New Visitor
jeannettebull

Re: No on demand menu - please wait followed by a blank screen

I had the tech switch my cable box because I was unable to get On Demand either. On Saturday when he switched boxes, he said that it would take 3 to 4 hours before I was able to watch tv. It is now Monday night and I STILL CAN NOT watch tv. I'm starting to really dislike Comcast.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Are you getting any error codes, or messages?  Are you getting any menu's?

The Comast Cares Team has been notified and will respond to your issue as soon as possible during the business week.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

I've gotten this escalated. Someone will be giving you a call to discuss this further.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

New Visitor
bubbamusic

I get the black screen w/xfinity on demand logo for about 3 minutes followed by blue dialog box "call Comcast 1-800-Comcast". I press OK and it goes out of on demand. A technician came 2 weeks ago and got it working again. Said that the cable boxes had lost their IP addresses. It worked for about three days and crapped out again. He tested signal strength and communication and all was well. He was baffled and said they have had a lot of trouble since the menu changeover. What now?

New Visitor
mktoothbrush

mine is error 7 :smileyshocked:

New Visitor
hrndnwmn

SAme here.  Chat isn't working or I would ask them.  Get a blank web page.  Fill in the blanks? Is this what Comcast is all about?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

unplug your box, plug it back in, wait for the guide to repoplulate.  If that does not work you need a service call to check signal strength on your system  99% of all on demand problems are signal strength problmes caused by too many splitters or some sort of wiring issue.

New Visitor
tolewski

thanks, I just did the unplug instruction and it worked like a charm.

New Visitor
mct557

That's typically it....the signal strength inside the home often drops off after the main feed into the house is split off to different rooms.  Depending upon length of cable run in the house, the type of splitter used, or where the splitter is located "in line" with the cable has an impact on the signal strength to the box.

Believe comcast has a home health check feature that checks this...maybe they call it upstream transmit signal strength or something.

I think this issue is really prevalent in older homes, although newer homes can have the same problem.

New Visitor

I just talked to the best Tech Comcast must have. His name was Antonio and he told me exactly what to do and it worked. My On Demand is back in business. He told me to unplug the box FROM THE BOX NOT THE OUTLET AND to disconnect the cable from the box and leave it that way for about 15 to 20 seconds. I did this and plugged everything back in and I have my service back. Give it a shot. It worked for me!!!!!

New Visitor

same here.  after getting a new box, still get the error message, after 45 minutes on hold tech tells me to unplug the cable box, wait 30 seconds plug back in, now all I have to do is wait 20-40 minutes before i can watch tv again.  I REALLY hate hearing Rick Germano tell me how important I am as I hold for 45-60 minutes EVERY OTHER DAY just to use the service that I pay for.  I also have to laugh at the commercials talking about how FAST you can get on  demand movies any time you want.  On Demand???? whose demand??? certainly not mine!  Maybe that's the issue, it is on Comcasts demand not ours! LOL!

New Visitor

Recently a tech was called to repair outside wiring.  When he finished I discovered I lost On Demand and the error code is CL-7.  Can this be reset?

New Visitor

We have been getting error 14 have no idea what that is. I'm not really into the on demand- cable setup. Everything seems more complicated, less flow. Is it just me?

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

[ Edited ]

Most of the time the error 7 no IP on the Moto boxes and error 14 no IP on the SA / Cisco boxes are usually a unique issue with each sub.  It can be an account issue, signal issue, or equipment issue.

In any case, please call into Comcast support, and they will need to determine the root cause and if they can fix the account codes, or need to send out a tech.

As with many issues similar to this, alwasy start by power cycling the box to make sure the box loads up properly, sometimes that's all it takes.

New Visitor

The problem has been resolved.  Thank you.