Contributor
kcf58

Re: On Demand error 7

Ditto same issue with on-demand. I'm a new customer as of Jan 15th or so. On-demand works on my 2 HD boxes but never on my used Cisco RNG200 DVR. I had a new Cisco RNG200-N DVR sent to me because no way I am waiting in the line at our service centers. The new DVR does the same thing - a message is given that indicates it's not enabled press ok to enable. Of course that doesn't work. After numerous calls to support, (and having supposedly spoken to the brightest minds in India) the result was in typical Comcast style. Diddily Squat. A technician is coming tomarrow and I will post again if there is a postive result. Did anybody else get the issue fixed?

Oh, I almost forgot. Even though Xfinity was HEAVILY advertised and targeted to my address, it turns out the Xfinity Web App (specifically DVR Manager) is not yet available in my area as advertised. I'm very frustrated and amazed at how hard it is to become a Comcast customer with just "normal expectations". I've spent countless hours trying to simply have my original order fulfilled with the features I'm supposed to have. Sheesh!

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Make sure that you get a credit for the days you're without services for which you are being billed. 

If you speak to a Comcast telephone agent for the credits or adjustments, be SURE to get both their name and their Comcast ID number and keep track of that, along with the date/time of your call.  That way, if the credit/adjustment does NOT appear, you'll have your ducks in a row when you have to call back.

Hopefully the tech can swap out your box, too.

rog286713

kcf58 wrote:

Ditto same issue with on-demand. I'm a new customer as of Jan 15th or so. On-demand works on my 2 HD boxes but never on my used Cisco RNG200 DVR. I had a new Cisco RNG200-N DVR sent to me because no way I am waiting in the line at our service centers. The new DVR does the same thing - a message is given that indicates it's not enabled press ok to enable. Of course that doesn't work. After numerous calls to support, (and having supposedly spoken to the brightest minds in India) the result was in typical Comcast style. Diddily Squat. A technician is coming tomarrow and I will post again if there is a postive result. Did anybody else get the issue fixed?

Oh, I almost forgot. Even though Xfinity was HEAVILY advertised and targeted to my address, it turns out the Xfinity Web App (specifically DVR Manager) is not yet available in my area as advertised. I'm very frustrated and amazed at how hard it is to become a Comcast customer with just "normal expectations". I've spent countless hours trying to simply have my original order fulfilled with the features I'm supposed to have. Sheesh!

Error 7 is almost always a signal related issue.  teh tech should check  your signal strength and look over your wiring.  Yes you are correct DVR manager is only available in motorola areas currently, the advertising in your area probably spans over to motorola areas also that's why you are seeing it.

Contributor
kcf58

On-Demand Solution for me - When the Tech came out today he called in and they said the Rate Code had not been properly entered into the system for my specific DVR. Once they did that, I have the On-Demand on my DVR.