.

Error 7 usually means the box does not have a IP address needed for On Demand to work.  Is this your only full set top box?  Or do you have other full set top boxes in the house that are working.

Make sure your F connectors are snug at the back of the box, at the wall outlet, and make sure you are not running any coax jumpers through any AC surge protector strips, as that can certain signal issues like this.

So to get your issue corrected, the Comcast Corp administrator has been notified and will get the right people involved to find and fix the issue, it might be able to be done remotely, or a prem repair tech might need to come out.

Watch this post and your email for updates from the Corp team or someone local during the next business week.

Visitor
DarkMystic

On Demand now mysteriously working.  I didn't do anything at all.

How ever, it is VERY slow to respond.  When I hit the On Demand button, it takes 15 seconds for the oOn Demand menu to load.  Every button press in the On Demand menu (such as scrolling through the movie list or show list) takes 3 seconds to respond.

{{{{ Push Button - one second - two seconds - three seconds - Menu Responds to button press.}}}

Very frustrating when trying to scroll through lists.  Anyway something can be done about this?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Try removing power from the box for a few seconds, then plugging it back in.  Guide data will be lost, but it will be recovered over a few hours.