Contributor
CtotheP

Sony BDV-T58 + Pace RNG-110 = no On Demand

So I bought a Sony BDV-T58 HTIB about 3 weeks ago. Everything works great except Comcast OnDemand. I have the Pace RNG-110 HD cable box from Comcast (the slim HD box withOUT a clock on the front). Everytime I go to view something OnDemand, it just freezes and won't play anything. If I hit Fast Forward on the remote, I can see the programming play, but when I push the play button, I get a black screen.

Anyone have any idea whether this is a T58 issue or a Cable Box issue? I've replaced the Pace HD Box w/ a new one from a Service Center and have seen the same issue on both.

Thanks in advance

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Sony BDV-T58 + Pace RNG-110 = no On Demand

if you have it connected HDMI have you tried component cables to see if that makes a difference?  Also here is the instructions for that box.

https://www.pace.com/Documents/Manuals/ENG-M-RNG110-504-3438000-QSG.pdf

follow those to change your hdmi and volume settings.  That might work for you.

Contributor
CtotheP

So thanks for the replies. I checked all of the box settings and that wasn't the issue. It appears to be an HDMI switching issue when the signal changes when it's being sent to the BDV-T58. With the movie (Tale of Despereaux) playing, I cycled through the receiver inputs until it was back on the HDMI input.....VOILA...I could see the movie. It's obviously not ideal, I think the receiver should not have to do it, but it appears to be a Sony issue.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you did not say your putting your hdmi input through a receiver I did not look up that model number and assumed it was a tv.  YOu are correct comcast boxes have issues going through receivers and out to the tv what works best is going from the box to the tv hdmi and to the receiver optical.

Contributor
CtotheP

The BDV-T58 is a HTiB system, so it is the "receiver"